• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

cj_iwakura

Haruka 9 to 20yo
e8e80724.jpg
I understand that Yakuza 6 is all about Kiryu, but they should have given Haruka one more shot at being a protagonist
instead of a mother. Damn ballsy narrative move, though.

I'm so glad Majima gets his own chapter and side content in this. Part of what I didn't like so much about him in Kiwami was that he was just a more eccentric version of Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 when it boils down to it, while here he'll get far more screen time to flesh his character out. Plus from what has been shown so far he'll be more like his pre 0 self personality wise, which should make for some really entertaining moments (just like in Dead Souls - for me Majima was easily the high point due to his crazy personality).
Still have no idea how they'll tie Makoto into it though, be interesting to see what hoops they jump through to tie her into the story.

Gacha-pin

I understand that Yakuza 6 is all about Kiryu, but they should have given Haruka one more shot at being a protagonist
instead of a mother. Damn ballsy narrative move, though.

6's story is all about the relationship between Kiryu and Haruka, not all about Kiryu.

Big One

Banned
Oh god the Saejima prison parts were pretty terrible. Characters are good for the most part but in terms of gameplay they were a slog. The escape was awesome, though. And I actually don't mind the slow paced hunting stuff either though I might wait post-game to get to it.

Oh god the Saejima prison parts were pretty terrible. Characters are good for the most part but in terms of gameplay they were a slog. The escape was awesome, though. And I actually don't mind the slow paced hunting stuff either though I might wait post-game to get to it.

What I find funny about Seijima's chapter 1&2 stuff in the prison is that it seems almost universal dislike for the drawn out, pointless nature of certain parts of it. Makes me wonder how that was never picked up in planning/play testing stages as I don't think I can recall anyone really enjoying it. I'd personally have merged the first two chapters into 1 - scaled back/ditched the dream sequences while keeping the whole Kugihara plot points (he's such an evil SOB). However the only thing that messes up my theory is that while long in the tooth the dream sequences and dialogue between your cell mates is very important for two really good side stories in Seijima's 4th chapter.
The other issue is that Seijima's 4th chapter has roughly 75% of his overall content included, so you'll do two really linear slow chapters, one in the town (which I loved due to the hunting and beautiful setting) then get tons of content thrown at you along with Seijima's main story. Pacing is definitely a problem here.

I can't really hate on Seijima though. I love his personality and friendship with his cellmates, the hunting then all the stuff you can do in the city. I just wish it was paced slightly better is all.

So glad that
Etsuko
is back. She cracked me up in 0 and was an incredibly useful character in the club battles. I'm interested to see where her story goes in this one (I'm guessing you'll have a bunch of new side missions where you recruit new girls to the club)

Big One

Banned
Just finished the Saejima chapter. It was a slog all the way through right till the very end. Tbh I have no idea why t hey throw all of the sidequests and the big town in the final chapter of his part. Never got nearly enough time to explore it.

Chesskid1

Banned
i went to a PX (basically an army department store) and they had 3 copies of yakuza 0 launch edition for sale..

tempted to buy it and just keep it sealed somewhere, since it already goes for $100+ on ebay sealed.... dat yakuza hype

Sallokin

i went to a PX (basically an army department store) and they had 3 copies of yakuza 0 launch edition for sale..

tempted to buy it and just keep it sealed somewhere, since it already goes for $100+ on ebay sealed.... dat yakuza hype

Where are you stationed? My Bx (Air Force ^_^) has a few as well.

This is the same tgs demo but showing the whole Majima part.
https://youtu.be/RmAMd5H17fU

No road blocks to Champion district (チャンピオン街) and Kouenmae street (公園前通り)!! No Little Asia though.

Probably no bowling place in Kamurocho and everybody's favorite mini game pachinko is absent too.

Clan creator
https://youtu.be/vjMJs6ywiCA

Cool stuff about no road blocks for Champion District. Finally get to visit Shellac again! Pity about Bowling though, I did always enjoy that mini game. Not to bothered about Pachinko ultimately though, I mean I love the attention to detail in it, but actually playing those mini games weren't exactly any fun.

Fjordson

This thread was great. Yakuza is one of the things GAF introduced me to and I’ll always be thankful for that.

Hope to see y’all on the other side.

Top Bottom