• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Premium Fact Sheet Leaked

Jinaar

This is like being a Premium Member for United Airlines. Server Queue Priority! To the front of the line and screw you hippies.

MajorPain

I am not sure who will sign up. I am already bored with the game.

The game is no eye candy and people seem to move on when something new with flashy graphics comes out.

I agree they are about 8 months late with this package. And since it is BF3 you also need to rent a server to use your new maps.

TCRS

Banned
It's a good deal, it's cheaper than buying the four DLCs separately, but I just don't like the idea this whole "premium" stuff is going.

If this would have been available during the release of the game, I probably would have bought it. But now, I am not sure if I will bite. I plan to buy all the packs except for close quarters, but it depends on if I keep playing the game as much as I do in the future.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yeah, it's obvious now that the complaints are about the console version. On PC there's still an insane number of servers, many of which are constantly full. I've had no shortage of fun with the game and have no problem buying more maps for it.

Jinaar

Btw, for those that double dipped or even tripled dipped, do you have to buy this per console/pc or does this attach to your EA account and you have all this access on all three platforms? I tried to read but saw nothing.

MajorPain

EA, Activision, Rockstar, Ubisoft. All of them are charging for these passes. Fans buy them. They are the ultimate in horse armor.

The problem is they should have offered it day one not after the game has been out for 8 months. As usual EA is being deceptive what are you getting if you already bought maps and + the fact you now need to rent a server to play on xbox live.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Which is a bigger scam? Collector's editions with plastic statues and art books for $40-$90 more or paying $60 up front and then $30-$50 later for DLC. If EA had charged $100 at the launch of BF3 for all of this content, I would have bitten for just the game and all DLC over any trinkets. But in its current state with major balance issues, no sale.

DenogginizerOS

Yeah, it's obvious now that the complaints are about the console version. On PC there's still an insane number of servers, many of which are constantly full. I've had no shortage of fun with the game and have no problem buying more maps for it.
Finding a friendly pc server devoid of aim-bots has been the challenge for me. Seeing people at 56-1 at the end of matches using a PP20 from long range is not my idea of fun.

DenogginizerOS

EA saw the success of CoD Elite Premium and thought "me too."
They also went against the original design of Battlefield games in order to lure in the twitchers and bunny hoppers of the CoD ilk. This franchise has fallen so far for me. Really frustrating to witness and experience.

vixlar

If Back to Karkand brought 10 new weapons, and Close Quarters will bring antoher 10, that's all the 20 new weapons? (And that means no Carl Gustav, noooo)

So, what's the use of 30+ assignments?

In the case I would be a presuntous person... how the other people would notice I have a black knife. I want a sword!!! Or a dildo... imagine kill your opponent with a dildo... if you know what I mean.

I want a gadget so the engineer is not that useless in infantry maps, Carl Gustav or a Flamethrower... or a lightsaber.. that would be cool...

Klyka

Banned
Did someone just say BF3 is no eye candy?
I'm pretty sure that game sold a TON of 580s and other cards.
A TON.

No one seems to have an answer yet but how does the Sony paid one week DLC work witht his? If you pay for the package and you are on PC or 360 do you not get it early and still have to wait a week. Or does the Sony deal with EA not count for this?

I want to get all the DLCs for BF3, I really do... But I just can't support such a game, a developer and a publisher anymore.

Each DLC pack (there will be 5) will be very expensive (about half of what the base-game STILL costs) and will contain only 4 maps. I'd also like to see many more weapons in the game, but 20 is still too few. And yes, it would be nice to see many more camos and accessories etc, but why should we pay for a few camos?

The problem gets bigger however with this player fragmentation they attempt. Seriously, this Elite thing does not only provide the DLCs and some extra crap for the fanbase, but it will affect people who do not buy it at all. Just read the second column of "extras". Server queue priority? Exclusive double XP weekends and events?

Sorry, but I can't pay for the game a second time, especially because it's still a bugfest and Dice addresses problems once every 2 months. Whenever I quit from a server and join another, I have to turn off both the game and Origin, because I have to close the game "running in the background" and "bf3.exe has stopped working". The M26-Dart glitch is still going strong, hackers and cheaters roam freely and change nicknames after every match to avoid being reported, Punkbuster does not work half the time and sometimes bans innocent people, some players do not know how to play resulting in a complete and utter lack of teamwork, and last but not least, the greatest portion of the community consists of jackasses who feel entitled to criticize you based on your K/D ratio.

Even though the last points do not contribute to actual gameplay, they contribute to the actual BF3 experience - and it's somewhat poor. I'll probably get the first DLC a couple of weeks after it launches, wait for another patch, and see how the game fares until Autumn, then I'll either keep playing or just forget about it.

Pie Lord

I don't understand the backlash against this at all. If someone is planning on buying all four of the upcoming expansions, what good reason is there not to purchase this?

I feel bad for BF fans, the population is going to split so badly

BF fans are used to it.

Battlefield-2+SF+EF+AF1.jpg

That's nº5 I believe lol

U2NUMB

So if all the DLC packs were going to cost 15 dollars it would be 75 bucks and even 60 if you already own B2K which most BF3 players do so I do not see the issue here IF you were going to buy it all anyways.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
No one seems to have an answer yet but how does the Sony paid one week DLC work witht his? If you pay for the package and you are on PC or 360 do you not get it early and still have to wait a week. Or does the Sony deal with EA not count for this?

This is the same concern and a lot of other game journos have, too. Does this mean PS3 players will get a 4-week headstart compared to PC, Xbox 360? Possible...I mean, Call of Duty has been doing this for years.

While I'm most likely getting this, this would be a whole lot better if EA integrated this into all their FPS'. What's next? Medal of Honor Premium? Bad Company Premium? Why not just name it "Gun Club Premium" and have it cover all major FPS'...

jet1911

How can you say this if we know nothing of the other expansions yet?

If all end up being like Closed Quarters then it's money wasted. Hell, even if just 1 of those ends up sucking it'll be money wasted.

Except if you are like me and really like CQC in Battlefiled 3 ;)

Phinor

I don't understand the backlash against this at all. If someone is planning on buying all four of the upcoming expansions, what good reason is there not to purchase this?

My personal reason is this: it's much cheaper to buy the DLC packs individually. You can find deals for those (I paid around 8€ for Close Quarters) but I'm doubtful you can find a deal for this premium pack. They are also adding exclusive paid bonuses to a multiplayer game and that's always a bad idea. Regarding the price point, I pre-ordered BF3 for 25€ from Origin and now they are asking double that for DLC packs. Sure, it's quite a lot of content but do they even have the player base to run the game with close to 40 maps and various game types. On top of that, the € price is pretty ridiculous. I really wish I could pay my PC DLC with MS points to drop the price from 50€ to somewhere in the 30€ range. So various reasons as to why the price tag isn't all that great and how they are countering the asking price (by giving exclusive bonuses to a multiplayer game).

The final reason I hate this is that they basically delay the access to DLC for us non-premium members by extra two weeks on top of the one week delay PS3 causes. It's almost like EA doesn't want anyone to buy DLC for the game unless they go for the premium pack and I'm never going to do that considering the price tag.

How can you say this if we know nothing of the other expansions yet?

If all end up being like Closed Quarters then it's money wasted. Hell, even if just 1 of those ends up sucking it'll be money wasted.

LOL CQ looks dope. Problem?

I have a ton of games I bought on Steam for $60 that I haven't touched yet. Why bitch about getting a buttload of content for a game I already put about 700 hours into and still love to death. Best FPS of the last couple of years.

so, if you have b2k, then it comes out to about 12.50 per map pack.

That's probably cheaper then it will be individually.

only problem is that I don't give a shit about the cqc maps....I don't play battlefield for cqc shit.

So that's 3 map packs for 49.99. That's a lot of money.

StUnNeR H2K

I didn't complain or care to much about the online pass, but this on top of it? How much more money do you need to dish out to get all the features a game has to offer? This is something they should have had planned out before release.

Glass Rebel

Doesn't sound like a worse deal than similar passes or CoD Elite or am I missing something?

I didn't complain or care to much about the online pass, but this on top of it? How much more money do you need to dish out to get all the features a game has to offer? This is something they should have had planned out before release.

It's funny that you think they didn't.

Top Bottom