• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. to Recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital

Dunki

Not sure if serious.gif.

Going for the radical Islam I am sure it is. Like Erdogan for example encouraging Muslims in Germany to have many more children so the Islam can spread wider and wieder. And no this is not a joke.

But again we also need to differentiate between the radical site which has grown in a very big way the last 30 years. and the sadly much smaller portion of moderate/normal Muslims.

Ashes

Banned
Going for the radical Islam I am sure it is. Like Erdogan for example encouraging Muslims in Germany to have many more children so the Islam can spread wider and wieder. And no this is not a joke.

But again we also need to differentiate between the radical site which has grown in a very big way the last 30 years. and the sadly much smaller portion of moderate/normal Muslims.

If this is true, why does the religion's own doctrine forsee its own demise?

Dunki

If this is true, why does the religion's own doctrine forsee its own demise?

I think its a thing for every religion. And also I think it has something to do with the messiah being reborn afterwards. But the Erdogan part is really no joke. He is fucking crazy and dangerous

Dunki

Aye. I agree.

The same can be said of Trump. And he has access to nuclear codes.

Personally I think Trump is just a stupid child who follows no Plan. Erdogan is not stupid and he follows a plan to a certain goal called caliphate.

Ashes

Banned
Personally I think Trump is just a stupid child who follows no Plan. Erdogan is not stupid and he follows a plan to a certain goal called caliphate.

One of them is definitely vastly more dangerous than the other. And you seem to hyper-inflate one and deflate the other. Does nuclear war with Korea not register as a serious threat to you? But I digress.

Seems like the US is so blinded by Muslim and Islamaphobic sentiments, they forgot the Christian Palestinians in the equation. And they're not very happy shall we say.

Dunki

One of them is definitely vastly more dangerous than the other. And you seem to hyper-inflate one and deflate the other. Does nuclear war with Korea not register as a serious threat to you? But I digress.

Seems like the US is so blinded by Muslim and Islamaphobic sentiments, they forgot the Christian Palestinians in the equation. And they're not very happy shall we say.

Honestly? No not really but mostly also because even if it would not affect me that much since I am not American. Also I firmly believe if this is going to start it will be on Kims side since Trump still has people around him who would stop him doing something really stupid. Either you end it now with a combined effort against North Korea in a millitary way because there will be no other solution to this. Or you just ignore this and then be "shocked" when Kim really does something.and its too late.

With Erdogan it will affect me directly since I live in a Country with many turkish people who are also pro Erdogan and also played a huge role in the elections back then. As a European I am far more scared of Erdogan. Also I belive if there will be a WW3 it will be initiated by the radical Islam which I think is the most dangerous threat on our Earth today.

KiLLaDeZo

Honestly? No not really but mostly also because even if it would not affect me that much since I am not American. Also I firmly believe if this is going to start it will be on Kims side since Trump still has people around him who would stop him doing something really stupid. Either you end it now with a combined effort against North Korea in a millitary way because there will be no other solution to this. Or you just ignore this and then be "shocked" when Kim really does something.and its too late.

With Erdogan it will affect me directly since I live in a Country with many turkish people who are also pro Erdogan and also played a huge role in the elections back then. As a European I am far more scared of Erdogan. Also I belive if there will be a WW3 it will be initiated by the radical Islam which I think is the most dangerous threat on our Earth today.
You live in a weird bubble mate, certainly not in the same europe as me or anyome I know. I have friends from all backgrounds, which includes alot of muslims. I can confirm non of them are "radicalised" and they certainly dont know any either. Stop trying to spread fear with your nonsense and go read a book pal!

Airola

You live in a weird bubble mate, certainly not in the same europe as me or anyome I know. I have friends from all backgrounds, which includes alot of muslims. I can confirm non of them are "radicalised" and they certainly dont know any either. Stop trying to spread fear with your nonsense and go read a book pal!

"The most significant terrorist threat in Finland is still posed by individual actors or small groups motivated by radical Islamist propaganda or terrorist organisations encouraging them."
https://www.supo.fi/counterterrorism/terrorism_threat_assessment

This is official statement of The Finnish Security Intelligence Service. It's not right wing propaganda.

And we are talking about Finland of all countries. And this was before the first radical islamist terror attack happened here last August.

If this is the state of Finland right now, I can't imagine how it's in bigger countries and countries close to Middle East.

Pomerlaw

"The most significant terrorist threat in Finland is still posed by individual actors or small groups motivated by radical Islamist propaganda or terrorist organisations encouraging them."
https://www.supo.fi/counterterrorism/terrorism_threat_assessment

This is official statement of The Finnish Security Intelligence Service. It's not right wing propaganda.

And we are talking about Finland of all countries. And this was before the first radical islamist terror attack happened here last August.

If this is the state of Finland right now, I can't imagine how it's in bigger countries and countries close to Middle East.

The main danger is that those extremists bring about mass hysteria and populist politicians. If humans fall for fear & propaganda and start hating other groups because of a few dangerous indifividuals, then yes we could have a big war, or civil wars, loss of liberties, and camps.

Airola

The main danger is that those extremists bring about mass hysteria and populist politicians. If humans fall for fear & propaganda and start hating other groups because of a few dangerous indifividuals, then yes we could have a big war, or civil wars, loss of liberties, and camps.

You can say the same thing to all those who are interested in joining or supporting terrorist groups. They are the first ones in that path to potential conflict who are falling into any sort of fear and propaganda.

What you said sounds like you are ready to put the blame mainly on "our" side rather than on terrorists if something worse than what has happened happens.

Sometimes fear is very healthy and even needed. Fear is an important emotion. Without that we wouldn't have evolved the way we have.

I often feel though that whenever a terrorist attack happens or information like what I just gave is shared and people counter it with their "don't give in to fear" type of one-liners, it's almost as if they are the ones who are giving in to fear. They fear these populist politicians and "right wing" people so much that they are ready to become sort of apologists to terrorists.

Why are the people who are afraid of terrorists the only ones who should not give in to fear? The terrorists themselves do that all the time. And others are afraid that there are nazis everywhere.

At first people claimed that there are no terrorists coming along with the refugees. Then they claimed we know every refugee that comes in, that we know their identity. Then they said nothing will happen in Europe. Then they said nothing will happen in Finland. And if you say otherwise you are either a racist or a fearmongerer, and part of the real danger.

Those were the exact claims that were said in Finland.

And now we've seen the first attack in Finland which was among one of many that have happened in Europe. And now the officials say that there actually are refugees we have no idea who they are, and often we have no idea where they are, because they have no IDs and they go underground. And now even the terrorist researcher who claimed in 2015 that there are absolutely no signs of any terrorist coming among the refugees has said after the attack in Finland that no-one can say this was a surprise and we know the attacker was an asylum seeker.

So basically the people who were afraid something like that could happen even in Finland were right all along but they were shut down by people who called them racists and fearmongerers. And it seems the same circle goes on and on.

I mean, there has to be some space in between "deport every single refugee" and "nothing is wrong with the refugee system." It's not as if you have to be one side or another. It's not as if criticizing the system makes you automatically a nazi or a refugee hater.

I would even say that the rise of populist politicians hasn't happened only because people are afraid, but also because of people who dismiss their concerns and at worst even lie to hold on to their political beliefs.

By the way, how should the Palestinians react? Which side should now be the ones who should not give in to fear? Should the Israelis not be afraid of the possible Palestinian attacks, should the Palestinians not be afraid of Israel? Should the Swedish Jews not be afraid of those who tried to burn the Swedish synagogue? Should those who tried to burn the Swedish synagogue not be afraid of Jerusalem being Israel's capital? Who are the ones whose fear is irrational?

I mean, fear goes in many directions and it's frustrating to try to understand the situation when people seem to claim fear is the problem and somehow not being afraid would be the key to solving the problem.

I don't mean any ill will towards you with this gigantic reply, but I just would've wished the reply would've been more about what this means for the terrorists instead of replying with something that tries to shift the responsibility to everyone else than the terrorists.

Pomerlaw

You can say the same thing to all those who are interested in joining or supporting terrorist groups. They are the first ones in that path to potential conflict who are falling into any sort of fear and propaganda.

What you said sounds like you are ready to put the blame mainly on "our" side rather than on terrorists if something worse than what has happened happens.

Sometimes fear is very healthy and even needed. Fear is an important emotion. Without that we wouldn't have evolved the way we have.

Fear of the stranger is inside everyone's brain and has been for millenias. Children naturally fear strangers because it has been an evolutionary advantage. So yes it was usefull to survive back then. Now it is stuck inside us like a demon, ready to get out - and can bring whole nations to hate another group enough to engage in war or massacre.

I would go into more details but you can check out Carl Jung's "shadow" complex to learn more about it.

I'm not blaming anyone. What I'm saying is panic and paranoia is not a solution, it will only make things way worse.

Top Bottom