• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005 GAF Online League Xbox

DMczaf

Ok, they are confirmed. Free online leagues with Madden 2005. Sign up time!

Post your XBL tag and the team you want, but some teams are already taken

1. DMczaf - Buccaneers

2. FMT - 49ers

3. Konex - Broncos

4. Ramirez - Steelers

5. Fifty - Ravens

6. CK - Giants

7. MrBob - Bears

8. Matrix - Texans

9. Drey1082 - Vikings

10. Musashi Wins! (caninusrule) - Lions

11. Maverick (Militant Black) - Patriots

12. Malleymal - Rams

13. Cubanb - Redskins

14. Bog - Dolphins

15. Cerebral Palsy - Chiefs

16. Guileless (YelloPeril) - Saints

17. Slo (SloForce) - Colts

18. Gunstar - Eagles

Fifty

I just want to say that if we have a full 30+ man league, I really don't think that it will work. People either won't sign in, or they'll forget about it. I just warn you ahead of time..

Oh, and of course.... Che Guevara- Ray Lewis and the magnificant Ravens.

hgplayer1

a snippet from that article.....

"Chip Lange, the head of the EA Sports Nation, broke down for IGN Sports how the new online system for Madden is going to work: "We call it the EA Sports Premium Pass. It's a set of premium online features for the user that put our online feature suite head and shoulders above everybody else," he said. "First of all, it works........."

OH NO HE DIDNT!!!!!

DMczaf

hgplayer1 said:
a snippet from that article.....

"Chip Lange, the head of the EA Sports Nation, broke down for IGN Sports how the new online system for Madden is going to work: "We call it the EA Sports Premium Pass. It's a set of premium online features for the user that put our online feature suite head and shoulders above everybody else," he said. "First of all, it works........."

OH NO HE DIDNT!!!!!

owned lol

hgplayer1

from reading that article I dont get the impression that they have leagues ready at this very moment. it said hopefully they will be up and running by the time the NFL season starts.

no living rosters. no trades but the rosters will update with the regular roster updates. will they be able to incorporate trades and such into this years version or will we have to wait until next year?

if this works out EA is definitely gonna charge next year. they better make it worth it.

DMczaf

from reading that article I dont get the impression that they have leagues ready at this very moment. it said hopefully they will be up and running by the time the NFL season starts.

Nathan posted on MaddenMania saying they begin August 12th, I guess IGN got a little mixed up

hgplayer1

well it wasnt IGN that said it. supposedly it was from Chip Lange, "the head of the EA sports nation".

"Probably the biggest feature that everybody is waiting for is leagues. Those are coming. We're testing them right now. We don't want to launch these unless they work. These are going to be ready to go this Fall, around the start of the NFL season"

Fifty

Damn, that sucks. I suppose it's better than launching them and finding out they don't work. The tournaments should be live as soon as it launches, I figure.

DMczaf

hgplayer1 said:
well it wasnt IGN that said it. supposedly it was from Chip Lange, "the head of the EA sports nation".

"Probably the biggest feature that everybody is waiting for is leagues. Those are coming. We're testing them right now. We don't want to launch these unless they work. These are going to be ready to go this Fall, around the start of the NFL season"

Well this is what he said in response to a post

Originally Posted by Zuludude
Damn.

1 free year. That is what I'm talking about. So if we don't like it no loss. And they are gonna launch around September 12th.

Nice

We launch Aug 12th...not Sept 12th.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WOW>.... I am in.... damn , this sucks... HAHAAHAHAH

I want the Chiefs..... if CP isnt in the league... if he isnt .. than I will take the Rams

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Woot I have a feeling I wont win one game :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I call dibs on the Giants NOW AND FOREVER MORE. I would be up to letting someone else use them if they can beat me head to head in a Giants v. Giants game. ;)

cubanb

Banned
ill be getting both versions now, so I will take the vikings.
i dont have a xbl tag yet, but I will be getting xbox and ps2 versions

cubanb takes the vikings

Ramirez

Well I guess I shouldn't say anything,but I love how good players (names will be kept secret :p) want the best team in the game,haha. :p

Maverick

Bog, you ready?

Fifty- I was going to be the Falcons, one of the lower rated teams in the ESPN league, but then we did a new one with less people, so I took the Pats because I can't stand how the Falcons offense plays (too cheesy for my tastes).

Hell, I wish I could be the Steelers but Ramirez always takes them. :(

Maverick

_1786102_hines_ward300.jpg

ward001.jpg

spt01b.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've only been a Giants fan since the draft. I live in NFL no man's land, about 5 hours away from the Titans, Saints, and Falcons. But we always got Saints games on TV, plus Archie played there, so they're my team.

Honestly though I renounced them back in the Ditka years, but drafting Deuce and trading a certain flaky RB brought me back. However I renounced them again when they missed that extra point after the miracle kickoff return against the Jags. I swear only the Saints could do that.

Fifty

Damn, it sucks that this won't track player stats. I'll really miss that feature. This is basically an extended tournament without injuries, player stats.. Still better than no leagues, but a shame nonetheless.

Fifty

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9051

Guys,

Today was an extremely busy day for me (still is going on) and I just read Wayngo's IM too fast. Stats will be track for each league game played but you won't get the individual football player stats you used to get in the PC game.

I know we won't have "living" or daily rosters but we will have regular updates.

I will get a better definition of what exactly we will be offering in the near future.

Trust me...once you see these, you will be pleasently surprised. It is going to take most of the work out of running leagues and make finding and keeping your league together much easier. No more having to input stuff.

Fifty

I'm thinking that it means we'll only have the kind of stats that save to your career profile. Like PPG, Points against, points scored, total yardage..

Ramirez

Ah,well no big deal really...

I hope they have divisions and the right playoff system at least,that means alot more to me then stats anyways :p

DMczaf

I updated the list

Remember guys, Madden online leagues wont start til the beginning of the season which is in a few weeks. If you want to play in our Madden tournaments til then, go sign up!

Top Bottom