• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne Thread

Anube

Alright, let's try and gather all of the GA people that plays on BNet. List your BNet name, game and race preferences and maybe we could start up a game sometime.

BNet Name: RyudHayabusa
Game Type: 3v3
Race: Human

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Colonel_Lingus
Game Type: 4vs4
Race: RANDOM!
Azeroth

teh_pwn

Damn all you guys are West.

I'm going to hit up battle.net today and get back to lvl 20 like I was a year ago. Damn account decays....

Chony

BNet Name: thechonin
Game Type: any team type
Race: Night Elf
Gateway: US West
Game: Frozen Throne or Original

teh_pwn said:
I'm going to hit up battle.net today and get back to lvl 20 like I was a year ago. Damn account decays....

They reset the ladders about a week ago - you retain all your icons and race wins/losses, but everyone got put down to Level 0/no level. It's easier to level up this time though, I recall seeing someone work out that instead of Level 11 being the level everyone hovers at, a lot of/most regular players will stay around Level 25.

New ladder gets reset every three months.

Kefkaff

Banned
AH! Damn, I knew I should've checked this form for a WC3 thread:::

Name: Pongmo
Gateway: USEast
Race: Human(some Orc)
Gametype: 4v4 RT, AT
Level: 17
BNet Profile: Pongmo

teh_pwn

Meh, I tried.

Only bumped up to lvl 13. 3 lvls in one day isn't too bad I guess.

So how do we start a GA clan? And is all my precious lvling going to waste (do I have to make a new nicK?)

ManaByte

Gold Member
All clan members need to be on the same realm, other than that it's easy but we need 10 people to create the clan. I can create it this weekend on Lordaeron (US West) if we want a clan.

Anube

yeah, it totally sucks that they resetted the levels. i was at level 29 at the time. now i'm working my way back up, currently at 15. :)

Kefkaff

Banned
give me a time and channel to be on West :p

I remember we created a clan backl when TFT first came out, but it disbanded a few months later because the Cheiftain was never on :(

teh_pwn

w00t, got to lvl 15 and going strong (65% wins).

teh_pwn

I'm done for today. Won a bunch but just lost the last one. Night elves can do shit against necros now. Faeries are weaker, and wisp detonate does almost nothing on their MP.

Hey, Kefkaff, you've been whispering to me for the past 2 hours. How does that work? I honestly don't know how to reply or if everything I'm sending is going to you too.

Kefkaff

Banned
/w Pongmo lol hi2u

then I'd type:

/r lol hi2u d00d

or

/f m hey noobies :D

/w is your basic whisper
/r is reply. So it replies to the last person that whispered you
/f m sends a message to your friends list

I didn't get any whipsers from you :(

teh_pwn

Don't you hate it when you lose with the highest score. All my allies called me a noob because they could wait 2 minutes for my chims.

All of them left, and I managed to kill 3/4 of the other guys bases.

I think the clan should be called GAGE or gAGE (I think you're allowed up to 4 characters in the clan tag), with the full name being Gaming-Age of course.

Thoughts?

Let's try to at least get a game going tonight on West, as I need something to distract me from Diablo II. What's a good time to meet in channel GAF?

teh_pwn

I might play tonight on East. But I'm hella tired and I don't want to ruin my record.

Kefkaff

Banned
I've been at a friends house for the past few days so thats why I haven't been on. I'm going back later tonight, so if you're up for a game then, then let's do it :-D. I have no idea when I'm going home though

Just depends if we can get enough people together to form it and keep it active. We need to set up a meeting time in order to get anything done, though.

Kefkaff

Banned
Damn bastard, you're ranked higher then me :(!

/me goes off to play :p

weird, you and I have never been in the same together :(

Bump..

Come on people, are we making this clan or not?

Everyone add everyone listed here onto their friends lists so we can at least get some talk going on BNet.

Like I said, I'm pretty much available to form it whenever everybody else is. Is there a certain time of day/night we should do it? I figure most people will be free in the evening, so maybe 7ish Pacific? Let's try to do it before Thursday, though, as I'll be leaving for Oregon for a week.

Kefkaff

Banned
:-o

Whenever you want guys. I'm already in a clan on East, but the clans being made on west, so whatever. Although, I will hardly play on West, unless we schedule some AT action.

Man.. going to my friends place for a few days last week fucked up my RT rank. ;[

explodet

So I've been playing a few games of Frozen Throne 4v4 on East - started with Night Elves (12th level), decided to switch to random. My thoughts:

I've been out of playing online games in a long while with random people - my last was Team Fortress Classic and Ultima Online years and years ago - and I have never been called a noob more times in my life. I've also repeatedly been colorfully described as another n-word (which my extreme-PC upbringing will not allow me to type).
There are a lot of angry people out there.

I once was on a team with two backstabbers. What are the odds of that?

I suck suck suck at the Undead. Suck as humans too, but not so much.

teh_pwn

I thought Blizzard started banning for team killing.

No race sucks. Although I do have a much smaller win ratio with orc.

As for humans, I like going archmage and foots with defend. Creep like hell with elemental and sometimes expand fast. Paladin as a 2nd hero is good stuff.

Undead can be good. I can expand with them on some maps so freakin fast. Just get the beetle hero with impale, 5 ghouls, impale all the creep on the mine twice, and expand.

Ghouls suck for rushing. I always like getting 4 ghouls on wood and going fiends. Keep fiends away from archers and focus them on stuff like hunts at rush because hunts die from piercing fast and archers only take 35% damage from piercing.

Ghouls rock for rushing if you've got the Dreadlord with Vampiric Aura (the aura that gives a certain % of attack damage back to the Ghoul as HP).

How about someone makes a date and time, and tells us what timezone etc., so we can work out when it'll be in all our locales, so we can finally make this freakin clan.

I can't make the time since I'm not in the USA and most of you are, so I wouldn't know what time is suitable for any of you.

Kefkaff

Banned
uuuh...

1) Dreadlord w/ Sleep > Dreadlord w/ Aura. Sleep+Surround is so much better, plus it makes you look gosu :p

2) Paladin should NEVER be used. AM/MK is the essential human combo.

3) Deathknight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crypt Lord.

4) Never get defend.. footies are useless. PERIOD. Well, you can use them for creeping, but other then that, don't get them.

The only map that has a really good way to fast expand is Blasted Lands.

oh, and if we're ever gonna make a clan, any time AFTER 11:30 PM EST is good for me, OR BEFORE 2:30 PM EST I work 3-11 :-\

teh_pwn

Paladin worthless? Knights + Level 3 Devotion Aura + Inner fire = awesomeness (21 Armor I think). Then you can raise 5 fallen knights with his lvl 6 special.

In 4vs4 especially. You're surrounded by like 150 ally units. All get a boost in armor by 5.

I can't stand mountain king. He's microed too often, like the demon hunter. At least with blade master you can shadow and warden can warp. But mk and the demon hunter require constant attention or they'll be killed quick. Paladin can just make himself invincible and keep hammering away.

Footies are good for rushing. I've won many a game because I've seen that 3 or 4 of the enemy are night elves. Archers get raped by footies with defend. Fiends do too.

Top Bottom