• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Piscus
(10-13-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Transistor

I avoid listeria.... Err... Blue Bell these days. Blue Bunny is so much better

This is borderline blasphemy. Blue Bunny is so phenomenally mediocre. I'll take the listeria if it means getting Blue Bell back into Vegas.
Zoe
(10-13-2017, 01:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Regiruler

How is it that there are thousands of options but only Cold Stone sells Sweet Cream?

Yeah, I can only ever find sweet cream at ice cream shops :(

Apparently Tillamook has sweet cream gelato, but I can't get that locally.
lenovox1
(10-13-2017, 01:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Piscus

This is borderline blasphemy. Blue Bunny is so phenomenally mediocre. I'll take the listeria if it means getting Blue Bell back into Vegas.

Blue Bunny is full of fillers and gums too. That helps keep it creamy even when stored for a long period of time, but it also loses flavor, body, texture, everything that makes ice cream good...
whatsinaname
(10-13-2017, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Regiruler

How is it that there are thousands of options but only Cold Stone sells Sweet Cream?

Please help, me I'm dying

Originally Posted by Zoe

Yeah, I can only ever find sweet cream at ice cream shops :(

Apparently Tillamook has sweet cream gelato, but I can't get that locally.

Hell must be discovering a favourite flavour and finding out it is only available at Cold Stone.

PS: Jeni's has a sweet cream pint btw.

BlueBadger
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by peteykirch

Pretty much anything Talenti makes, yes I know it's technically gelato.

Jesus that sounds so fucking good.
I hope we have that in Canada
Zoe
(10-13-2017, 01:26 AM)

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

Hell must be discovering a favourite flavour and finding out it is only available at Cold Stone.

PS: Jeni's has a sweet cream pint btw.

I actually like Cold Stone! But there aren't any around here :(

Sweet Cream is the perfect flavor to add to. I'll have to see if I can find Jeni's...
Ponn
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:46 AM)
Blue Bell is still great, they had a problem and fixed it. Itís not like they keep screwing up like Chipotle. Their Brides Cake ice cream is awesome and one of the best mint chip ice creams.

Ben and Jerryís is overrated. Itís classic example of just because it costs more doesnít mean itís better.

If you happen to be blessed enough to have a Publix nearby then you have your GOAT ice cream right there.

Publix Pumpkin Pie ice cream - has the little Pie pieces and right mix of spice flavoring. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and dash of nutmeg, mmmm.

Publix Apple Pie ice cream - not quite the GOAT as the pumpkin pie but damn is it close.

Publix Chocolate Trinity - good fucking lord who thought up this was a goddamn mad man. You like chocolate? Well here you go. Just know nothing will satisfy your chocolate craving ever again.

Publix Cookie Quarry frozen yogurt - yea not ice cream but I dare you to tell me you can tell the difference. This is the absolute best cookies and cream type ice cream/yogurt Iíve ever had bar none. And itís frozen yogurt so itís good for you, right? Sure it is!
teepo
(10-13-2017, 02:21 AM)
Jeni's is legit and is still the best ice cream i've ever had. the best way to describe it is Ben and Jerry's done right, with no compromises and the ratios perfected. i went to about ten ice cream shops during my last trip to LA and i was left surprised by how much i preferred Jeni's over the rest, especially in texture. that's saying a lot given the competition in LA is no joke

i thought with all the recent ice cream shops popping up that were obviously influenced by Jeni, she'd have fallen towards the bottom of pack, kind of like how Momofuku Ramen has in New York. what's most impressive is that the several Jeni's located in LA are as far removed from the original Columbus, Ohio flagship store as can possibly be. i can only imagine the quality being consistent across the entire country

unfortunately that shit is way too out of my price range whenever i come across it at the grocery store. though they just opened up a shop in DC finally :D
Falchion
(10-13-2017, 02:25 AM)
Talenti is good shit unless you're worried about the calories and then just go with Halo Top.
Geist-
(10-13-2017, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by snacknuts

For my money it doesn't get any better than this:

I'm all about the Rocky Road personally.
mambadragon
Banned
(10-13-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

Tillamook

which isn't sold in....

[fake edit] holy crap, they sell it in Austin now!

We had this on vacation and it was delicious
Crimson_Echidna
Banned
(10-13-2017, 02:36 AM)
GifGafIsTheBestGaf
(10-13-2017, 02:45 AM)
i can help you choosing the flavor of the gods, Rum Raisin Ice cream
Vestal
(10-13-2017, 02:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Kanik

Nothing beats homemade.

Talents
Banned
(10-13-2017, 02:55 AM)
I can never not eat a whole tub of this at once. Never had better ice cream.

AntoneM
(10-13-2017, 03:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Lambtron

Only available in ND, MN, IA, WI, and Chicago, but this is the best fucking ice cream I've ever eaten.

Is that a CassClay thing?
MiddeSummer
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:08 AM)

Yas.
LOLDSFAN
(10-13-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

That's ice milk.

Yummy ice milk.
Dreadnought
(10-13-2017, 03:10 AM)

Nothing beats homemade.

Thats fucking gross
lenovox1
(10-13-2017, 03:13 AM)
Ooh! Because I just had one and it was on my mind because of this thread: the best consumer chocolate ice cream bar is hands down a Dove dark chocolate bar.

The vanilla ice cream they use is perfectly smooth and sweet and balances the bitter, creamy elements of the Dove shell perfectly. 😋
Wag
(10-13-2017, 03:13 AM)

GOAT
Queen Vulpix
(10-13-2017, 03:18 AM)
I adored this when I had it

Soooo good <3
BlitzerRadic
(10-13-2017, 03:19 AM)
Haagen Daz. 16% butterfat, super premium ice cream.

If you're in the Bay Area, Mitchell's. Incredibly good and some really unusual seasonal flavors.
tcrunch
(10-13-2017, 03:20 AM)
What kind of tortured life must you have led to think Blue Bunny is any good
Dude Guy
(10-13-2017, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Dreadnought

Thats fucking gross

Fight me right now, b
Baron Von Beans
(10-13-2017, 03:29 AM)
Graeters is a brand from Cincinnati, OH, but they are in scattered stores here and there. You can also buy online and have it shipped anywhere.

Not ideal for a spur of the moment desire, no, but it's some of the best shit I've had. No crazy flavor combinations, more traditional. My personal fav is black raspberry chip. It's outstanding.
toohectic
(10-13-2017, 03:32 AM)
Roselani's Haupia flavor. Yum! But unfortunately it's only available in Hawaii. So my second choice is likely Ben & Jerry's Milk and Cookies. So good!

Sounds like I gotta try Talenti again. Only tried the Mediterranean Mint flavor and I wasn't a huge fan. The mint flavor had a bad after taste to me. So I'll have to try one of the other flavors.
Boogie9IGN
<3 Looking for Sailors <3
(10-13-2017, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Darryl M R

my god that sounds amazing
Zoe
(10-13-2017, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Talents

I can never not eat a whole tub of this at once. Never had better ice cream.

What kind of flavor is traditional?
Generate
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:49 AM)
GOAT
perfectchaos007
(10-13-2017, 03:53 AM)
I feel like we have this thread every 2 months. No complaints here, I love ice cream. Anyone remember Baseball Nut at Baskin Robins? Shit was legit
Quonny
(10-13-2017, 03:56 AM)
I shouldn't have clicked this thread.
rjc571
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:56 AM)
Grab the Talenti's. One of each gelato flavor. You can thank me later.
BluePigGanon
(10-13-2017, 04:05 AM)
Trust me on this:

Also, almost every Jeni's I've tried has been spectacular but they are like twice as much as any other pint.
Fuchsdh
(10-13-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Conor_Fool

Oh god, first two posts absolute nail it. Always, always stick with coffee for Haagen-dazs. One of the best store bought ice creams of all time. But get something crazy from Ben and Jerry's. Like Phish Food

Now I really want Phish food.

As I'm not normally a huge topping/ingredients guy in my ice cream, these days I lean more towards Hagen Daz. It's great and it's easy to find pretty much anywhere.

And, if we count gelato, while Talenti is pretty great, this flavor is utter perfection to me:

Typhoon_Ex
(10-13-2017, 02:48 PM)
If you can find it

Best Ice Cream Ever
Faiz
(10-13-2017, 03:20 PM)

Originally Posted by lenovox1

No Halo Top cultists yet? Hmm. 🤔

I really want to try Halo Top

I like Halo Top and eat it a lot.

But when I want good ICE CREAM I don't even consider it...
LogicStep
(10-13-2017, 03:21 PM)
Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream is my favorite.
#sorrynotsorry
(10-13-2017, 03:25 PM)
Every time someone posts Ben & Jerry's, I die a little bit inside.
Skyr
(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Conor_Fool

Oh god, first two posts absolute nail it. Always, always stick with coffee for Haagen-dazs. One of the best store bought ice creams of all time. But get something crazy from Ben and Jerry's. Like Phish Food

GOAT GOAT GOAT

Also not available in germany >:( why why why
Had a giant portion at boston harbor a few months ago and was in heaven.
LogicStep
(10-13-2017, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by #sorrynotsorry

🙄

What is so much better from the grocery store?
Hyoukokun
(10-13-2017, 03:32 PM)

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

Talenti is decent but I prefer Gelato Fiasco to it.

The peanut butter and espresso flavours are both quite brilliant.

Gelato Fiasco is amazing. Their best flavors (IMHO) are Strawberry Balsamic and Sweet Resurgam (a burnt sugar + almond flavor), which can be hard to find outside of their actual stores in Maine.
Nottle
(10-13-2017, 03:41 PM)
Iím a fan of bluebell. Get brides cake, itís great.

Publix also has good ice cream.
heavy liquid
(10-13-2017, 03:47 PM)

Originally Posted by sir_kevith

There's been a surge of premium ice cream lately. They're all pretty good. I do like how Haagen Dazs still manages to keep it's good texture without any gums. I wouldnt write off an ice cream just because it has a stabilizer like guar gum but I don't like ice cream where you can notice it. Modern day Breyers sucks for that.

Yes! I really can't stand most ice creams now that I've become used to good ice cream without all the gums and stabilizers.

The best ice cream I've found is either Turkey Hill "All Natural" ice creams, or Haagen Daz "Five" ice creams.

Both of these do not contain any of the thickening, stabilizing and emulsifying Agents (Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Lactase Enzyme, Tara Gum, mono & diglycerides, etc.) found in most other ice creams.

These will actually melt if you leave it out, instead of turning into a gelatinous blob. And they taste much richer and creamier because of it, imo.

Ryuukan
(10-13-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by #sorrynotsorry

Ben & Jerry's ice cream tastes amazing, still gives a full pint (unlike haagen-dazs crooks) and supports progressive social movements

either you're a hardcore #maga bro or you expect everyone has a "mom & pop" ice cream shop across the street from them
Baron Von Beans
(10-13-2017, 04:09 PM)
Graeters website, from my earlier post. Currently featuring Stout & Pretzel ice cream. I haven't had that one yet, but everything else is just wonderful. If anyone is here is ever going to Cincinnati, do yourself a favor and stop there.
Lambtron
(10-13-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by AntoneM

Is that a CassClay thing?

I don't think so, they're from St. Paul.

Cass Clay Swiss chocolate milk is the fucking GOAT though.
Saint of Killers
(10-13-2017, 04:58 PM)

Nothing beats homemade.

This is pretty much how I went off the taste of Frosties in the 90's xD That was not one of my better ideas.

kulfiicepistachio.png
Saint of Killers
(10-13-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by BluePigGanon

Trust me on this:

Also, almost every Jeni's I've tried has been spectacular but they are like twice as much as any other pint.

WTFH?!

Does it have cardamom bits in it? Because if it does: GTFFO with that shit.
Jon Armdog
(10-13-2017, 05:02 PM)

Originally Posted by NoMoreTrolls

Blue bell, any flavor. I'm partial to vanilla and cookies and cream.

Yep, Blue Bell is the GOAT. Any flavor, but my favorites are chocolate and cookies & cream.

Deadly bacteria be damned