• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(08-11-2017, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Baroquemantic

Yeah, it's a really good browser, though not my daily driver. I still prefer some things in chrome.

I personally love it and missed the fuck out of it when I moved from the Note 5 to Z Play.

Z Play was also updated to 7.1.
Groof
(08-11-2017, 05:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Rewrite

Samsung Internet browser beta finally works on most phones now! It didn't work for me before (Z Play), but now it does! How I missed this browser!

yooo this is smooth as fuck. i might give it a go for a few days
Al-ibn Kermit
(08-11-2017, 05:27 AM)

Originally Posted by DrFunk

That moto gamepad is a verizon exclusive

hope they sell appx 3 of them

Apparently anyone can buy it even without a Verizon account.

http://www.androidauthority.com/moto...e-date-792839/

They might sell 4!
thenexus6
(08-11-2017, 08:53 AM)
My girlfriend got her first android phone (Moto G5) and that thing is solid.
Jzero
Banned
(08-11-2017, 09:14 AM)

Originally Posted by thenexus6

Moto G5 and that thing is solid.

Just wait a few months. Moto is trash.
DagsJT
(08-11-2017, 10:47 AM)

My wife got one after her 5X bootlooped, she's really not happy with it.
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(08-11-2017, 11:45 AM)

Originally Posted by DagsJT

My wife got one after her 5X bootlooped, she's really not happy with it.

Y'all talking G5 or G5 Plus?

Plus runs circles around the regular.
DagsJT
(08-11-2017, 12:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

Y'all talking G5 or G5 Plus?

Plus runs circles around the regular.

Regular, plus wasn't available unfortunately.
Ferr986
(08-11-2017, 02:46 PM)
Just received a G6. Welp, this shit is bigger than I thought lol
Vanillalite
(08-11-2017, 04:44 PM)

Originally Posted by DagsJT

Regular, plus wasn't available unfortunately.

Yeah the regular is still hampered by the 4XX series of processors while the Plus jumped to the 6XX series.
DrFurbs
(08-11-2017, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Ferr986

Just received a G6. Welp, this shit is bigger than I thought lol

I really like the look of this phone but I feel it's way over priced.

What do you think?
DagsJT
(08-11-2017, 06:00 PM)
Really impressed with the Honor 9 after a few hours, more so than I was with the Pixel.
Vanillalite
(08-11-2017, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by DrFurbs

What do you think?

MSRP is overpriced.

You can find that phone for way less with so many mad deals though.
Asgaro
(08-11-2017, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Rox598

Did they remove the Google Fit watch face from Android Wear 2,0? damn thing won't appear on this Hauwei watch 2 and Google Fit itself doesn't seem to want to get data from the watch either.

They want you to buy a decent device. A Garmin.
Asgaro
(08-11-2017, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Ty4on

Please, let fans of small phones have something exciting for once.

Kinda interested in the device. (If it's coming to Europe at least?)
I was looking forward to the upcoming Sony Xperia Compact, but I've come to realize my Z3C's 4.6" starts to feel a bit too small.
So I'm looking for an increase in screen space while still having a rather compact overall size.
Kaiken
(08-11-2017, 09:25 PM)

What do you think?

They always have some sort of promotion. I just received a Mini Wireless Projector and B&O Headphones.
Ferr986
(08-11-2017, 10:47 PM)

What do you think?

Got it for like 400€ from some shop at Amazon, you can probably get it for even less at Ebay. So far pretty good but didn't had much time to mess with it (busy day!)
Kieli
(08-11-2017, 10:49 PM)
Is there a way to do a white-list for calls? I keep getting international numbers, so I want to block anything that's not a local number.
Gambit61
(08-11-2017, 11:48 PM)
Wow my Moto Z Play Droid finally got 7.1.1. Seemed like I was just getting the usual security update.
JudgeN
(08-12-2017, 12:17 AM)
Brought a S8+ from Verizon 2 days ago which I love but found out best buy had it for $300 off today. Damn it but man this is nicest phone I've ever owned.
Rox598
(08-12-2017, 08:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Asgaro

Lol it's funny cause it actually feels that way. wear 2.0 kinda sucks and this watch can be really laggy.
Quasar
(08-12-2017, 12:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Asgaro

That's basically what Apple and Google did with their smart watches. Maybe one day they'll be able to compete with Garmin in terms of features and battery life.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(08-12-2017, 01:41 PM)
Nexus 6p battery drain is a known issue right? This 4hr battery life is insane but I am using the phone actively with the screen and internet and whatever so maybe it's within parameters
Dobsie
(08-12-2017, 02:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Jintor

Nexus 6p battery drain is a known issue right? This 4hr battery life is insane but I am using the phone actively with the screen and internet and whatever so maybe it's within parameters

Battery drain is a known issue with every android if you've got rogue apps, you can try uninstalling apps you don't use or if that doesn't work a factory reset.
The Nexus 6p has a hardware defect where it will shut down with anywhere from 15-60% battery remaining and won't power back up until you connect it to a charger. If this is what's happening you need to contact Google for an RMA as there is no fix.
CronoShot
(08-12-2017, 05:31 PM)
As if you needed another reason to not buy it, the Moto Z2 Force has the same jelly display issue as the OnePlus 5.
Al-ibn Kermit
(08-12-2017, 05:42 PM)
As I understand it, the jelly display is due to the pixels refreshing bottom to top instead of top to bottom so there is an adjustment period of like a few days for your eyes before your eyes get used to it and the effect "goes away".

If that's true, I could totally live with it. My guess/hope is that the refresh rate shows more judder when being filmed in 30 FPS YouTube videos since some videos make the OP5 jelly effect really obvious and in others you don't notice it at all.
DrFunk
not licensed in your state
(08-12-2017, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Gambit61

Wow my Moto Z Play Droid finally got 7.1.1. Seemed like I was just getting the usual security update.

Off topic, but King is a fantastic group/album
DrFunk
not licensed in your state
(08-12-2017, 08:34 PM)
https://twitter.com/droid_life/statu...01868502351873

On topic, Droid life says 8/18 for the essential on Sprint
DrFurbs
(08-12-2017, 09:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Dobsie

Battery drain is a known issue with every android if you've got rogue apps, you can try uninstalling apps you don't use or if that doesn't work a factory reset.
The Nexus 6p has a hardware defect where it will shut down with anywhere from 15-60% battery remaining and won't power back up until you connect it to a charger. If this is what's happening you need to contact Google for an RMA as there is no fix.

I'm in a contract with a mobile provider in the UK. My battery is definitely acting up. Do I contact Google or the company I bought the phone from?
Rox598
(08-12-2017, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Al-ibn Kermit

As I understand it, the jelly display is due to the pixels refreshing bottom to top instead of top to bottom so there is an adjustment period of like a few days for your eyes before your eyes get used to it and the effect "goes away".

If that's true, I could totally live with it. My guess/hope is that the refresh rate shows more judder when being filmed in 30 FPS YouTube videos since some videos make the OP5 jelly effect really obvious and in others you don't notice it at all.

For what it's worth I don't notice and never have noticed it and I'm usually really particular with such things

Once seen it can't be unseen
BoboBrazil
(08-13-2017, 05:14 AM)

Originally Posted by DrFunk

https://twitter.com/droid_life/statu...01868502351873

On topic, Droid life says 8/18 for the essential on Sprint

So a phone in less than a week that none has touched or seen the software.
Unknown Soldier
(08-13-2017, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

So a phone in less than a week that none has touched or seen the software.

It's going to be stock Android with like a custom app to connect to Essential for updates. Expecting more is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Jeffrey
(08-13-2017, 11:55 AM)
Android O on essential in 2017 2018 or never?
Quasar
(08-13-2017, 11:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier

It's going to be stock Android with like a custom app to connect to Essential for updates. Expecting more is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And some kind of integration with Essential Home, though that's a ways off. All in all my preferred outcome. I'd not want some shitty skinified Android that slows down updates to a crawl.
Dobsie
(08-13-2017, 12:17 PM)

I'm in a contract with a mobile provider in the UK. My battery is definitely acting up. Do I contact Google or the company I bought the phone from?

Try Google first, they may say you need to go through the mobile provider, but in my experience their UK support is really good. (I'm in the UK too)
Jeffrey
(08-13-2017, 01:38 PM)
Lol apparently z2 force has jelly as well.

Apparently they did in on past phones too? Og jelly
DrFurbs
(08-13-2017, 05:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Dobsie

Try Google first, they may say you need to go through the mobile provider, but in my experience their UK support is really good. (I'm in the UK too)

Thank you.

On another note, I'm thinking I might jump with the new Sony Xperia xz Premium. But as usual, in worried about the battery since there thing has a pointless 4k screen to power!

Why didn't they just go QHD and prolong battery?
Jeffrey
(08-13-2017, 05:30 PM)

Thank you.

On another note, I'm thinking I might jump with the new Sony Xperia xz Premium. But as usual, in worried about the battery since there thing has a pointless 4k screen to power!

Reviews say battery is average.

4k is their bulletpoint. Otherwise it's a giant bezel phone that cost Samsung price
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(08-13-2017, 05:50 PM)
Is there an app that displays iOS emojis, rather than Samsungs?
The Faceless Master
(08-13-2017, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Lashley

you'd probably need root for that.
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(08-13-2017, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

you'd probably need root for that.

Ah :(
BoboBrazil
(08-13-2017, 07:32 PM)
I just need to know that pixel XL 2 battery size and if it has notification led. If it has good battery of 3400mah+ and notification led I'm in.
kaiyo
(08-13-2017, 09:00 PM)

Thank you.

Most of the time it's running at 1080p resolution, it's only running 4k when needed e.g. photos, 4k videos, etc. Though, running at a higher resolution doesn't affect the battery that much, unless you are runing a game trying to push that many pixels.

no media uses QHD.
Noema
(08-13-2017, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Lashley

At a Global OS level you need Root, and I think Xposed as well.

Certain apps use iOS Emojis within the App, like Whatsapp, but you'll still see the OS's emojis in notifications and such for the messages. It's a weird disconnect.
DrFurbs
(08-13-2017, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by kaiyo

Most of the time it's running at 1080p resolution, it's only running 4k when needed e.g. photos, 4k videos, etc. Though, running at a higher resolution doesn't affect the battery that much, unless you are runing a game trying to push that many pixels.

no media uses QHD.

Just seen the size of it.. I'm out
Too big.
Rewrite
Not as deep as he thinks
(08-13-2017, 10:19 PM)
Somebody made the Google camera with HDR+ work with other snapdragon 820/821 and 835 devices.

https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...ra-hdr-ported/
sems4arsenal
(08-13-2017, 11:08 PM)
Just got a Xperia X. Currently running Android 7.1. So far so good, very snappy and a few nice features over marshmallow
SolidSnakeUS
(08-14-2017, 12:54 AM)
After being at a con all weekend, I can definitely say I'm getting real fucking tired of my shitty battery life on my Nexus 6P. Holy shit do I need the Pixel 2 XL in my life right now.
Jeffrey
(08-14-2017, 02:10 AM)
Essential debut in California Friday. They needa sell me hard.
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(08-14-2017, 04:07 AM)
Sucks that the s8 sales don't include the at&t versions. Might've pulled the trigger.