• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nekofrog
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:08 AM)
Hayter used his experience and decscribed his physical traits and abilities not because it makes him better or worse as a victim, or to dismiss them, but to frame it from the other victims perspective. They are not as big as him, strong as him, and he still got pulled into a situation like this. Imagine how horrified the other victims must be in that position when they have 0 actual power unlike hayter? That's his entire point
MugiwaraCole
(10-13-2017, 01:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Alienous

Right. It seemed like it could have been saying both of those things. 'If I had been interested and gay it might not have been so problematic`, which almost seems to validate the proposition.

That doesn't validate the proposition, nor is that what he was implying. What the hell?
lenovox1
(10-13-2017, 01:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

The context explains what he means. He says he totally doesn't fault/judge people who do use their sex appeal to get ahead if that's what they really want, so to me this implies he might have been tempted to do that, but since he's not gay, it couldn't ever happen.

At least, I think that's what he meant... Not that "if the abuser had been attractive to these women it wouldn't be so bad". Or I hope so, anyway...

Yeah, that's what he meant. Grammatically and editorially, it still wasn't necessary. That point comes across when he adds the quote, "that's just not me." But whatever. I'm not his editor.
BiGBoSSMk23
A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
(10-13-2017, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by McMoneyman

David Hayter just tweeted this.

Feels good to see more confirmation that one of the few people of note I've looked up to is actually really decent.

Originally Posted by Alienous

The "I'm just not gay", as if being gay would have justified that abuse of power, is a little weird.

Wow, you literally cannot read.
Vincent Alexander
(10-13-2017, 01:34 AM)
That Hayer story was uncomfortable as hell to read. I can't imagine being there.
AuthenticM
(10-13-2017, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Nekofrog

Hayter used his experience and decscribed his physical traits and abilities not because it makes him better or worse as a victim, or to dismiss them, but to frame it from the other victims perspective. They are not as big as him, strong as him, and he still got pulled into a situation like this. Imagine how horrified the other victims must be in that position when they have 0 actual power unlike hayter? That's his entire point

yeah exactly
Replicant
There's a duck in the room
There's a duck i-OWWWW
(10-13-2017, 02:49 AM)
AuthenticM
(10-13-2017, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Replicant

Christ Ben. Shithead.
Wingfan19
(10-13-2017, 02:58 AM)
This was already brought up yesterday and I asked the question, did she mean Ben specifically or other men at the party? That's too vague.
norm9
(10-13-2017, 03:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

This was already brought up yesterday and I asked the question, did she mean Ben specifically or other men at the party? That's too vague.

I'm still confused about it also. Was he playing goose with multiple people? There had to have been tons of people who saw it if that's what he was doinh.
MisterAnderson
Little Big NeoContra
(10-13-2017, 03:10 AM)
Lol at people misinterpreting Hayter's heartfelt testimony...it's clear as day.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
Wingfan19
(10-13-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by norm9

I'm still confused about it also. Was he playing goose with multiple people? There had to have been tons of people who saw it if that's what he was doinh.

My guess is she meant multiple men were doing it, not just Ben. Golden Globes parties are pretty notorious for the celebs getting boozed up and the mingling during commercials. Wouldn't shock me that some of the guys got a bit too tipsy and thought it'd be funny to goose a few of the women while they were walking around.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

My guess is she meant multiple men were doing it, not just Ben. Golden Globes parties are pretty notorious for the celebs getting boozed up and the mingling during commercials. Wouldn't shock me that some of the guys got a bit too tipsy and thought it'd be funny to goose a few of the women while they were walking around.

It would be weird if she meant Affleck was feeling multiple women up. Although he most likely has if he's a serial assaulter.

Friends who have worked these parties have told me stories of people having sex in bathrooms, stairwells, handjobs under the diner tables, etc.
Ashhong
(10-13-2017, 03:52 AM)
Well the tweet says exact same situation..But yea I wouldn't be surprised to find that it was other random celebs
Puck Beaverton
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:02 AM)
I mean, we all know about the Del Toro/Johansson elevator boning that happened. Those people get hammered at the Globes.
AuthenticM
(10-13-2017, 04:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Puck Beaverton

I mean, we all know about the Del Toro/Johansson elevator boning that happened. Those people get hammered at the Globes.

did that really happen?
OnixVerumi
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Puck Beaverton

I had never heard of this, and before googling it I thought you meant Guillermo Del Toro! Benicio makes more sense haha.
Zen Aku
(10-13-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by AuthenticM

did that really happen?

She denied it for years. But I think she confirmed it recently (I think). But it's whatever. They're two consenting adults.
Nategc20
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:52 AM)
Ben touched my penis at the source awards.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(10-13-2017, 04:52 AM)

Originally Posted by OnixVerumi

I had never heard of this, and before googling it I thought you meant Guillermo Del Toro! Benicio makes more sense haha.

lmao my mind immediately thought of Guillermo too. I thought "good for him!!"
BadAss2961
(10-13-2017, 06:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Nategc20

Ben touched my penis at the source awards.

lol

Wouldn't even make the front page of shit that's happened at the Source Awards.
MosquitoSmasher
(10-13-2017, 02:37 PM)

Your dreams are important. But they are not worth your soul.

One hell of a post by David Hayter, holy shit.
Thaedolus
(10-13-2017, 03:00 PM)

Originally Posted by the_darkness

I'm not quite sure what to make of the Hayter anecdote.

One guy made a move on another guy and the second he said no, it was all over.

So, Hayter is saying if he was smaller or didn't have martial arts training, he might not have felt comfortable saying no. But why is that the "fault" of the producer? Is the producer not allowed to make a move on someone in the event they haven't had combat training?

I understand the inherent power dynamic at play but again, that's not the fault of the producer and shouldn't necessarily preclude him from making a sexual advance, on the proviso that he respects that advance being rebuffed which it was in this case.

Yes, the power dynamic absolutely makes it wrong for the producer to make sexual advances. Itís no different from my gay boss at work making sexual advances on me. He holds the power to affect my entire livelihood, rebuffing him would come with considerable risk even if I felt I could kick his ass if he tried to force himself. Thatís why itís gross no matter the sex or physical size of the person doing it.

Itís also gross when a subordinate will come on to a person in power in order to try to advance their career or get ahead of others. Keep business business FFS.
ArtHands
(10-13-2017, 03:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Replicant

So Annamarie Tendler isn't the only victim

Go fuck yourself, Ben. You're a subhuman.
Dude Abides
(10-13-2017, 03:22 PM)
Ben Affleck has always been a drunken douchey bro who likes to pretend he's progressive because he knew Howard Zinn.
Luschient
(10-13-2017, 03:30 PM)
I'm glad people like Hayter are sharing their experiences but I'm afraid if nobody starts naming names, all this will just go away in the next week or so.

If all we keep hearing about are "this powerful studio exec" or "a famous director" did this and that, there's really nothing you can do with that information.
Always-honest
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:51 PM)

Great. Clear message. And he's right. People should all take some self-defense lessons. It helps.

Originally Posted by MisterAnderson

Lol at people misinterpreting Hayter's heartfelt testimony...it's clear as day.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

What do you mean? Who is misinterpreting it? In what way?
Edit: Oh wait. i read the posts. Though it's always more clear if you give example. Don't leave stuff in the middle.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(10-13-2017, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Thaedolus

Yes, the power dynamic absolutely makes it wrong for the producer to make sexual advances. Itís no different from my gay boss at work making sexual advances on me. He holds the power to affect my entire livelihood, rebuffing him would come with considerable risk even if I felt I could kick his ass if he tried to force himself. Thatís why itís gross no matter the sex or physical size of the person doing it.

Itís also gross when a subordinate will come on to a person in power in order to try to advance their career or get ahead of others. Keep business business FFS.

I disagree with this 10000%. You just can't make blanket statements like this. It might be a good rule of thumb, but you can't know everyone's relationship when it comes to boss -> employee.
The Jazz Cabbage Master
(10-13-2017, 10:45 PM)

Wow
Sapiens
(10-13-2017, 10:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

Ben Affleck has always been a drunken douchey bro who likes to pretend he's progressive because he knew Howard Zinn.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=52732
AuthenticM
(10-13-2017, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Sapiens

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=52732

The showing of his dick to Christina is gross.
Lord Fagan
(10-13-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by AuthenticM

The showing of his dick to Christina is gross.

All the lols in that thread are pretty damn questionable, too.
Razgriz-Specter
(10-13-2017, 11:12 PM)
Man some people in here really need better reading comprehension with that Hayter story.
Rumblebones
Banned
(10-14-2017, 01:49 AM)
We need a megathread.

I'm hearing even Clooney is getting outed now.
chaos789
(10-14-2017, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

I assume he knew Zinn because Matt Damon grew up living across the street from Howard Zinn.
AuthenticM
(10-14-2017, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Rumblebones

We need a megathread.

I'm hearing even Clooney is getting outed now.

Seems to be MAGA drones from what I saw.