• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

giga
(10-12-2017, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by reKon

How does 4k content work on here?

Not supported. But if you have non 4K content it looks like iTunes upgrades them if you use iTunes.
Experien
(10-12-2017, 03:52 PM)
Vudu won't connect so but so far so good.
Machine
(10-12-2017, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by DarthWoo

Yeah, it's not got even half of my Google Play movies yet, but I'll just chalk it up to first day glitches.

I wonder if there are holdouts besides Paramount and that's why some stuff isn't migrating. I noticed several of my Amazon and Google movies didn't cross over. Hopefully they add tv shows at some point too.
gcubed
(10-12-2017, 03:53 PM)
This permanently adds them to all your connected accounts?

This is amazing
Weevilone
(10-12-2017, 03:54 PM)
I can't even see all of my iTunes movies in iTunes, so something is going on.
Michael F. Assbender
(10-12-2017, 04:01 PM)
I love that Iím seeing my Amazon purchases on the phoneís iTunes app and my Apple purchases in my Amazon app.

About time these companies worked together like this.
peppermints

Originally Posted by gcubed

This permanently adds them to all your connected accounts?

This is amazing

As 'permanently' as the service exists. ;)

I had the issue with iTunes saying it was 'Unable to connect' - I had added it last night, but I guess they reset everything because when I looked this morning everything else was unlinked on the MA side.

Had to go into the iTunes store and unlink MA and now it's good to go.

Really hope we get 4K upgrades on iTunes for things brought over from other services!
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so this is basically exactly what Disney has been doing, but now with more studios. awesome.

linked amazon and iTunes. Heopfully all of my stuff links back to iTunes even on other services, if only for the free 4K upgrades.
Michael F. Assbender
(10-12-2017, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by giga

Not supported. But if you have non 4K content it looks like iTunes upgrades them if you use iTunes.

Yep. I bought Deadpool on Amazon when it first came out, and now I can stream it in 4K through Apple. Fantastical.
Doctoglethorpe
(10-12-2017, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Tertullian

Makes me a little nervous that I don't really understand how all this shit works together. If I own movies on UV/Vudu, and I link with Movies Anywhere, and then UV dies completely and Vudu shuts down entirely, will I still have my movies on Movies Anywhere?

And why's everyone talking about transferring to iTunes? Don't I just move everything to Movies Anywhere and use all their apps and shit? Is there a Movies Anywhere Roku app?

But this sounds very consumer friendly and the best of all possible worlds?

The movies transfer to both the MA app as well as the other connected services. So anything you bought on vudu will show up in iTunes. If vudu then dies, anything you had linked to iTunes should stay there permanently despite the loss of its original source, because transfers are just a one time free purchase basically, not an ongoing link that keeps checking the original purchase for confirmation every time you watch it.
Mark Andrew
(10-12-2017, 04:03 PM)
This is amazing. Iíve used an Apple TV for years so Iím used to paying a ton for a smaller library. The market for UV codes is much less expensive.
borghe
(10-12-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Michael F. Assbender

Yep. I bought Deadpool on Amazon when it first came out, and now I can stream it in 4K through Apple. Fantastical.

even better, for linking services you get LEGO Movie for free, which is also 4K Dolby on iTunes!

I mean really.. there is no downside here. Well aside from needing to actually BUY movies to make use of it.
Weevilone
(10-12-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Mark Andrew

This is amazing. Iíve used an Apple TV for years so Iím used to paying a ton for a smaller library. The market for UV codes is much less expensive.

The market for iTunes codes was way less expensive than UV prior to this. ITunes HD codes were like $2.
borghe
(10-12-2017, 04:06 PM)

oh shit, I never even thought that now I can actually redeem UV codes from all of my Blu-rays and FINALLY get them on iTunes, AND upgraded to 4K. SCORE!!
NealMcCauley
(10-12-2017, 04:06 PM)
Got everything linked except for vudu. I mostly only use that so it's interesting seeing the freebies I got on other services and forgot about. I bought an sd copy of Grosse Point Blanke on itunes back in 06.
True Fire
(10-12-2017, 04:07 PM)
Is Canada SOL? I just redeemed all of my blurays in Flixster the other day lol.
Mark Andrew
(10-12-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Weevilone

The market for iTunes codes was way less expensive than UV prior to this. ITunes HD codes were like $2.

Definitely the opposite of my experience. Just picked up a bunch of UV movies for a dollar or so each that were $7+ or simply nonexistent as iTunes codes.
giga
(10-12-2017, 04:08 PM)
Where do you guys buy UV or iTunes codes from? Does it matter which you get now since Movies Anywhere will transfer the movie to all other services freely?
Zulithe
(10-12-2017, 04:13 PM)
I'm seeing duplicates of some movies in iTunes now after linking everything. Weird.
Vyer
(10-12-2017, 04:17 PM)
So Vudu is the only one not working right now?
jwk94
(10-12-2017, 04:18 PM)
Does anyone have a link for the android app?
borghe
(10-12-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Zulithe

I'm seeing duplicates of some movies in iTunes now after linking everything. Weird.

yeah this is going to happen and there's no way around it. It's not an Apple problem but a studio licensing problem. Studios will effectively deprecate prior versions of movies as they release new versions/packaging. So for instance the director's cuts that I bought for Alien and Aliens appear nowhere on iTunes anymore (but still show up in Purchased and I can download them). If I were to buy the Aliens pack that is currently on the store, Alien and Aliens would show up twice. This actually happened somehow with the first Captain America movie.

It's annoying, but up to now has been super rare. I can see it becoming a little more common here. Ideally services eventually would allow you to hide movies(?)

Originally Posted by jwk94

Does anyone have a link for the android app?

to be correct, you don't actually NEED the app. Your movies should sync back to your provider of choice.
empyrean
(10-12-2017, 04:19 PM)
Wish the uk would get some of this
gcubed
(10-12-2017, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by peppermints

As 'permanently' as the service exists. ;)

I had the issue with iTunes saying it was 'Unable to connect' - I had added it last night, but I guess they reset everything because when I looked this morning everything else was unlinked on the MA side.

Had to go into the iTunes store and unlink MA and now it's good to go.

Really hope we get 4K upgrades on iTunes for things brought over from other services!

Oh, well, thatís not as good as I thought but at least itís a Disney venture, so itís not going to disappear
Curler
(10-12-2017, 04:21 PM)
Just gotta wait for VUDU now... Silly that you can only get 2 movies added in until you add a second service. Added Amazon in for the 2 movies I had in there, at least.
borghe
(10-12-2017, 04:22 PM)

Originally Posted by peppermints

this has already been verified. As long as you are entitled to the HD copy, you will get it upgraded to 4K on iTunes. The LEGO Movie they give you free as part of signing up is 4K Dolby Vision in iTunes.

in fact they'll even upgrade old SD digital copies to HD AND 4K on Apple. So my old Sherlock Holmes SD digital copy was updated to HD on all services, and 4K on apple.
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(10-12-2017, 04:25 PM)
They finally cleaned up the Disney Princess section.
i3allistic
(10-12-2017, 04:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Experien

Vudu won't connect so but so far so good.

Yep same here....but everything is golden especially with my Apple TV 4k...movies that wasnít 4k are updated on iTunes ...awesome
borghe
(10-12-2017, 04:29 PM)
yup just verified for sure. all old SD digital copies are automatically upgraded to HD (and 4K on apple). Every SD movie I had on apple was upgraded to HD and 4K when possible.
kennah
(10-12-2017, 04:34 PM)
My vudu still won't connect, guess I'll try it again later since I'm not the only one.
Zulithe
(10-12-2017, 04:35 PM)
vudu will supposedly be fixed within the next 4 hours. so try again later today and hope it works.

And yeah I get my 4K disc of Spider-Man homecoming very soon, will be interesting to see which services show the UHD version available after I redeem it.

I'm assuming all Disney Movies Anywhere codes are now just used on this new site for redemption. I'll know for sure soon, lol.
jwick
(10-12-2017, 04:37 PM)

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Yep same here....but everything is golden especially with my Apple TV 4k...movies that wasnít 4k are updated on iTunes ...awesome

It's been mentioned before but VUDU linking will be fixed by 10AM PST.
fenners
(10-12-2017, 04:37 PM)
What's the support for this on the Amazon FireTV?
Draconestra
(10-12-2017, 04:41 PM)
Guys, The Lego Batman movie is in sale at Amazon, it now transfers everywhere!
giga
(10-12-2017, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by fenners

What's the support for this on the Amazon FireTV?

Link your accounts and you should your movies from other services sync to your amazon video library. Don't think you even need the movies anywhere app to benefit from this.

Originally Posted by Draconestra

Guys, The Lego Batman movie is in sale at Amazon, it now transfers everywhere!

Bought it on amazon and it showed up within seconds in my iTunes library. Now I'm actually compelled to buy stuff from competing services and hopefully this increases competition even more.

fenners
(10-12-2017, 04:54 PM)

Link your accounts and you should your movies from other services sync to your amazon video library. Don't think you even need the movies anywhere app to benefit from this.

Oh that simple? Will check tonight!
//ARCANUM
(10-12-2017, 05:00 PM)
Hey, is Vudu just not connecting for everyone? I hit all the buttons, hit connect on vudu, then it just loads the main Vudu page and nothing connects.

edit - also, I guess it makes sense... but indie stuff isn't included in this huh? I have Super Dark Times on iTunes which was put out by The Orchard. I've connected my iTunes account and other things show up, but not Super Dark Times.
Draconestra
(10-12-2017, 05:00 PM)

Bought it on amazon and it showed up within seconds in my iTunes library. Now I'm actually compelled to buy stuff from competing services and hopefully this increases competition even more.

Exactly! Now if you happen to have an Apple TV 4K, then that movie ends up being the 4K versions.

The other benefit from this is that if you rely on your iTunes library like I do, you can download all of these movies and keep them so long as iTunes is in service. Even if this dies, as long as you have your download on your computer, youíll be able to watch all of these movies without any issues. No need to verify the account or anything (Unless itís a new computer or device).
aka_bueno
(10-12-2017, 05:02 PM)
Ok this is great! Just waiting on Vudu now. Anyone else have any deals going on now? Thanks for the LEGO Batman tip, bought asap
giga
(10-12-2017, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by //ARCANUM

Hey, is Vudu just not connecting for everyone? I hit all the buttons, hit connect on vudu, then it just loads the main Vudu page and nothing connects.

edit - also, I guess it makes sense... but indie stuff isn't included in this huh? I have Super Dark Times on iTunes which was put out by The Orchard. I've connected my iTunes account and other things show up, but not Super Dark Times.

Nope just these studios.

Rhomega Beta
(10-12-2017, 05:05 PM)
Connected my iTunes and Amazon accounts. Hugo and Dr. No didn't transfer.
Chesskid1
Banned
(10-12-2017, 05:07 PM)
do you guys claim the free tv shows (usually the 1st episodes of seasons) from itunes/vudu/etc that seem to rotate? just curious.
giga
(10-12-2017, 05:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Rhomega Beta

Connected my iTunes and Amazon accounts. Hugo and Dr. No didn't transfer.

Hugo is Paramount and Dr No is MGM.
Michael F. Assbender
(10-12-2017, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by borghe

this has already been verified. As long as you are entitled to the HD copy, you will get it upgraded to 4K on iTunes. The LEGO Movie they give you free as part of signing up is 4K Dolby Vision in iTunes.

in fact they'll even upgrade old SD digital copies to HD AND 4K on Apple. So my old Sherlock Holmes SD digital copy was updated to HD on all services, and 4K on apple.

Originally Posted by borghe

yup just verified for sure. all old SD digital copies are automatically upgraded to HD (and 4K on apple). Every SD movie I had on apple was upgraded to HD and 4K when possible.

Apple gets a lot of shit for closed ecosystems and proprietary tech, some of it deserved, and some not.

But they really killed it with how they handled their 4K launch, upgrading all of your purchases to 4K. And now with this service, any movie you own on Amazon or Google or VUDU can now stream thru Apple in 4K.

Thatís awesome as shit and they deserve some major props.
Mark Andrew
(10-12-2017, 05:09 PM)
Just FYI if you were concerned about getting free movies you donít want, iTunes has the option to hide purchases. Not sure about the other services.
NealMcCauley
Yeah Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't transfer. I thought since it's Lucasfilm it'd be okay but I guess it's still Paramount's turf.
dallow_bg
nods at old men

Just FYI if you were concerned about getting free movies you donít want, iTunes has the option to hide purchases. Not sure about the other services.

You can outright delete purchases on Vudu.
So be careful, haha.

EDIT: Actually to clarify, I think you'd need to delete the movie from your UV library.
So if the movie is UV, you'd do this over at the UV site.
FeenixRising
Banned
Great, I have the most digitial movies on Vudu but itís not connecting 🙃
DOWN
If I had already connected iTunes last night but it has since disconnected when they reset everything, what should I do? Just try again?

EDIT: when I try to connect now it says Unable to connect...
blast0rama
(10-12-2017, 05:13 PM)
From what I read, VUDU should go live at 10am Pacific.

This really is the absolute best. I am so incredibly excited.

As for a good site for UV codes, http://www.uvspider.com is pretty great, as it crawls a few dozen sites.