• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's the deal with avatars?

Ecrofirt

Pictures stopped working for me on mobile with Chrome's data saver turned on. Happened after the site can't back to life.

Thought I was going crazy for a while.

Stopdoor

They're not. Check your preferences. DesktopGAF prefs will top MobileGAF prefs.

Actually, not sure if I can even access that anymore. I click the "welcome" dropdown and it seems broken, just takes me to my profile (where I have weird options like I can choose to take myself off my contacts and ignore list? Something's screwy).

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
There has been issues with them showing off and on over the past couple of weeks or so. There are a lot of changes happening behind the scenes at the moment and in my completely not having a clue at all about the technicalities of the issue, it's apparently a cache issue on our side.

I'll make sure that the people "in the know" are aware of this thread but all I can really do myself is to apologise and ask you all to be patient just a little bit longer with the avatars as I'm sure people will be pleased when the changes go live.

Thank you. 😊

Top Bottom