• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(07-29-2017, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

It's not August yet anywhere on the planet.

Stop exposing the business.
Sweeney Tom
(07-29-2017, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

It's not August yet anywhere on the planet.

Explain what the point would be in having a 2nd July OT, which would only be 1) up and 2) used for max 2 whole days
Hasney
(07-29-2017, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Foggy

Ibushi on G1

He thought Tana/Naito was the better match at Dominion. Feels he's matured and the current NJPW deal is advantagous to him. Doesn't think the G1 Final is best for a match against Kenny.

I love Ibushi. he's probably one of the best all rounders of all time with comedy, to slug fests, to high flying contests, to even letting Brian Kendrick hit a fucking sick burning hammer on him and playing Tiger Mask. There is nothing in wrestling he cannot do.

Sounds like he's matured and wants to be the best, much like Omega did before coming into NJPW.

With Omega and Ibushi wanting to prove they're the best in the world alongside Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki and Naito in the same promotion, does anything ever touch this golden age? Hell, you could probably put Elgin in that conversation at this point. It's fucking mad that after losing Nakamura and AJ Styles how much talent they still have.
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 03:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Hasney

I love Ibushi. he's probably one of the best all rounders of all time with comedy, to slug fests, to high flying contests, to even letting Brian Kendrick hit a fucking sick burning hammer on him and playing Tiger Mask. There is nothing in wrestling he cannot do.

Sounds like he's matured and wants to be the best, much like Omega did before coming into NJPW.

With Omega and Ibushi wanting to prove they're the best in the world alongside Okada, Tanahashi, Suzuki and Naito in the same promotion, does anything ever touch this golden age? Hell, you could probably put Elgin in that conversation at this point. It's fucking mad that after losing Nakamura and AJ Styles how much talent they still have.

It's the perfect combination of a super stacked roster combined with a promotion that books them properly and lets them go wild in the ring.
Mahonay
(07-29-2017, 03:40 AM)
Is this kayfabe August?
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 03:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Mahonay

Is this kayfabe August?

You know it brother.

Last edited by Sinatar; 07-29-2017 at 03:48 AM.
sf2fanatic
(07-29-2017, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Mahonay

Is this kayfabe August?

Great Cena/Nak, Styles/KO tonight!!

E: lol names on the pic
Hasney
(07-29-2017, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Sinatar

It's the perfect combination of a super stacked roster combined with a promotion that books them properly and lets them go wild in the ring.

Totally, but even if they were booked like shit, just give those guys 15 mins and you have a match. The booking is the cherry.
Sweeney Tom
(07-29-2017, 04:10 AM)
Narcissist Lex Luger action figure https://twitter.com/ringsidec/status/891131164546801664
SomewhatGroovy
(07-29-2017, 04:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Sweeney Tom

Narcissist Lex Luger action figure https://twitter.com/ringsidec/status/891131164546801664

Looks like Ozymandias from Watchmen
Pop-O-Matic
(07-29-2017, 04:12 AM)

You know it brother.

God, I can see a bunch of old territory owners crushing their glasses of whisky in their hands as they mutter something angrily about "exposing the business."
Hasney
(07-29-2017, 04:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Pop-O-Matic

God, I can see a bunch of old territory owners crushing their glasses of whisky in their hands as they mutter something angrily about "exposing the business."

And Vince McMahon dancing since he won.

Oh wait, from the VERY SAME VIDEO EVEN

The Strokes
(07-29-2017, 04:21 AM)

Originally Posted by serenewarfare

Continuing this convo from the other thread:

Eh, maybe or maybe not. It's more likely that they would. But we'll never know for sure. There's a ton of guys WWE was "going to ruin" that have turned out great in either NXT or even on the main roster sometimes.

Pentagon would never fly on WWE because for the crowd, mask=flips. And that sure isn't his forte.

Also, how's the future like Hasney? I'm still stuck in shitty July.
Hasney
(07-29-2017, 04:22 AM)
Including the side shows like Main Event, Curt Hawkins has 0 wins in his last 100 matches :'(

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2749&page=4&s=0
HashtagLapsed
(07-29-2017, 04:23 AM)

New Japan really is in a crazy position. This year has been insane. Those guys have stepped up to take AJ and Nak's place in such a massove way it is scary. The promotion is even better than when they were there and they are two of the best workers around.
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 04:27 AM)

Including the side shows like Main Event, Curt Hawkins has 0 wins in his last 100 matches :'(

Guess he's just happy to be collecting a paycheck at this point.

EDIT: AJ Styles has won 39% of his matches in 2017. Wow.
RBH
(07-29-2017, 04:31 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGWqVJL_1M

sf2fanatic
(07-29-2017, 04:32 AM)

And Vince McMahon dancing since he won.

Oh wait, from the VERY SAME VIDEO EVEN

F'n Hogan botching the guitar playing
miserable
(07-29-2017, 04:32 AM)
I finally did it! I bought Yakuza 0! Who knows when will I get around to play it though.
Professor Beef
holds a doctorate in beef
(07-29-2017, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by RBH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGWqVJL_1M

Deep Deep Dish >>>> gross Hot and Ready pizzas
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 04:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Professor Beef

Deep Deep Dish >>>> gross Hot and Ready pizzas

Professor Beef admitting that Little Caesars is gross?

*Checks outside for locusts*
Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(07-29-2017, 04:39 AM)
I guarantee you the WWE Title match is gonna be a triple threat of Jinder vs Cena vs Nakamura. Nakamura wins and Corbin cashes in immediately.
FallingEdge
(07-29-2017, 04:40 AM)
Little Caesars is terrible.
Angry Grimace
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
(07-29-2017, 04:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Bronx-Man

I guarantee you the WWE Title match is gonna be a triple threat of Jinder vs Cena vs Nakamura. Nakamura wins and Corbin cashes in immediately.

They could complete the burial of Corbin by making him lose the cash in.

I assume they don't have bizzaro gimmicks like that in NJPW so I wonder what Nakamura would think if they told him that was the booking. "You win the title and then some dude steals it from you and it's considered legit."
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 04:43 AM)

With KO having a match with Shane, who is AJ going to defend the the US belt from?

EDIT: Oh god no. Orton.
Bronx-Man
In 16th century Japan, the African slave of a Jesuit priest rises to become a samurai in the service of its most powerful warlord, & faces the challenge of a corrupt general who is scheming to topple the warlord & rule in his place.
(07-29-2017, 04:44 AM)

With KO having a match with Shane, who is AJ going to defend the the US belt from?

EDIT: Oh god no. Orton.

Jericho?
Syder
(07-29-2017, 04:44 AM)

DRINK IT IN, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 04:45 AM)

Jericho?

Originally Posted by Syder

DRINK IT IN, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Ok yea that's better.
peaceland
(07-29-2017, 04:46 AM)

Originally Posted by miserable

I finally did it! I bought Yakuza 0! Who knows when will I get around to play it though.

Best game of 2017
sf2fanatic
(07-29-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by FallingEdge

Little Caesars is terrible.

Bite Bite. Sip Sip
Professor Beef
(07-29-2017, 05:15 AM)

Professor Beef admitting that Little Caesars is gross?

*Checks outside for locusts*

DDD is a Little Ceaser selection, but it's literally the only good pizza they have
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 05:19 AM)

DDD is a Little Ceaser selection, but it's literally the only good pizza they have

I'm so sorry that you live in some kind of backwater hellhole where the level of pizza quality is so low that you'd consider any variation of Little Caesars as edible. What a terrible place that must be.
Caspel
Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
(07-29-2017, 05:28 AM)
Expectations for Gunner when he finally debuts on NXT TV?
Professor Beef
(07-29-2017, 05:32 AM)

I'm so sorry that you live in some kind of backwater hellhole where the level of pizza quality is so low that you'd consider any variation of Little Caesars as edible. What a terrible place that must be.

It's kinda like reading your posts! *heel laughter*
serenewarfare
(07-29-2017, 05:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Caspel

Expectations for Gunner when he finally debuts on NXT TV?

Don't have them.

Gunner is mediocre.
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 05:38 AM)

It's kinda like reading your posts! *heel laughter*

Coming from someone who willingly eats and enjoys Little Caesars, I'll take that as a compliment.
Bronx-Man
(07-29-2017, 05:40 AM)
#TeamSinatar
half a moon
(07-29-2017, 05:42 AM)
#teamlittleceasers
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 05:42 AM)

Is that supposed to be Kurt Angle? Or did they accidently put Arn Anderson's head on Kurt Angle's body?
SallyIsNow
(07-29-2017, 05:46 AM)

Is that supposed to be Kurt Angle? Or did they accidently put Arn Anderson's head on Kurt Angle's body?

Dude. Kurt Angle looked REALLY awful in TNA.
HashtagLapsed
(07-29-2017, 06:00 AM)
Pyre seems cool and the soundtrack is awesome.
Spirit of Jazz
(07-29-2017, 06:05 AM)

Originally Posted by HashtagLapsed

Pyre seems cool and the soundtrack is awesome.

I can confirm this. It's not the greatest story ever but the character writing is second to none. Super Giant manage to nail understated story like nobody else.

I just want Omega vs Ibushi on a main event NJ level. I don't care about what titles they hold.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(07-29-2017, 06:12 AM)

I was gonna ask "when was Ryback in TNA?" :(
Sinatar
(07-29-2017, 06:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

I was gonna ask "when was Ryback in TNA?" :(

Can you imagine some poor kid on Christmas morning opening their presents and getting a Jeff Jarrett doll?

Is that what happened to OwenIsNow? Is that why he is the way he is?
HarryDemeanor
(07-29-2017, 06:20 AM)

Can you imagine some poor kid on Christmas morning opening their presents and getting a Jeff Jarrett doll?

Is that what happened to OwenIsNow? Is that why he is the way he is?

Merry Christmas Slap Nuts!
half a moon
(07-29-2017, 06:22 AM)
You guys don't own JJ dolls? I feel sorry for youins
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(07-29-2017, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by half a moon

You guys don't own JJ dolls? I feel sorry for youins

I miss buying toys. Like I'm being totally serious right now.

Now im bummed out :(

I guess videogames can be considered toys... :/
serenewarfare
(07-29-2017, 06:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Spirit of Jazz

I can confirm this. It's not the greatest story ever but the character writing is second to none. Super Giant manage to nail understated story like nobody else.

I just want Omega vs Ibushi on a main event NJ level. I don't care about what titles they hold.

I feel like it either be that or Omega vs. Cody at the Dome. Either way it's for the US Title.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(07-29-2017, 06:35 AM)
NJPW could replace Shibata's role pretty easily
Menome
(07-29-2017, 06:36 AM)

That just means it's time for that big push!