• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

FIREKNIGHT2029
(10-12-2017, 01:28 AM)

Originally Posted by The Ummah

louiedog
(10-12-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Discotheque

It is pervy but that woman herself came out to speak about it and how it was consensual and not unwarranted towards her

It's considerable different from the other cases he's being called out on

How can we be sure? If there's a big takeaway from all of this it's that these guys get away with it because women are afraid of what they'll lose by telling people their behavior isn't okay.
Replicant
There's a duck in the room
There's a duck i-OWWWW
(10-12-2017, 01:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Mass_Pincup

What are you even going on about?

You haven't said anything about Affleck and yet managed to complain alot about me. It's kind of the exact point I was making about people shifting the narrative away from the actual issue at hand.

So I'm asking again: what is your opinion on the thread tittle?

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Keanu is the only decent guy left

Hmm that reminds me how Keanu and Rachel McAddams quit "Passengers" which was produced by the Weinstein brothers.
J_Viper
(10-12-2017, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Keanu is the only decent guy left

Keanu
Zack Snyder
Viggo
Chris Evans
Quikies83
(10-12-2017, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Replicant

You haven't said anything about Affleck and yet managed to complain alot about me. It's kind of the exact point I was making about people shifting the narrative away from the actual issue at hand.

lol just read through this thread and it sure seems like you want the attention.
Listen to what others have said and consider taking a break from the keyboard.

And Ben Affleck sucks.
Professor Beef
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:32 AM)

Excuse YOU? No. I have NEVER done this to any woman. EVER. It helps that I'm gay but again, NO just NO. I'm sure there are straight men who have never done this either.

Fox Mulder
(10-12-2017, 01:33 AM)

Originally Posted by FIREKNIGHT2029

I can confirm this. Iíve had my butt grabbed and slapped by random women before. At the time I felt violated now I find it funny. Itís not excusable though. No one should be grabbed inappropriately without their consent regardless of their gender.

I had a female manager constantly squeeze my biceps. I didn't feel violated though.
Mass_Pincup
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:34 AM)

A lot?

I made one post.

As with most people I obviously think that what Ben Affleck did was bad.

There's no shifting of anything though, it's the same topic. Ben Affleck groped some, the other poster said that men are doing this everywhere (which is sadly true) and you took it like he meant every single men. That wasn't the case and this type of post is often a nitpick to downplay the prevalence of sexual harrasment.

Which is also the topic of the thread.
broncobuster
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:34 AM)

Originally Posted by louiedog

How can we be sure? If there's a big takeaway from all of this it's that these guys get away with it because women are afraid of what they'll lose by telling people their behavior isn't okay.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ontext-1047745

She goes into detail here, while also giving an anecdote about a run in with Harvey Weinstein.

Affleck's guilty about the other stuff, for sure. This isn't one of them. And in her own words,

I can't say I am thrilled to have that interview mixed in with the other stories because I don't think that is at all the same thing

So I feel it's best to respect her wishes.
Jag
(10-12-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by CitizenCope

If Donald Trump can be president he's certainly not done.

The hero we deserve.
SilentRob
(10-12-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Fox Mulder

I had a female manager constantly squeeze my biceps. I didn't feel violated though.

The tone-deafness of posting this in a thread were multiple women talk about being sexual harassed by a man in power is baffling.
louiedog
(10-12-2017, 01:36 AM)

Originally Posted by broncobuster

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ontext-1047745

She goes into detail here, while also giving an anecdote about a run in with Harvey Weinstein.

Affleck's guilty about the other stuff, for sure. This isn't one of them. And in her own words,

So I feel it's best to respect her wishes.

That's good then. Thanks.
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(10-12-2017, 01:37 AM)

So you were expecting this thread to just be a few hundred posts of "fuck Ben Affleck" and that's it? There's no discussion there. There is discussion on the point where you completely twisted a factual statement into being some kind of accusation of all men, and can't seem to own up to it. You want this back on track (whatever that is), own your error and calm down.
ElBoxyBrown
Banned

Originally Posted by J_Viper

Keanu
Zack Snyder
Viggo
Chris Evans

Snyder heavily fought for women to work on Wonder Woman. He may not look like it but he is one of the good ones, from what I've heard.
Gestahl

Originally Posted by SilentRob

The tone-deafness of posting this in a thread were multiple women talk about being sexual harassed by a man in power is baffling.

Why don't you actually read the post chain
Replicant
There's a duck i-OWWWW

Originally Posted by Quikies83

lol just read through this thread and it sure seems like you want the attention.

Originally Posted by MattKeil

So you were expecting this thread to just be a few hundred posts of "fuck Ben Affleck" and that's it? There's no discussion there. There is discussion on the point where you completely twisted a factual statement into being some kind of accusation of all men, and can't seem to own up to it. You want this back on track (whatever that is), own your error and calm down.

I'll tell you what. I'll leave this other detail about Ben Affleck and you can discuss it instead of talking about me:

Remember when Ben tried to cover-up about his slave-owning ancestors on PBS and the show got canceled?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.73ca57cd6fbf
WhatNXt
There are going to be a lot of celebrities who have grabbed tits and ass, or said incredibly pervy and inappropriate things. I'm not excusing any such behaviour, Affleck is right to apologise. There will probably even be people here, reading, who've done it. Lascivious behaviour is endemic beyond the world of celebrities. We shouldn't act like this behaviour is exclusive to Hollywood - you only have to go to any office party, or any city where people drink and party to the point of stupidity and you will see wanton unwanted advances, unwanted physical contact, and regrettable behaviour all round. Apps like Tinder and Snapchat have exposed young people to all kinds of grim social encounters and personal vice.

While I can understand anyone aggrieved by such behaviour, part of me does wonder if the media reaction to Weinstein is creating a hunger for such revealatory stories in the media that will just suck them towards the big name celebrities, and maybe serve to drown out stories of lesser knowns committing "predation that happens behind closed doors" as Matt Damon put it. Copping a feel isn't great, and Ben will have to bear some criticism for it, but I'd hesitate to label him as much of a monster as Weinstein - who has clearly fled the country to avoid justice. He's a man now being accused of rape and coersion that is way beyond inappropriate. I'd brace yourselves anyway, when the Jimmy Saville story broke over here in the UK, a lot of careers started tumbling like dominoes. People like Rolf Harris ended up in jail. There were some falsely accused too. If the Weinstein expose means that more people feel empowered to speak up, and more people answer for their crimes I'm all for it.
LegendofJoe
(10-12-2017, 01:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Puck Beaverton

Men everywhere do this. Everywhere.

I've never done it and my son never will either if I have any say in the matter. Don't make excuses for this behavior.
Kallor
(10-12-2017, 01:39 AM)
Wtf is wrong with these clowns. :/
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(10-12-2017, 01:39 AM)

I'll tell you what. I'll leave this other detail about Ben Affleck and you can discuss it instead of talking about me:

Remember when Ben tried to cover-up about his slave-owning ancestors on PBS and the show got canceled?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.73ca57cd6fbf

You're really bad at this. Do you at least understand that this all spun out of you reading someone's words wrong and blowing up at them for no reason? You are not really the one who should be self-righteous about the misunderstanding here.

Originally Posted by LegendofJoe

I've never done it and my son never will either if I have any say in the matter. Don't make excuses for this behavior.

Another one? Really? How in the world can you read this as an excuse? The poster is trying to impress up on people that this is not limited to the entertainment industry, and that every woman deals with it. It's a widespread universal societal problem, not a Hollywood problem.
FIREKNIGHT2029
(10-12-2017, 01:40 AM)

Well butts are a bit more private than biceps Iíd say 😳. I wouldnít have batted an eye if these ladies had squeezed my biceps instead.
Replicant
There's a duck i-OWWWW
(10-12-2017, 01:41 AM)

You're really bad at this. Do you at least understand that this all spun out of you reading someone's words wrong and blowing up at them for no reason? You are not really the one who should be self-righteous about the misunderstanding here.

I said it before that my understanding of that sentence is that he was trying to absolve Ben by saying that all men does it. I don't take that back. I don't think that wasn't what he was trying to do.

Seriously? How dumb do you think people are? Of course this happens in other industry. People know that. That is why my first understanding of his word wasn't that but him trying to absolve Ben.
shaneo632
I imagine Affleck will blame it on his substance issues if this story has legs leading up to JL's release.
Sunster

omg we are still quoting this verifiably correct post? read it again, nowhere does it say all men. it says men everywhere. that is without a shadow of a doubt true.
Shadow Puppetry

Everywhere, not every men.
Puck Beaverton
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:42 AM)

Originally Posted by WhatNXt

There are going to be a lot of celebrities who have grabbed tits and ass, or said incredibly pervy and inappropriate things. I'm not excusing any such behaviour, Affleck is right to apologise. There will probably even be people here, reading, who've done it. Lascivious behaviour is endemic beyond the world of celebrities. We shouldn't act like this behaviour is exclusive to Hollywood - you only have to go to any office party, or any city where people drink and party to the point of stupidity and you will see wanton unwanted advances, unwanted physical contact, and regrettable behaviour all round. Apps like Tinder and Snapchat have exposed young people to all kinds of grim social encounters and personal vice.

essentially my thoughts

still don't understand how people took my post as defending or deflecting for affleck
Quikies83

"everywhere" isn't "every man".
besada
Banned
This thread has derailed into a stupid cul-de-sac of people misreading each other and arguing about it. Stop or I'll toss all sides.
Chained Prometheus
(10-12-2017, 01:43 AM)
Another report, following up on the one of Affleck grabbing Annamarie Tendler's ass at the Golden Globe 2014 party.

Originally Posted by Jen Statsky

I was also at this party and *multiple* friends had this same exact experience.

https://twitter.com/jenstatsky/statu...14432248840192

This is going to snowball big time over the next couple of days, isn't it?
Quikies83
(10-12-2017, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Chained Prometheus

Another report, following up on the one of Affleck grabbing Annamarie Tendler's ass at the Golden Globe 2014 party.

Ugh...
Yup - I believe so, on the snowball.
Zaphrynn
(10-12-2017, 01:44 AM)
Sorry didn't see the mod post
Puck Beaverton
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:45 AM)

I blame alcohol and general douchery
aliengmr
(10-12-2017, 01:45 AM)
Edit: read mod post.
Donthizz#
(10-12-2017, 01:46 AM)
wtf man
M.J. Doja
Banned

Originally Posted by Puck Beaverton

I blame alcohol and general douchery

That's just par for the course for most men though, so we really can't excuse the boy's club mentality.
moltonasty
I don't think what he did is OK, because that type of behavior is never ok. But why the sudden outrage when it happened over a decade ago? It's not like this is some bombshell news story either, it was televised for everyone to see. Yet people are acting like this is comparable to Weinsten, somebody who serially raped many women over a 20 year period? Again what he did is NOT OK but I feel the outrage is a bit overblown.
Sunster
(10-12-2017, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by moltonasty

I don't think what he did is OK, because that type of behavior is never ok. But why the sudden outrage when it happened over a decade ago? It's not like this is some bombshell news story either, it was televised for everyone to see. Yet people are acting like this is comparable to Weinsten, somebody who serially raped many women over a 20 year period? Again what he did is NOT OK but I feel the outrage is a bit overblown.

it's about bringing light to sexual abuse in Hollywood
Random Human
They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
(10-12-2017, 01:47 AM)

Based on how quickly this is happening, almost certainly yes.
Carcetti
(10-12-2017, 01:48 AM)

Wonder if you'd felt violated if you'd been raped by Harvey Weinstein?
jmdajr
(10-12-2017, 01:48 AM)
Men were a mistake
ItIsOkBro
(10-12-2017, 01:49 AM)

so this guy ben affleck just goes around groping multiple women at a party? i actually don't think this will blow over.
Zaphrynn

I don't think people are comparing it, but it's connected to a larger problem in Hollywood. Nobody cared then because people cared less about sexual assault.

His victim chose to speak up because she was actually going to be heard this time, thanks to so many names being attached. Good for her.
Mass_Pincup
Banned

I mean, the fact that he made that post about Weinstein when even he isn't beyond reproach is a pretty hypocritical thing.
Lightning_Roller
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:51 AM)

It's going to, no doubt about it. Ben is screwed and I'm glad he is. Fuck him.
norm9
(10-12-2017, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro

so this guy ben affleck just goes around groping multiple women at a party? i actually don't think this will blow over.

This might make the eventual "I'm going to sex rehab" statement more valid in some people's eyes.
Shaanyboi
Banned
(10-12-2017, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

Snyder heavily fought for women to work on Wonder Woman. He may not look like it but he is one of the good ones, from what I've heard.

Yup. Say what you will about his work, the dude has yet to make himself look like a complete scumbag
TissueBox
(10-12-2017, 01:52 AM)
Now the question is, will he be forgiven, who by, and what measures will he take moving forward.
Wingfan19
(10-12-2017, 01:53 AM)

Him personally or other men at the party that did the same thing?
Salty Rice
(10-12-2017, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by jmdajr

Men were a mistake

Humans
LegendofJoe
(10-12-2017, 01:55 AM)

Another one? Really? How in the world can you read this as an excuse? The poster is trying to impress up on people that this is not limited to the entertainment industry, and that every woman deals with it. It's a widespread universal societal problem, not a Hollywood problem.

Yes, another one. Hollywood's problem with sexual exploitation is what we're discussing here. It's current news, we're not discussing other industries. Only a naive fool would think that this behavior is isolated to Hollywood. Spreading the blame across society is a deflection to absolve Hollywood from blame.