• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

Jombie

I'm excited about the Vanderbilt game for the first time in years. Of course I hope Alabama blanks them but after that I hope they win the East.

It'll be an interesting matchup. It'll either be the game where Alabama wakes up or it'll be a grind.

andycapps

Lol

dTe9pnt.gif

Rvaan

Banned
The fact that I can almost make it through the sentence "Rutgers could beat Nebraska in Lincoln." with out laughing is a real problem for Nebraska. Mike Riley would have to go into witness protection if he loses to Rutgers this week.

Rvaan

Banned
Dabo winning back to back Nat'l titles over Saban would be glorious. He would become Dabo Sweeney the Saban Slayer because Saban would work himself to death to ensure that didn't happen a 3rd time.

Clemson looks amazing. inb4 they Clemson it.

You know you put on a shitshow last week when you only come out a 4 point favorite when playing Kentucky this week. Puke.

UNC beats Duke this weekend; don't trust their W/L. They've looked like a better team on the field than they what their results show. #qualitylosses

Meanwhile, do I trust Miss State when traveling? Is UGA back? Will Uga finally get that bite out of an Auburn player's hand this year?

Clemson looks amazing. inb4 they Clemson it.

You know you put on a shitshow last week when you only come out a 4 point favorite when playing Kentucky this week. Puke.

UNC beats Duke this weekend; don't trust their W/L. They've looked like a better team on the field than they what their results show. #qualitylosses

Meanwhile, do I trust Miss State when traveling? Is UGA back? Will Uga finally get that bite out of an Auburn player's hand this year?

Yep Clemsoning

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xJ4dn62RVmvcSQ/giphy.gif

Sulik2

I'd be down for a third straight bama/Clemson national title game. The last two have been amazing. Michigan needs to finally beats Ohio State this year with how weak OSU has looked. Sad lineup of games this week. Going to have to wacth the usc/Cal game though.

jjasper

Accurate.

Go Gators.

Actual quotes:
We would we have liked to have run it on second down, absolutely, the plan was to get under center and do QB sneak outside, but then Quinten tweaks his knee," Jones said, referring to a low hit the Vols QB took as he delivered an incomplete first down pass. ”We didn't think it was fair to Jarrett to ask him to go in there and take the snap under center .... so there's a lot of nuances that occurred.

Didn't think it was fair for your back up QB who was supposedly in the running to be the starter all summer and was rated as the best DT QB in his class to do what every other QB in the world whether they are 8 years old or 3 string on the practice squad of some division 3 school can do why is that?

"Jarrett hadn't practiced snaps under center, that's why we didn't call a QB sneak"

oh ok makes sense.............I guess

6_5209445.jpg

tennessee-fan-reacts-to-fumble-against-georgia.gif

Pick 'em stuff

Last week's results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktcDh10qYDKNKvo6EVEPvay-TXnmJ7lD7CZAGd6FloI/edit?usp=sharing

Score to date, dropping the 2 lowest:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

Week 4 games:
NCST@FSU
TTU@HOU
TAMU@ARK
USC@CAL
TCU@OKST
RUT@NEB
DUKE@UNC
M-OH@CMU
MSST@UGA
SDSU@AFA
PSU@IOWA
WASH@COLO

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/42Iy8weoaGr7szf83

Is subtotal column current leaderboard?

Rvaan

Banned
Actual quotes:

Didn't think it was fair for your back up QB who was supposedly in the running to be the starter all summer and was rated as the best DT QB in his class to do what every other QB in the world whether they are 8 years old or 3 string on the practice squad of some division 3 school can do why is that?

oh ok makes sense.............I guess

6_5209445.jpg

tennessee-fan-reacts-to-fumble-against-georgia.gif

Butch is either incompetent or actively trying to be fired by TENN. I can't decide which one I want to go with.

Pick 'em stuff

Last week's results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktcDh10qYDKNKvo6EVEPvay-TXnmJ7lD7CZAGd6FloI/edit?usp=sharing

Score to date, dropping the 2 lowest:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

Week 4 games:
NCST@FSU
TTU@HOU
TAMU@ARK
USC@CAL
TCU@OKST
RUT@NEB
DUKE@UNC
M-OH@CMU
MSST@UGA
SDSU@AFA
PSU@IOWA
WASH@COLO

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/42Iy8weoaGr7szf83

I like how you called FSU "Florida" in the pickem lol

Got some amazing seats for Maryland game this weekend; going with a buddy of mine who is an alum and his dad. Going to be perfect weather (85 degrees with a few clouds). Pops is designated driver so we're planning to get there like noon or so and get fucking blasted.

Funnily enough, I started watching Terps football about a year before my eventual Alma Mater (Florida) after moving to suburban MD in 1998. So, in some ways, they are my "first" college football team and got me into the sport.

Love that Durkin is there now. Wasn't sure about his long-term prospects at first but the program is clearly improving. Just need some recruits on the defensive side.

Purdue kept it close with Louisville and demolished Missouri on the road---Michigan's first true road game also....
I'm taking the spoilermakers in an upset surprise this week.

I don't think keeping pace (and STILL losing) with Louisville means what you guys think it means this year.

They're not a good football team. Neither is Auburn for that matter, which is the only reason I'm still skeptical about Clemson (being worthy of #1, they're clearly top 3 at worst).

It'll be an interesting matchup. It'll either be the game where Alabama wakes up or it'll be a grind.

Vandy struggled to score 14 against Kansas State. Our offense is humming. I'm not seeing a grind here, especially since we've been playing without 4 of our top 5 linebackers, and look to get 2 or 3 back this week (but, yeah, Vandy should still be ranked).

Karl2177

Is subtotal column current leaderboard?
Subtotal is the total of all of your points. Score shows what your score is with the 2 lowest weeks dropped. So when the end of the season rolls around, whoever has the highest in the Score column gets to name the bowl thread.
I like how you called FSU "Florida" in the pickem lol
Wellllll, that's a fuckup. I changed it on the form and edited the responses for those that picked Florida State.

Lunar15

I'm not sure how much alcohol it's going to take to get through the Kentucky game on Saturday.

I should probably just take a shot every time there's a punt.

Franklin is basically a perfect match for Penn State.

Probably the second-worst person currently coaching in CFB after Brian Kelly.

Well we know that Brian Kelly indirectly lead to the deaths of at least 2 people.

Urban Meyer allowed Aaron Hernandez to run amok and he ended up killing at least 3 people?

Then again I don't think the people Aaron killed were when he was at UF under Urban so do they really count?

jjasper

Franklin is basically a perfect match for Penn State.

Probably the second-worst person currently coaching in CFB after Brian Kelly.
I mean Brian Kelly seems crazy but I mean Franklin tried to cover up a rape. I don't think Kelly has done anything close to that.

I mean Brian Kelly seems crazy but I mean Franklin tried to cover up a rape. I don't think Kelly has done anything close to that.

Kelly contributed to the deaths of TWO Notre Dame students.

He wins.

Also, I know I haven't been around in a while, but I'm no Urban Meyer apologist and I think I've made it abundantly clear that I've been uneasy with him leading our program the entire time he's been here, even when we were winning titles and not playing like dogshit as we are now.

Top Bottom