franconp
(08-01-2017, 10:35 PM)
I'm here.

Will catch up in a bit.
CrimsonFist
(08-01-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Sorian

But why Crimson!

I did explain in my previous post, but of the three people (four now) who responded to my question, Fat's felt the most like someone looking to jump on for townie points.

Although I only gave Dragonz a pass for not being around for long, and she's only jumped onto easy topics so far. Although on that note, suggesting two scum teams is interesting (even if it was being mistaken over a previous game), because we probably do have at least 3, neutral dependent, and I wonder if scum would intentionally get that wrong.
Fireblend
No Member
(08-01-2017, 10:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Verelios

Why are you so interested in what I'm doing? Very odd

Guys I think Vere is flustered.

Originally Posted by Verelios

I'll be wasted for three so that's no problem.

look at him trying to lighten up again
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 10:39 PM)
Would a lynch on D1 reveal anything?

I'm leaning on No Lynch
Fat4all
(08-01-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

I'm leaning on No Lynch

I'm not a fan of the 'No Lynch' for day one.

I'd much rather have the possibility of hitting scum then not taking a shot in the first place.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Each thing is the same with itself and different from another; D = D.
(08-01-2017, 10:43 PM)

I'm leaning on No Lynch

A lynch, whether a miss or no, gives more info as opposed to nothing
CrimsonFist
(08-01-2017, 10:45 PM)
Can we skip to the part where we agree that the no lynch isn't going to get enough traction and then Kark tries to tie the vote anyway.

Also, Fat and Dragonz jumping on the easy topic again.
Sophia

I'm leaning on No Lynch

Votes and lynches are the biggest way for town to get information. They draw lines in the sand, so to speak, and allow us to see where everyone stood. No lynching on Day 1 takes away that advantage from us, as we get no information from vote patterns. Plus, if a game starts on an odd number of players (Like say, this game after pairs are taken into account) you take away one of town's mislynches by no lynching.

Why would you think a lynch on Day 1 reveals nothing? Surely you have some reads on people right now, yes?
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
yay kk
Ty4on
(08-01-2017, 10:46 PM)

I'm leaning on No Lynch

Would a no lynch on D1 reveal anything?
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Sophia

Votes and lynches are the biggest way for town to get information. They draw lines in the sand, so to speak, and allow us to see where everyone stood. No lynching on Day 1 takes away that advantage from us, as we get no information from vote patterns. Plus, if a game starts on an odd number of players (Like say, this game after pairs are taken into account) you take away one of town's mislynches by no lynching.

Why would you think a lynch on Day 1 reveals nothing? Surely you have some reads on people right now, yes?

No I don't and my only excuse is this my first full game since becoming part of the GAFIA community
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(08-01-2017, 10:47 PM)

I don't even have reads on anyone

except that Ouro guy seems legit
WhereAreMahDragonz
(08-01-2017, 10:48 PM)

Originally Posted by CrimsonFist

Can we skip to the part where we agree that the no lynch isn't going to get enough traction and then Kark tries to tie the vote anyway.

What can I say? I'm very easy

...wait
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 10:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

*looks at game start time*

*looks at current time*

Yeah. That's all I've got for "Day 1."

This argument doesn't hold water when the thread is already proving someone can be useful within 3 hours.

Originally Posted by Ty4on

I rate Sorian's post 8 Sorians out of 10

Better than most video games!

You seem to have a lot of interest me in today.

I did explain in my previous post, but of the three people (four now) who responded to my question, Fat's felt the most like someone looking to jump on for townie points.

Although I only gave Dragonz a pass for not being around for long, and she's only jumped onto easy topics so far. Although on that note, suggesting two scum teams is interesting (even if it was being mistaken over a previous game), because we probably do have at least 3, neutral dependent, and I wonder if scum would intentionally get that wrong.

Had to go back and find your question, was skimming and it was at the bottom of a page so didn't even register it first time through. Guess I've answered it too! That said, meh, anyone who answers a question that early about a topic with so little evidence is far is either really into helping or looking helpful (which doesn't narrow much down) so I have nothing to defend here.

I'm leaning on No Lynch

getout.gif

We're lynching someone and I'll go against a read even if I breaks a tie.
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(08-01-2017, 10:49 PM)

This argument doesn't hold water when the thread is already proving someone can be useful within 3 hours.

You said "Day 1." I have plenty of time to be marginally useful.
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 10:49 PM)

*looks at next post*

lol
Karkador
(08-01-2017, 10:50 PM)

I AM SUMMONED
kingkitty
(08-01-2017, 10:50 PM)
i'm going to write an incisive list of reads based on the last 3 or so pages

be right back
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 10:51 PM)
Where is Kark anyway?

I need to pester him into submission again.
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 10:52 PM)
OH MY GOD

kingkitty and OUROS are different people

OH MY GOD

STAAAHHHPPPP
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 10:52 PM)
FINE

RUIN MY JOKE
Ty4on
(08-01-2017, 10:53 PM)

FINE

RUIN MY JOKE

you ruined your joke
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(08-01-2017, 10:54 PM)

you ruined your joke

it's the Sorian Way™
Sophia
(08-01-2017, 10:55 PM)

*looks at next post*

lol

I mean I'm hardly jumping only on to easy topics here, especially when you take into account the private chat me and Crimson are talking with each other.

But remind me again of how much Verelios and Dragonz have added to the game so far? Especially miss "I'm more interested in writing my terrible Game of Thrones fanfiction than actually playing the game" :P
Ty4on
(08-01-2017, 10:56 PM)

I mean I'm hardly jumping only on to easy topics here, especially when you take into account the private chat me and Crimson are talking with each other.

But remind me again of how much Verelios and Dragonz have added to the game so far? Especially miss "I'm more interested in writing my terrible Game of Thrones fanfiction than actually playing the game" :P

huh?
Natiko
(08-01-2017, 10:57 PM)
It's difficult keeping track of everything when there are pairs. That's going to take getting used to. Apologies for being late - vacation and all that.

I'm leaning on No Lynch

Lover, as much as I want to support you in all your endeavors that's just not a choice I can get down with.
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 10:57 PM)

None at all (but that's also par for the course from both of them if I'm being honest with myself from playing/modding other games). I mostly point it out for the irony and also as my civic duty to rush in for aid on my lover. It's my life on the line too!
CrimsonFist
(08-01-2017, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Natiko

It's difficult keeping track of everything when there are pairs. That's going to take getting used to. Apologies for being late - vacation and all that.

Lover, as much as I want to support you in all your endeavors that's just not a choice I can get down with.

I take it the no lynch wasn't discussed in your lovers chat then?
Natiko
(08-01-2017, 10:58 PM)

I feel like you just took some shots at our beautiful in the works game. How dare you!
Natiko
(08-01-2017, 10:59 PM)

I take it the no lynch wasn't discussed in your lovers chat then?

My love has only popped in once and it was right after we got our role. It's a wasteland at this time :c
franconp
(08-01-2017, 11:00 PM)
Finished catching up:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Gafia culture (I'm an expert), but well thought out votes are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on Volcano Island where you can become successful though random guesswork. If you RNG Vote in Gafia, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Vote: Trigger

Classic Sorian

Originally Posted by Muffin1611

Crimson Fist, you've outdone yourself.

Aren't you a newbie? How did you caught the reference?

Actually yes. Ouro scum from memory is kinda try hard, wants mostly valuable posts

I don't agree. I have played with scum Ouro and he shitpost day one. But it was a loooong time ago.

Inb4 Sophia and Crimson's boat is the only one with pregame discussions

Didn't we all got an early start? I don't like this post.

Why not, indeed.

Think I have a decent opinion of the people posting so far, at any rate.

Care to share with the rest of us?

How many scum pairs do we think there are, by the way? Not too familiar with the balancing.

I think 3. Maybe one neutral.

Originally Posted by Dr. Worm

VOTE: franconp

Why do you do this to us? I can change!!!!

Ouro and Dragonz both have voted against Sophia...curious.

Dragonz I understand, but why you, Ouro?

So you caught the opening reference but you can't spot obvious troll votes? Weird.

I mean, Dr. Worm himself has pretty much done nothing but shitpost. Unless someone thinks a couple of votes with no reason is quality discussion... :p

It's a team play. He is tasked with shitposting while I do the scum hunting.

Do not test me. I will not be made a fool.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=3646[/QUOTE]

It was all planned. We wanted to give town a chance. Same with Blarg.

Originally Posted by Royal_Flush

Hi everybody!

Nothing. Very neutral answer.

I see. We're 2 hours in and I already get triggered by your posts. Don't ask me why.

Why?

I'm leaning on No Lynch

We are lynching someone today. We have talked about this since forever. No Lynching day 1 is a mistake.

I don't even have reads on anyone

except that Ouro guy seems legit

Well, you usually have bad reads.
Sophia
(08-01-2017, 11:00 PM)

None at all (but that's also par for the course from both of them if I'm being honest with myself from playing/modding other games). I mostly point it out for the irony and also as my civic duty to rush in for aid on my lover. It's my life on the line too!

True, which is why I haven't quite considered them alignment indicative on it's own yet.

(Also I didn't say anything about Fat yet! Or at least not in public ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
franconp
(08-01-2017, 11:01 PM)

I feel like you just took some shots at our beautiful in the works game. How dare you!

Really?
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 11:03 PM)
Ouro and Sorian seem like low enough fruit to pick and bus around.

Still am not sure about my vote?
Sorian
(08-01-2017, 11:04 PM)

True, which is why I haven't quite considered them alignment indicative on it's own yet.

(Also I didn't say anything about Fat yet! Or at least not in public ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Your lover did though. He commented on Fat and Dragonz while you switched the convo to Vere and Dragonz.
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 11:04 PM)
Where's Natiko?
Sophia
(08-01-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by franconp

Didn't we all got an early start? I don't like this post.

Care to share with the rest of us?

I think Ty was just making a joke at my ability to post a lot really really fast, especially when I have a private chat at my disposal. :p

And I'm keeping most of my opinions to mine and Crimson's private chat for now. I have a slight gut town-lean on Nomadic tho, if only because I feel if he was scum he would have asked the no lynch there instead of here.
Natiko
(08-01-2017, 11:06 PM)

Really?

We're gonna get back to it after this game. Promise D:

Where's Natiko?

I'm right here love! Just was late checking in due to being on vacation.
Nomadic Sparks
(08-01-2017, 11:08 PM)

We're gonna get back to it after this game. Promise D:

I'm right here love! Just was late checking in due to being on vacation.

Oh that's right
Ty4on
(08-01-2017, 11:08 PM)

What pregame discussions did you have with your lover? You seem like someone who might have some.
WhereAreMahDragonz
(08-01-2017, 11:09 PM)

Speaking of...we should get on that at some point lmao
Natiko
(08-01-2017, 11:10 PM)

What pregame discussions did you have with your lover? You seem like someone who might have some.

I alluded to it above, but nomad just checked into our lovers chat once and that was it so far. I'm feeling very neglected. Might need marriage counseling tbh
franconp
(08-01-2017, 11:10 PM)

This has been answered:

My love has only popped in once and it was right after we got our role. It's a wasteland at this time :c

WhereAreMahDragonz
(08-01-2017, 11:12 PM)

Really?

Game of Thrones Mafia...coming in conjunction with The Winds of Winter's release
Natiko

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

Game of Thrones Mafia...coming in conjunction with The Winds of Winter's release

Oh I dunno, I think we can maybe beat GRRM! Whether we can finish before the show ends though..
Nomadic Sparks

I alluded to it above, but nomad just checked into our lovers chat once and that was it so far. I'm feeling very neglected. Might need marriage counseling tbh

D:
CrimsonFist
(08-01-2017, 11:13 PM)

I'd be a bit cautious about asking people this, since some PR's might have primarily discussed those and be forced to lie about it.
WhereAreMahDragonz
(08-01-2017, 11:13 PM)

Oh I dunno, I think we can maybe beat GRRM! Whether we can finish before the show ends though..

I believe in us