• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Sora_N
Member
(04-15-2015, 04:05 AM)
Sora_N's Avatar
How amazing is Zaku Amazing?
PhiLonius
Member
(04-15-2015, 04:38 AM)
PhiLonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sora_N

How amazing is Zaku Amazing?

Amazing!
Kwixotik
Member
(04-15-2015, 04:40 AM)
Kwixotik's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE

Posting from thread in OT for Gundam reference
Shun
Member
(04-15-2015, 04:46 AM)
Shun's Avatar
Oh anyone have any spare Gunpla pieces like a spare GN Drive, V-Fin, bean handles, broken pieces, etc that you don't need?

I'd love to take them off your hands for my current custom kit bash project. Really useful in the case something breaks and I need to sand and cement it on or to make a custom piece.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 05:00 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar
Turn A Gundam Ep 44:

So the Turn A is responsible for ending the world several times over? Moonlight Butterfly sounds pretty OP.
PhiLonius
Member
(04-15-2015, 05:12 AM)
PhiLonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Turn A Gundam Ep 44:

So the Turn A is responsible for ending the world several times over? Moonlight Butterfly sounds pretty OP.

Moonlight Butterfly > _____
Beth Cyra
Member
(04-15-2015, 05:36 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun

I don't think there are Turn A or any Correct Century waterslides.

What I do recommend is exactly what Beth Cyra said with tweezers and making sure it sticks with the dull side of an xacto knife.

You could alternatively draw/paint it on since it's just a V with a small i indent in between.

You can paint it on pretty accurately if you use masking tape to create the lines for the Turn A symbol.

Doesn't the kit come with a cow?

It does come with a cow lol.

I thought I had seen a third party water decal set from Samuel Decal for Turn A, sad if they don't have one.
Sora_N
Member
(04-15-2015, 05:47 AM)
Sora_N's Avatar
Started watching Gundam X to justifying buying the HG or MG kit (probably MG). Lol...
Shun
Member
(04-15-2015, 10:37 AM)
Shun's Avatar
RG duckroll Challenge Redux: Update 1 (No broken pieces yet)



Holyyyyyy shit(╬ಠ益ಠ)ゴ The Exia head is probably one of the most single frustrating experiences I've had building gunpla.

Frame is some easy stuff, but the head. so small and so frustrating to put together... Gem wouldn't sit still and putting the chin and face together was tedious.

Since it's RG and not HG, kit bashing is much harder. due to frame restrictions. Instead of using a Destiny face on my Exia head, I had to opt for a hobby knife and cut the tears on the face myself. I think it came out okay, might cut a little more. Sliced my finger in the process of doing so though. The yellow pieces... horrible. Detail wise, this thing is great. If it weren't for such small pieces, I would prefer RG over MG.

Gonna put the head on hiatus and focus on painting the white head pieces. Need to prime and paint the inner frame as well as cut out the Destiny's palms out. Planning on painting the palms metallic blue or green for the Bakunetsu God Finger effect. I hope that putting the pieces together won't be a pain after painting.

Next up is cutting the frame so that I can fit the Strike Freedom's stomach for the railguns. After that, gotta find a way to cement and screw the Strike Freedom's DRAGOONs onto the back of the Exia and add GN Drive to it.

Looking for spare pieces, GN Drive, V Fin, etc. Would love to take any parts, new or broken, you don't use.

Originally Posted by Sora_N

Started watching Gundam X to justifying buying the HG or MG kit (probably MG). Lol...

Get MG Crossbone X1 Kai Ful Cloth or MG DX.
NEO0MJ
Member
(04-15-2015, 10:45 AM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar
Don't break it, Shun!

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Turn A Gundam Ep 44:

So the Turn A is responsible for ending the world several times over? Moonlight Butterfly sounds pretty OP.

It's probably one of the more OP gundam abilities.
donkey show
Little Big Dev
Sumo Digital
(04-15-2015, 11:04 AM)
donkey show's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sora_N

How amazing is Zaku Amazing?

It's a solid kit with a lot more articulation than expected and doesn't feel flimsy. Since its base is the High Mobility Zaku II HG kit, you'll get the base weapons from that unit as well if you wanted a different weapon loadout too. I'm currently letting the top coat dry on mine, but I'll post pics later on.

Also been slowly working on the Hi-Nu Vrabe while watching Daredevil with the gf. It's a good looking kit so far, but lol at the decision to bind four of the inner fin funnels into two pairs so there are only two real usable fin funnels. Since the kit itself is based off of the older HG Hi-Nu, I suppose I could grab that and get the funnels from there among other things if I really wanted to.

Enron
Banned
(04-15-2015, 03:02 PM)
Enron's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun

RG duckroll Challenge Redux: Update 1 (No broken pieces yet)

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCnlynyUgAABsi7.jpg/IMG]

Holyyyyyy shit(╬ಠ益ಠ)ゴ The Exia head is probably one of the most single frustrating experiences I've had building gunpla.

Frame is some easy stuff, but the head. so small and so frustrating to put together... Gem wouldn't sit still and putting the chin and face together was tedious.

Since it's RG and not HG, kit bashing is much harder. due to frame restrictions. Instead of using a Destiny face on my Exia head, I had to opt for a hobby knife and cut the tears on the face myself. I think it came out okay, might cut a little more. Sliced my finger in the process of doing so though. The yellow pieces... horrible. Detail wise, this thing is great. If it weren't for such small pieces, I would prefer RG over MG.

Gonna put the head on hiatus and focus on painting the white head pieces. Need to prime and paint the inner frame as well as cut out the Destiny's palms out. Planning on painting the palms metallic blue or green for the Bakunetsu God Finger effect. I hope that putting the pieces together won't be a pain after painting.

Next up is cutting the frame so that I can fit the Strike Freedom's stomach for the railguns. After that, gotta find a way to cement and screw the Strike Freedom's DRAGOONs onto the back of the Exia and add GN Drive to it.

Looking for spare pieces, GN Drive, V Fin, etc. Would love to take any parts, new or broken, you don't use.



Get MG Crossbone X1 Kai Ful Cloth or MG DX.


I warned you! The exia head is suffering
donkey show
Little Big Dev
Sumo Digital
(04-15-2015, 03:32 PM)
donkey show's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE

Posting from thread in OT for Gundam reference

kiunchbb
www.dictionary.com
(04-15-2015, 04:29 PM)
kiunchbb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE

Posting from thread in OT for Gundam reference

But but I liked the Disney dub.
Ezalc
Member
(04-15-2015, 04:47 PM)
Ezalc's Avatar

Originally Posted by donkey show

Goddamn it, this picture is amazing.
Sora_N
Member
(04-15-2015, 06:22 PM)
Sora_N's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun


Get MG Crossbone X1 Kai Ful Cloth or MG DX.

I may have to finish watching before I decide but I may get DX...just because there's a bit less whites on him and I keep buying mostly white gundams lol
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 06:34 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE

Posting from thread in OT for Gundam reference

Oh god my face hurts too fucking much.
Megalosaro
Banned
(04-15-2015, 07:01 PM)
Apparently I'm a stereotype of a gundam fan.

Though I dont hate all aus. Just the bad ones. And I don't care for the bad uc shoes either
Acid08
Banned
(04-15-2015, 07:06 PM)
Acid08's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQScjlXbBE

Posting from thread in OT for Gundam reference

god that UC line made me laugh so hard. Have run into so many Gundam fans like that, super annoying.
Megalosaro
Banned
(04-15-2015, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Acid08

god that UC line made me laugh so hard. Have run into so many Gundam fans like that, super annoying.

At the risk of sounding annoying, Alot of aus rely too heavily on uc tropes and don't add enough to make up for it. The best aus, g/build fighters etc use gundam tropes but also subvert them.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 07:18 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

Apparently I'm a stereotype of a gundam fan.

Though I dont hate all aus. Just the bad ones. And I don't care for the bad uc shoes either

My favorites are some of the UC era shows, but my gateway Gundam is Wing so it's hard for me to shit on AU's unless it's pretty bad. I even found enjoyment from Seed and Seed Destiny. I'm not a UC purist, I just want to be entertained for the most part. I'll definitely sit here and say Seed Destiny is shit, but I can still sit down and watch the damn thing since I've seen both Seed shows about 4 times. Shit like the 00 second season and that damn movie can go march off a fucking cliff though.
Acid08
Banned
(04-15-2015, 07:22 PM)
Acid08's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

At the risk of sounding annoying, Alot of aus rely too heavily on uc tropes and don't add enough to make up for it. The best aus, g/build fighters etc use gundam tropes but also subvert them.

Eh, I have no problem with people preferring UC or anything. You at least have a reason. The type of UC fan I find super annoying are the ones who worship at the altar of Amuro and Char while calling AU stuff "fake" Gundam. So common and dumb.
Beth Cyra
Member
(04-15-2015, 07:23 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar
Okay G Fans, SH Figurats Asia is on sale at HLJ for just 22 used, so now would be a good time to grab him.
Acid08
Banned
(04-15-2015, 07:26 PM)
Acid08's Avatar

Originally Posted by Beth Cyra

Okay G Fans, SH Figurats Asia is on sale at HLJ for just 22 used, so now would be a good time to grab him.

I would but I think he looks kinda crappy tbh :/
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 07:30 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acid08

Eh, I have no problem with people preferring UC or anything. You at least have a reason. The type of UC fan I find super annoying are the ones who worship at the altar of Amuro and Char while calling AU stuff "fake" Gundam. So common and dumb.

I'm at the point where I think Char and Amuro spent half their time chasing around swans calling them Lalah. With the amount of bitching they did over her during CCA I get the feeling they're still bitching about it while being newtype ghosts.
Beth Cyra
Member
(04-15-2015, 07:39 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acid08

I would but I think he looks kinda crappy tbh :/

I can see that. Granted I think Asia and Domon are awful characters but I know more then a few wanted them as a set together.
Megalosaro
Banned
(04-15-2015, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Acid08

Eh, I have no problem with people preferring UC or anything. You at least have a reason. The type of UC fan I find super annoying are the ones who worship at the altar of Amuro and Char while calling AU stuff "fake" Gundam. So common and dumb.

I don't think it's fake per se. But take wing foie example. Cool show moist of the time, but falls back on situations that are recycled rather than homeaged. Seed was awful in how much was rehashed.

The series needs to stop having char clones for one. is beyond boring at this point.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 08:18 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

I don't think it's fake per se. But take wing foie example. Cool show moist of the time, but falls back on situations that are recycled rather than homeaged. Seed was awful in how much was rehashed.

The series needs to stop having char clones for one. is beyond boring at this point.

Seed Destiny is really just a poorly done Zeta Gundam with less slapping. If Shinn was in Zeta he would've gotten fucking pummeled.
ActStriker
Member
(04-15-2015, 10:21 PM)
At least in Zeta, Kamille stayed as the lead for the most part.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-15-2015, 10:25 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by ActStriker

At least in Zeta, Kamille stayed as the lead for the most part.

Because Kamille had actual character growth and was actually interesting. He was awkward yes and you needed to occasionally go upside his damn head, but he matured into a pretty good character. Shinn on the other fucking hand...Kamille even had the better taste in women. Lunamaria is no Fa and Stella doesn't hold a candle to Four.
PhiLonius
Member
(04-16-2015, 01:03 AM)
PhiLonius's Avatar
Shinn pretty much has no arc. From first to final episode he faces next to no consequences, is rewarded for his insubordination, learns next to nothing, and you have to watch the Final Plus ending to get any sort of conclusion out of him.
Shun
Member
(04-16-2015, 01:30 AM)
Shun's Avatar
They ruined Lunamaria by having her end with and deal with the bullshit siscon that is Shinn Asuka. For a shit Zeta clone, I'm amazed that the series didn't end with Shinn in a coma.

Shinn is worse than Louise Halevy. Why couldn't we get Astray and it's expansions animated instead of Seed Destiny. I mean why not ignore that Shinn scene and have Sven Cal Bayang or Gai Murakumo as main characters.

G Reco was much more enjoyable than SEED Destiny.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-16-2015, 02:06 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun

They ruined Lunamaria by having her end with and deal with the bullshit siscon that is Shinn Asuka. For a shit Zeta clone, I'm amazed that the series didn't end with Shinn in a coma.

Shinn is worse than Louise Halevy. Why couldn't we get Astray and it's expansions animated instead of Seed Destiny. I mean why not ignore that Shinn scene and have Sven Cal Bayang or Gai Murakumo as main characters.

G Reco was much more enjoyable than SEED Destiny.

I would've preferred if Shinn had his brain turned into pudding as a result of the curb stomping that Athrun put on him. I'm still shocked that Lunamaria wanted to jump Shinn's bones after he alegedly killed her sister. I guess if Shinn can't have a sister than no one can.
Sora_N
Member
(04-16-2015, 02:13 AM)
Sora_N's Avatar
Hearing Shinns name makes my blood boil. Never bought any of his suits never will. I'm lying though...bought a SD Impulse a few years ago lol.
Shun
Member
(04-16-2015, 02:16 AM)
Shun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sora_N

Hearing Shinns name makes my blood boil. Never bought any of his suits never will. I'm lying though...bought a SD Impulse a few years ago lol.

I would have never gotten RG Destiny had it not been so cheap. Apparently it's one of the better RGs too. Dude doesn't deserve shit.

Shinn never deserved that suit. Good thing I'm using the parts for a custom build to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
Acid08
Banned
(04-16-2015, 02:59 AM)
Acid08's Avatar
The MG Turn A's legs are probably the weirdest thing part of any Gunpla I've ever built. They're great though.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-16-2015, 03:09 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun

I would have never gotten RG Destiny had it not been so cheap. Apparently it's one of the better RGs too. Dude doesn't deserve shit.

Shinn never deserved that suit. Good thing I'm using the parts for a custom build to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Only thing Shinn deserved was getting his teeth knocked out by Athrun.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-16-2015, 03:42 AM)
Man God's Avatar
No, Shinn learns his lesson, and I'm glad he does.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-16-2015, 04:07 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

No, Shinn learns his lesson, and I'm glad he does.

Is the lesson in one of the movies? Cause it seemed like it was "don't fuck with Athrun Zala" in Seed Destiny.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-16-2015, 04:08 AM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Is the lesson in one of the movies? Cause it seemed like it was "don't fuck with Athrun Zala" in Seed Destiny.

That's the lesson.

You've never seen the epilogue for DESTINY? It's actually pretty good!
JadedWriter
Member
(04-16-2015, 04:11 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

That's the lesson.

You've never seen the epilogue for DESTINY? It's actually pretty good!

I've never seen any of the movies, just the show itself. Poor fool should've listened to Athrun and not that clone and half ass Paptimus.
PhiLonius
Member
(04-16-2015, 04:30 AM)
PhiLonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

I've never seen any of the movies, just the show itself. Poor fool should've listened to Athrun and not that clone and half ass Paptimus.

Watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-kZzEK6pI
Shun
Member
(04-16-2015, 04:35 AM)
Shun's Avatar
Except Athrun stays losing with Cagali carrying Orb and Lacus carrying ZAFT on their backs and Kira leading his military cult. Murrue wins finally.

Shinn doesn't learn anything other than to sit down and shut up uses Luna as a means of coping with Stella and his unhealthy siscon and idk why the fuck Luna even bothers so she stays losing. After dealing with Shinn's crap for so long, probably the same reason as Shinn but as an Athrun replacement.

Still would have preferred Astray and Stargazer full 50 episodes over Destiny. Should have just killed Shinn off. Hathaway Noa didn't get to live, why should Shinn and his oily mess he calls his hair.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-16-2015, 05:05 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhiLonius

Watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-kZzEK6pI

Damn Shinn is a head case. I'm still trying to figure out why the let him pilot a weapon of mass destruction. I mean Kamille watched his parents die too, but wasn't as messed up as Shinn. Nice to see Shinn snap out of it a bit and act human towards Kira. Through the guidance of his new friends he'll be fine at least.
Megalosaro
Banned
(04-16-2015, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by PhiLonius

Watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-kZzEK6pI

I forgot how fucking ugly Seed's character designs were. I want to vomit. I think I am going to vomit

Furthermore, what the hell is up with all the god damn PANNING. Christ.
Sora_N
Member
(04-16-2015, 07:12 AM)
Sora_N's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhiLonius

Watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-kZzEK6pI

Stupid Shinn.

Speaking of Destiny...so when's MG Savior coming? :(



EDIT:

I picked up my really really old (I didn't realize GSD was like 10 years ago, holy shit I'm old) Infinite Justice kit and this happened. Actually tried to touch the other foot and the same thing happened.

Over the years I kinda liked regular Justice more, will they even make MG of that? They made RG Justice....

Shun
Member
(04-16-2015, 08:06 AM)
Shun's Avatar
Welp shit. It seems like I'm adding 2 more Perfect Grades to my backlog.

I'm building Gunpla with another friend of mine so it's a team of 2-3 people total.

Current backlog of kits consist of...

PG Strike Freedom
PG Zephyranthes
MG Hi-v
HG Harute
HG Fenice Rinascita (Friend finished, will post pictures)
RG Kitbash
RG Exia
RG Strike Freedom
RG Destiny

We're individually working on them and are meeting in May and June to finish up and do paints.

So 8 kits to finish by Late May to Mid June...

I'm gonna do my best not to pick up any more kits until I see the PGs and finish them all...
Beth Cyra
Member
(04-16-2015, 09:11 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar
Built MG Sinanju Stien Ver Ka to the half way point.

Great build, loved the nods to Nu Gundam and I really love the color scheme. Coming off Zaku OYW and Gundam 2.0 it really screams how much better plastics and builds have become over the years, while also showing how much theyve scaled back on internal detail.

I will likely finish it tomorrow. I think I'm going to go full OO mode and build Setsuna's Exia, OOR, and OOQ back to back so I can move on from that awful series.
BreezyLimbo
Banned
(04-16-2015, 12:24 PM)
HELLO FELLOW GUNDAMEERS.

Well that was a horrible intro. So, I've been out of the Gunpla game for.......boy, 5-6 years almost. Here is my backlog in visual form-

The Death MG Gundam is actually new, kinda an impulse buy. The other ones I got pre 2010...so they're pretty old. Any suggestions on what to build first? I wanna get back in the game.
Beth Cyra
Member
(04-16-2015, 05:13 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

HELLO FELLOW GUNDAMEERS.

Well that was a horrible intro. So, I've been out of the Gunpla game for.......boy, 5-6 years almost. Here is my backlog in visual form-


The Death MG Gundam is actually new, kinda an impulse buy. The other ones I got pre 2010...so they're pretty old. Any suggestions on what to build first? I wanna get back in the game.

I'd go probably Gunner Zaku, Astray, Sazabi, MG 1.0 and then Deathsycthe. well if you wanted build to grow in complexity, though to be honest you could likely switch Sazabi and Zaku for better progression.

Thread Tools