• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

unknownstranger
(07-31-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Jaroof

I feel like Cracker is bluffing about being able to control all of his armor puppets to a tee with his powers. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just use the armor themselves to fight his enemies, without putting himself in harm's way? Then again, Doflamingo had a whole arsenal of moves with his devil fruit. Curious to see how this plays out.

If I remember right, Doflamingo had a string that kept him in contact with his dummy. I doubt Cracker could control his dummies from very far away.
SolidusDave
(07-31-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by unknownstranger

If I remember right, Doflamingo had a string that kept him in contact with his dummy. I doubt Cracker could control his dummies from very far away.

Aren't the biscuit guards in front of big mom's castle his creation, too? They looked dead-eyed in hindsight.

Not a fan of this devil fruit as well. Didn't like Doffy's indestructible strings either.
Those powers should follow a certain logic. Considering how strong Luffy is, the biscuits were basically hard as diamond which itself is a devil fruit power :p

I know, haki, but they don't show it as black...
Sibersk Esto
(07-31-2017, 04:53 AM)

Originally Posted by SolidusDave

Aren't the biscuit guards in front of big mom's castle his creation, too? They looked dead-eyed in hindsight.

Not a fan of this devil fruit as well. Didn't like Doffy's indestructible strings either.
Those powers should follow a certain logic. Considering how strong Luffy is, the biscuits were basically hard as diamond which itself is a devil fruit power :p

I know, haki, but they don't show it as black...

It's still pretty clear he's using Haki to reinforce it, even without a color change.
Dedication Through Light
(07-31-2017, 02:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Ogodei

The biscuit-making power is apparently an allusion to a Japanese nursery rhyme about a child who dreams of biscuits that endlessly multiply.

Oh that actually makes it more interesting then.
unknownstranger
(08-06-2017, 04:13 AM)
Good episode this week. Finally another 4th gear attack.
Eusis
(08-06-2017, 06:40 AM)
Good god, is it even advisable to binge from the start at this point? Similarly, should I watch what seem to be the HD remastered episodes, or just the original 4:3 ones (which do fill an iPad screen nicely.)
silva1991
(08-06-2017, 10:55 AM)
Good episode. A shame that shitty Cracker isn't dead yet.
Akai__
(08-06-2017, 12:19 PM)
Was hoping that there would be a special for Episode 800, but oh well. :D

Wonder how much longer Ruffy will be able to maintain Gear 4. The new attack was pretty nice.

Originally Posted by Eusis

Good god, is it even advisable to binge from the start at this point? Similarly, should I watch what seem to be the HD remastered episodes, or just the original 4:3 ones (which do fill an iPad screen nicely.)

I'd recommend watching OnePace, if you are just now starting from the beginning. It's a super cut of the series and will get you through faster.
SolidusDave
(08-06-2017, 01:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Akai__

The new attack was pretty nice.

But how does it work? He bends his arms into the shape of more fists?
Akai__
(08-06-2017, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidusDave

But how does it work? He bends his arms into the shape of more fists?

Probably just vibrating his arms at a very fast pace, so that it looks like he has more. That's what the effect looked like to me, at least.
unknownstranger
(08-06-2017, 09:32 PM)
Luffy can nearly stretch his arms forever in 4th gear. It's not that crazy he can stretch his arms into multiple arms.
silva1991
(08-09-2017, 09:46 AM)
I'm so tempted to read the manga just because of how bad the anime pacing is :(

I don't want to wait another few years before watching it the rest of the arc like I did before punk hazard.
unknownstranger
(08-11-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by silva1991

I'm so tempted to read the manga just because of how bad the anime pacing is :(

I don't want to wait another few years before watching it the rest of the arc like I did before punk hazard.

I'm still holding out. I've never been into manga (or comics) and I don't really feel like starting now. I am checking the manga thread regularly for discussions and spoilers though. I don't post in there that often though because I don't want to come across as ignorant (anymore than in this thread) for not knowing things that happened in the manga but not the anime.
unknownstranger
(08-13-2017, 04:49 AM)
Meh episode today. Flashback didn't really add anything that hasn't been shown. They also added a bunch of days to how long Sanji and Zeff went without food compared to the original scene for some reason.
Dedication Through Light
(08-13-2017, 03:37 PM)
Has Shota Sanji always sounded like Chopper? Ive only heard him in engdub during the original time of this flashback, unless Im just missing some other time in the past few years we saw shota Sanji?