• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Baron von Loathsome
(10-12-2017, 12:18 PM)
I'm having trouble connecting my Vudu account.
TheChewyWaffles
(10-12-2017, 12:19 PM)
Sorely needed - would almost make me consider using such a service. Ripping Blurays + plex is still more flexible, though, for the technically inclined.
Zeyphersan
(10-12-2017, 12:20 PM)
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...ly-unavailable

VUDU linking to be fixed by 10AM PST
Machine
(10-12-2017, 12:22 PM)
I linked my Amazon and Google accounts but no free movies. Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

EDIT: They just showed up. Apparently it's just moving slowly.
Last edited by Machine; 10-12-2017 at 12:25 PM.
bigkrev
(10-12-2017, 12:23 PM)
It's not importing all of my Google Play movies- specificly the Ip Man trilogy
ViciousDS
(10-12-2017, 12:28 PM)
imported DMA instantly......can't get itunes or vudu to work
Zeyphersan
(10-12-2017, 12:29 PM)

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

What error is iTunes giving you?
Mango Positive
(10-12-2017, 12:30 PM)
The only movies I've bought with Amazon or Google were Disney movies, but I got my free 5 anyway (well... 3, since I already had the Lego Movie and Big Hero 6).
ViciousDS
(10-12-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeyphersan

What error is iTunes giving you?

its not an error....I'm having some weird DPI issue where my arrow doesn't actually lineup with the buttons...like I have to go beneath the button to get a clickable arrow.....its been this way on my PC since the beginning. The hyperlinks are not lined up with what I actually see

tried compatibility mode, tried canceling scaling.....i fucking hate itunes
Last edited by ViciousDS; 10-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Snaku
Sperm Receptacle
(10-12-2017, 12:34 PM)

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

Yeah I was able to link Amazon and iTunes last night, but it seems like they reset everything and now I can't relink iTunes now. Vudu still doesn't work.
Zeyphersan
(10-12-2017, 12:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Snaku

Yeah I was able to link Amazon and iTunes last night, but it seems like they reset everything and now I can't relink iTunes now. Vudu still doesn't work.

Are you getting the "Unable to Link Account" thing as well?
Snaku
Sperm Receptacle
(10-12-2017, 12:37 PM)

Are you getting the "Unable to Link Account" thing as well?

Yes
Zeyphersan
(10-12-2017, 12:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Snaku

Yes

If itís not resolved on itís own Iím gonna call them tomorrow. I donít want to disconnect my account from iTunes and risk not being able to reconnect it for 180 days. It says ďdifferent accountsĒ for the 180 days rule but I donít want to push it
Nipo
(10-12-2017, 12:45 PM)
Banner on the site now saying vudu linking temporarily unavailable.
graywolf323
(10-12-2017, 12:48 PM)
I wonder if some movies I have on Vudu in SD from codes in cheap DVDs will port to iTunes as HD through this?

edit: well some SD stuff I had from way back when on Amazon ported over as SD so I'm guessing it won't from Vudu either then
Last edited by graywolf323; 10-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.
outunderthestars
Attracted to bright lights
(10-12-2017, 12:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Nipo

Banner on the site now saying vudu linking temporarily unavailable.

These kind of glitches are expected.

Still a great first step in making digital video better for consumers.
ViciousDS
(10-12-2017, 12:51 PM)
get everything linked now except vudu......will do that at break later
SliChillax
(10-12-2017, 01:01 PM)
Of course it doesn't work in my country.
Neece
(10-12-2017, 01:03 PM)
Anyone able to get the Roku app for this? I canít find it in the channel store or find a code to add it to my Roku profile online.

This is useless to me otherwise.
mechashiva
(10-12-2017, 01:37 PM)
We had the old style five person share off of an ultraviolet library. This is not better from a sharing point of view it appears.

Going forward our only solution seems to be piecemealing the connections across each other's accounts rather than a shared out library. I don't love this.
Snaku
Sperm Receptacle
(10-12-2017, 01:38 PM)

If itís not resolved on itís own Iím gonna call them tomorrow. I donít want to disconnect my account from iTunes and risk not being able to reconnect it for 180 days. It says ďdifferent accountsĒ for the 180 days rule but I donít want to push it

I resolved it, you have to unlink your MA account through the AppStore.
kaskade
(10-12-2017, 01:47 PM)
This is amazing. The disconnect between digital services was so silly. I always appreciated when I a disc would come with iTunes and Vudu since i have an apple tv. It was frustrating having to bounce back and forth between apps though trying to figure out which belonged where.
WildZero
(10-12-2017, 01:50 PM)
So how does this work? If I buy an HD copy of a film from Google Play for example, does that get updated to 4K through iTunes, or would it still just appear as HD?
I have managed to create a US Movies Anywhere account & linked my UK Google Play account to it. Amazon, iTunes & Vudu need US accounts though.
Vudu is linked to my UK Ultraviolet account, so it will be interesting to see if those films carry over
Krakatoa
(10-12-2017, 01:53 PM)
How do you link your Disney movies? I only see Amazon, Vudu, Google and ITunes.
KevinG
(10-12-2017, 01:54 PM)
Put my digital copy of Rogue One on the wrong DMA account back in April, and was told I had to call in order to move it to the correct account. I have a feeling that I've probably lost that digital license forever with this new fangled set up, as I've already merged this new account with my main DMA account.
Nordic4tKnight
(10-12-2017, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by WildZero

So how does this work? If I buy an HD copy of a film from Google Play for example, does that get updated to 4K through iTunes, or would it still just appear as HD?
I have managed to create a US Movies Anywhere account & linked my UK Google Play account to it. Amazon, iTunes & Vudu need US accounts though.
Vudu is linked to my UK Ultraviolet account, so it will be interesting to see if those films carry over

Movies get upgraded to 4K on iTunes
Xis
(10-12-2017, 01:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Krakatoa

Itís in little print all the way at the bottom (in the app)
kaskade

Hit the drop down in the top right corner and hit Migrate DMA. That should do it.
KevinG

There is a separate option to merge it with the DMA account.
reKon
(10-12-2017, 01:57 PM)
Is DMA down too? Wreck it Ralph wasn't showing up in my Google library, but I think it's because it originally was linked from DMA?

I can't seem to sign into my account there.
Weevilone
(10-12-2017, 01:57 PM)

Originally Posted by KevinG

Put my digital copy of Rogue One on the wrong DMA account back in April, and was told I had to call in order to move it to the correct account. I have a feeling that I've probably lost that digital license forever with this new fangled set up, as I've already merged this new account with my main DMA account.

Nah, just call in and have them fix it.

Just unlinked my iTunes from last night using the iTunes app. Now I'm re-linked ok.. just waiting for Vudu and don't care about Amazon. Have nothing there, and only use for Prime content I can't get anywhere else.
Commanche Raisin Toast
(10-12-2017, 02:00 PM)
I ran the app, signed in with my Google account, it found my Disney account as soon as it logged in, but the options in the left pane are grayed out and it says Guest at the top.

Edit: exited app and ran it again and now all is well.
Last edited by Commanche Raisin Toast; 10-12-2017 at 02:06 PM.
KevinG

Originally Posted by reKon

Is DMA down too? Wreck it Ralph wasn't showing up in my Google library, but I think it's because it originally was linked from DMA?

I can't seem to sign into my account there.

I was just able to merge my DMA account a few minutes ago.
Kingbrave
My normal copy of Mad Max Fury Road is the Chrome edition here.
Snaku
Sperm Receptacle

Originally Posted by mechashiva

We had the old style five person share off of an ultraviolet library. This is not better from a sharing point of view it appears.

Going forward our only solution seems to be piecemealing the connections across each other's accounts rather than a shared out library. I don't love this.

Yeah, hopefully UV sticks around for a while or MA adds family sharing.
Draconestra
(10-12-2017, 02:02 PM)
Vudu isnít connecting for some reason and I canít see my Wonder Woman copy transfering to iTunes at all.
Nordic4tKnight
(10-12-2017, 02:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Draconestra

Vudu isnít connecting for some reason and I canít see my Wonder Woman copy transfering to iTunes at all.

Yep, VUDU isnít up and running yet. They must have had issues last night.
Tertullian
(10-12-2017, 02:13 PM)
Makes me a little nervous that I don't really understand how all this shit works together. If I own movies on UV/Vudu, and I link with Movies Anywhere, and then UV dies completely and Vudu shuts down entirely, will I still have my movies on Movies Anywhere?

And why's everyone talking about transferring to iTunes? Don't I just move everything to Movies Anywhere and use all their apps and shit? Is there a Movies Anywhere Roku app?

But this sounds very consumer friendly and the best of all possible worlds?
giga
(10-12-2017, 02:22 PM)

Originally Posted by WildZero

Yeah, that's a really good question.
Shadow2222
(10-12-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by giga

Yeah, that's a really good question.

I tested it and Lego Batman (HD UV code) bumped up to 4K on iTunes, so I tried a standard definition UV code for Passengers and even it is showing in 4K on iTunes.
Lights and Waves
(10-12-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Baron von Loathsome

I'm having trouble connecting my Vudu account.

Same. But then again, there isn't even a Roku app for this thing yet so I think I'll just stick with VUDU.
CronoShot
(10-12-2017, 02:30 PM)
Vudu pls.

I just want my Harry Potter movies on iTunes...
AndyD
aka andydumi
(10-12-2017, 02:31 PM)
Works fairly well. Vudu not connecting yet, but it's first day. Biggest issue I have is no Chromecast support?
Junior Asparagus
(10-12-2017, 02:32 PM)
I'm still confused about the non-VUDU Ultraviolet redemptions. I don't have a ton, but whenever I redeemed, I used Flixster just because that happened to be the first one I signed up for. Can I get those in there?
giga
(10-12-2017, 02:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadow2222

I tested it and Lego Batman (HD UV code) bumped up to 4K on iTunes, so I tried a standard definition UV code for Passengers and even it is showing in 4K on iTunes.

That's fantastic.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(10-12-2017, 02:34 PM)

Originally Posted by AndyD

Works fairly well. Vudu not connecting yet, but it's first day. Biggest issue I have is no Chromecast support?

The Android app definitely has Chromecast support

Code:

dallow_bg
nods at old men
(10-12-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by mechashiva

Yeah, this is the only worse thing about it compared to UV.
We'll see what we have to do in my own group.
ToxicPhantom
(10-12-2017, 02:45 PM)
Didnt realize Vudu was such an issue for some people. I've had my Vudu account for years and not once did I have an issue with the service.

The only thing I didnt like is when I purchase a BD/4K like Wonder Woman and the code is for WB's streaming service. I hate signing up for studio only services.
DarthWoo
I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
(10-12-2017, 02:49 PM)

Originally Posted by bigkrev

It's not importing all of my Google Play movies- specificly the Ip Man trilogy

Yeah, it's not got even half of my Google Play movies yet, but I'll just chalk it up to first day glitches.
reKon
(10-12-2017, 02:50 PM)
How does 4k content work on here?