• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Kraftwerk
(02-27-2015, 12:46 AM)
Kraftwerk's Avatar
I agree Fuzzy.
Sober
Member
(02-27-2015, 12:48 AM)
Sober's Avatar
So as an experiment we should just trade off the entire roster with another for a season and see what happens?

(damn if only I were that rich)

edit: Kuro's just spamming my twitter feed with retweets now
shadowkat
Member
(02-27-2015, 01:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

I look forward to Clarkson doing very well in Columbus so it can prove that this city (MLSE/media/fans) is the problem. :)

Shush!
Eleuin
Member
(02-27-2015, 01:05 AM)
Eleuin's Avatar
Wasn't this guy supposed to be untradeable?

Crazy
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(02-27-2015, 01:10 AM)
Kave_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

I look forward to Clarkson doing very well in Columbus so it can prove that this city (MLSE/media/fans) is the problem. :)

Define "doing very well in Columbus"

He's only had one season where he scored 30 goals, other then that hasn't even hit 20 in a season.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=62180
mr.rager
Member
(02-27-2015, 01:19 AM)
mr.rager's Avatar
I'm not too well-versed in the leafs so was this clarkson guy the vernon wells of the maple leafs?
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(02-27-2015, 01:20 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sober

So as an experiment we should just trade off the entire roster with another for a season and see what happens?

(damn if only I were that rich)

edit: Kuro's just spamming my twitter feed with retweets now

His name was David Clarkson...
:')
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(02-27-2015, 01:24 AM)
Kave_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by mr.rager

I'm not too well-versed in the leafs so was this clarkson guy the vernon wells of the maple leafs?

Close.

I want you to imagine Vernon Wells as we knew him when he got traded.

Now imagine Vernon Wells decided to throw the ball with his left hand and decided to bat from the opposite side of the plate.

That's what David Clarkson was to us.
Junior Mint
Member
(02-27-2015, 01:58 AM)
Junior Mint's Avatar
Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.
Rinoa
Member
(02-27-2015, 03:38 AM)
Rinoa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Junior Mint

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.



just you wait for them 34 degree days with 90% humidity
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(02-27-2015, 03:58 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rinoa



just you wait for them 34 degree days with 90% humidity

Zynx
Member
(02-27-2015, 04:22 AM)
Thanks for the suggestions to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to find the oral syringes; the store did in fact have them, although they didn't have the curved tip that would've been ideal.

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Now the final question, Toronto? Scarberia? Asiancourt? Yawngh? ...Mimico? :/

Scarberia, I like it here, though. There's a very nice park in walking distance that I can take a pleasant walk around in the evenings whenever I feel like it during the warmer times of the year. It's something you really appreciate after having lived in places like Hong Kong and Tokyo.

I've been gradually clicking through the collection of photos in the OP and I like them a lot. Any links to the full-sized originals? (e: I guess I have to comb through the previous threads?)

And dogs > cats, since I'm allergic to the latter. But that only helps me more easily see the truth that cats are lazy moochers while dogs are actually your pals!
You Are Viewtiful
Member
(02-27-2015, 04:24 AM)
You Are Viewtiful's Avatar

Originally Posted by Junior Mint

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.

It was not even that cold today, didn't wear my scarf lol. I notice this thread gets more positive on warmer days. :) :)

Sunset times gone past 6PM yesss we're getting there! Going home in the dark is depressing.
-Pyromaniac-
(02-27-2015, 04:31 AM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
oh cool -30 tomorrow morning...




........................bring on the heat and humidity.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(02-27-2015, 04:44 AM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zynx

Thanks for the suggestions to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to find the oral syringes; the store did in fact have them, although they didn't have the curved tip that would've been ideal.

Scarberia, I like it here, though. There's a very nice park in walking distance that I can take a pleasant walk around in the evenings whenever I feel like it during the warmer times of the year. It's something you really appreciate after having lived in places like Hong Kong and Tokyo.

I've been gradually clicking through the collection of photos in the OP and I like them a lot. Any links to the full-sized originals? (e: I guess I have to comb through the previous threads?)

And dogs > cats, since I'm allergic to the latter. But that only helps me more easily see the truth that cats are lazy moochers while dogs are actually your pals!

So, dogs > cats...! :<



Eh, still part of #teamwarm. Come to the next meet up!

Originally Posted by You Are Viewtiful

It was not even that cold today, didn't wear my scarf lol. I notice this thread gets more positive on warmer days. :) :)
Sunset times gone past 6PM yesss we're getting there! Going home in the dark is depressing.

Not too cold, but still too cold for my liking

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac-

oh cool -30 tomorrow morning...




........................bring on the heat and humidity.

Take day off...need to go out for X-Ray....shit....
ahdurian
Member
(02-27-2015, 05:22 AM)
ahdurian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Close.

I want you to imagine Vernon Wells as we knew him when he got traded.

Now imagine Vernon Wells decided to throw the ball with his left hand and decided to bat from the opposite side of the plate.

That's what David Clarkson was to us.

legit
BigJonsson
Member
(02-27-2015, 05:58 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar
Ahem

Raccoon > cat > dog

Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(02-27-2015, 06:05 AM)

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

Ahem

Raccoon > cat > dog

BigJonsson
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:18 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar
Quick
Banned
(02-27-2015, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Junior Mint

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.

ONLY COMMIES DO THIS.

Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(02-27-2015, 06:41 AM)
That is one scary picture.
mr.rager
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:49 AM)
mr.rager's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Close.

I want you to imagine Vernon Wells as we knew him when he got traded.

Now imagine Vernon Wells decided to throw the ball with his left hand and decided to bat from the opposite side of the plate.

That's what David Clarkson was to us.

legit lol'd

Originally Posted by Junior Mint

Walked to and from work today in only a suit and my Burberry trench coat. Feeling dat team winter taking over.

chaobreaker
Member
(02-27-2015, 03:51 PM)
chaobreaker's Avatar
Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?
You Are Viewtiful
Member
(02-27-2015, 04:14 PM)
You Are Viewtiful's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

Do you mean everyone else is a filthy pirate? Yes :p
added_time
Member
(02-27-2015, 04:20 PM)
added_time's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

Were you listening to this album?



Toronto photo of the day:

source


Sashimi and maki

Sushi Couture (this is the only decent sushi in the Annex. Never get tricked into going to Sushi On Bloor by people who pretend to like sushi and then only order cucumber rolls)
Quick
Banned
(02-27-2015, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

That is one scary picture.

mr.rager
Member
(02-27-2015, 05:23 PM)
mr.rager's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

I actually see a lot of people with album art on their phones but within my group of friends, yup. I take organizing and labeling my music pretty seriously lol I get so pissed off when I look at my gf's iphone and see how unorganized and cluttered it is. and no album art!! ffuuuuuuuuu

EVERYTHING has to be properly tagged (artist name - album - track # - filename) and they all have to have album art.
Quick
Banned
(02-27-2015, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by mr.rager

I actually see a lot of people with album art on their phones but within my group of friends, yup. I take organizing and labeling my music pretty seriously lol I get so pissed off when I look at my gf's iphone and see how unorganized and cluttered it is. and no album art!! ffuuuuuuuuu

EVERYTHING has to be properly tagged (artist name - album - track # - filename) and they all have to have album art.

mr.rager and I have something in common (that isn't sports related). This is strange.

I let iTunes keep my files organized, with some editing on my end. Album art is a must. If the song isn't part of an album, I leave the Album field blank, but I dig around extensively to find out if it's been in any sort of compilation just so it has something. I also end up organizing music in soundtracks that aren't exclusive to the album to their respective albums.

I haven't had to do that recently with Spotify though.
flkraven
Member
(02-27-2015, 05:43 PM)
flkraven's Avatar
Already got some great suggestions from the deals thread, but I'm going to post here for more!:

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Video Games, Blurays, & Anime
-Comic Books and Manga
-Anime, Comic, and Gaming Figures and Statues
-Generally, anything having to do with games, comics, and anime (lol)

Thanks a bunch!
chaobreaker
Member
(02-27-2015, 05:54 PM)
chaobreaker's Avatar
Yussssss my cell phone kit finally came in the mail. Now I can replace the cracked back of my Nexus 4 with a replacement case that came in a week earlier. Just popped that bitch in and now my phone has a nice white frame. Looks so fresh.
dubq
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:28 PM)

Originally Posted by flkraven

Already got some great suggestions from the deals thread, but I'm going to post here for more!:

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Video Games, Blurays, & Anime
-Comic Books and Manga
-Anime, Comic, and Gaming Figures and Statues
-Generally, anything having to do with games, comics, and anime (lol)

Thanks a bunch!

Hmm, those streets do not intersect, lol.. which East/West street are you wandering on between the two? The first posts in this thread actually have a great listing of these types of shops to visit downtown.

A few I frequent:
Silver Snail - Yonge & Dundas
One Million Comix - Yonge & Wellesley
401 Games - Yonge & Wellesey
ahdurian
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:31 PM)
ahdurian's Avatar

Originally Posted by flkraven

Already got some great suggestions from the deals thread, but I'm going to post here for more!:

Heading to Toronto for a few hours tomorrow. I will be on foot, and will be wandering around younge and spadina. I made a list of places I want to hit, but I would love any suggestions in the area for the following items:

-Video Games, Blurays, & Anime
-Comic Books and Manga
-Anime, Comic, and Gaming Figures and Statues
-Generally, anything having to do with games, comics, and anime (lol)

Thanks a bunch!


A&C Games @ Spadina/College
AnimeXtreme @ Spadina/Baldwin (East side)
Iceman Games @ Spadina/Baldwin (West side; in Kensington Market) or @ Queen/Bathurst
flkraven
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:37 PM)
flkraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by dubq

Hmm, those streets do not intersect, lol.. which East/West street are you wandering on between the two? The first posts in this thread actually have a great listing of these types of shops to visit downtown.

I'm probably gonna take transit down bloor and queen between these streets
dubq
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by flkraven

I'm probably gonna take transit down bloor and queen between these streets

Cool cool, definitely check out those shops I posted. I especially love 401 Games' new location. They have soooo much space/stock now for any of your figure/card/boardgame needs. ;) Also the ones in ahdurian's post are great as well!
Eleuin
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:44 PM)
Eleuin's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

I'm like the only person who still owns a dedicated music playing device
BigJonsson
Member
(02-27-2015, 06:50 PM)
BigJonsson's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Do you ever feel like you're the only person on the bus/subway who has album art on your music playing machine?

The art shows up with spotify
mr.rager
Member
(02-27-2015, 07:07 PM)
mr.rager's Avatar

Originally Posted by Quick

mr.rager and I have something in common (that isn't sports related). This is strange.

I let iTunes keep my files organized, with some editing on my end. Album art is a must. If the song isn't part of an album, I leave the Album field blank, but I dig around extensively to find out if it's been in any sort of compilation just so it has something. I also end up organizing music in soundtracks that aren't exclusive to the album to their respective albums.

I haven't had to do that recently with Spotify though.

looooool we can put aside our differences when it comes to the weather when we're discussing how to organize music.

If the song isn't part of an album I just use the track title as the album, looks good when browsing through albums from an artist. I don't really use spotify as I find their library to be lacking. And Mediamonkey is godlike for organizing music, access to Amazon library from different parts of the world makes tagging albums soooo easy.

Originally Posted by Eleuin

I'm like the only person who still owns a dedicated music playing device

I still have my 2nd gen ipod touch! I just use it on my car though lol.

:edit:



my setup at home. Sennheiser HD650 + Magni and Modi DAC/Amp. Shit is soooooooo good. I eventually want to upgrade to a HD800 and a different DAC and Amp.
flkraven
Member
(02-27-2015, 07:13 PM)
flkraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by dubq

Hmm, those streets do not intersect, lol.. which East/West street are you wandering on between the two? The first posts in this thread actually have a great listing of these types of shops to visit downtown.

A few I frequent:
Silver Snail - Yonge & Dundas
One Million Comix - Yonge & Wellesley
401 Games - Yonge & Wellesey

Originally Posted by ahdurian

A&C Games @ Spadina/College
AnimeXtreme @ Spadina/Baldwin (East side)
Iceman Games @ Spadina/Baldwin (West side; in Kensington Market) or @ Queen/Bathurst

Originally Posted by dubq

Cool cool, definitely check out those shops I posted. I especially love 401 Games' new location. They have soooo much space/stock now for any of your figure/card/boardgame needs. ;) Also the ones in ahdurian's post are great as well!

Thanks for the help guys!
Roto13
Member
(02-27-2015, 08:48 PM)
Roto13's Avatar
For games, try Game Centre on Yonge and Charles. (Just south of Bloor, in a small shopping centre.)
Rinoa
Member
(02-27-2015, 09:47 PM)
Rinoa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

For games, try Game Centre on Yonge and Charles. (Just south of Bloor, in a small shopping centre.)

That tiny hole is still around?
ahdurian
Member
(02-27-2015, 10:15 PM)
ahdurian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rinoa

That tiny hole is still around?

yeah. i actually loved going there before. then it got too far for me
Roto13
Member
(02-27-2015, 10:59 PM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rinoa

That tiny hole is still around?

They moved to a slightly larger space in the same location.

Unless I see a specific deal advertised somewhere else, Game Centre is still my favourite place to buy games. Though the weak dollar and game price increases have made shopping for games anywhere a drag.
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(02-27-2015, 11:02 PM)
Kave_Man's Avatar
Hey everyone!

Today is the birthday of Toronto-GAF member BigJonsson.

Be sure to wish him a happy one!

Happy bday Jonsson.
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(02-27-2015, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Hey everyone!

Today is the birthday of Toronto-GAF member BigJonsson.

Be sure to wish him a happy one!

Happy bday Jonsson.

I choose to repeat post #218.
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(02-27-2015, 11:10 PM)
EvilMario's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

They moved to a slightly larger space in the same location.

Unless I see a specific deal advertised somewhere else, Game Centre is still my favourite place to buy games. Though the weak dollar and game price increases have made shopping for games anywhere a drag.

They're still fine, but their retro selection of anything past last generation is minimal now. It's sad, because when I first started going there they had a massive collection of older stuff. I guess they don't see many old trade ins anymore and don't go hunting for them much. Thankfully there are actually a few options for retro in the city now. Game Mania is my new personal favourite. Yes, you're still paying the Canadian premium you'll find at Iceman and A&C though. It should be noted for people in other parts of the city, Game Centre has a (much smaller) location on St Clair West and one on the Danforth too. Charles is definitely the main location and the easiest to reach for most.
User 479360
Banned
(02-27-2015, 11:27 PM)
A few things:

1) Buh-bye Clarkson! I welcome the cap space.

2) It's pretty nice out today. Or, at least was.

3) Cats >> Dogs

4) I hate the city. Drove into Toronto the other day and couldn't wait to leave.
shadowkat
Member
(02-27-2015, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Hey everyone!

Today is the birthday of Toronto-GAF member BigJonsson.

Be sure to wish him a happy one!

Happy bday Jonsson.

Happy birthday!
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(02-28-2015, 12:49 AM)
Cats are assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyijPE6P6E
Divvy
Canadians burned my passport
(02-28-2015, 12:52 AM)
Divvy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Hey everyone!

Today is the birthday of Toronto-GAF member BigJonsson.

Be sure to wish him a happy one!

Happy bday Jonsson.

Happy Birthday!
User 479360
Banned
(02-28-2015, 01:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Cats are assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyijPE6P6E

Bah

Thread Tools