• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox-One was a shadow of the 360 glories!

RAIDEN1

Out of the multiple consoles I have, I decided to start up the xbox-one as it's been a while since it was last used, you tend to find the PS4 gets the lion share of the great games/exclusives but the xbox-1 not so much...and it got me thinking back in the prime of the 360 you had the Halo's the Virtua Fighter's, the great XBLA content, as well as the usual staples of Forza and Gears of war, you had the ability to play some of the best entries in the MGS franchise with the HD reboot, Mass Effect entries were always the stand out titles...Burnout...

But now for me outside of Forza and Halo there's not much else on the Xbox-One to go for....XBLA is a shadow of it's former self, Pro Evo can't be updated, Full Throttle never got a conversion, it just doesn't have that "aura" about it, like the 360 had...(for want of a better word) there's still no full compatibility with the 360 back catalogue, the recent introduction of the Xbox original back catalogue is welcome, but where is Jade Empire? Republic Commando?

So the Xbox-1-x maybe all the rage at the moment, and it's certainly got the power under the hood, but apart from flashy bells and whistles, there's got to be MORE to it than that....where's the exclusives....the killer app...(outside of forza) .....

Just sharing my thoughts on the topic...

Outrun

Did this really require a thread?

I respect your opinion, but I also enjoyed Halo Wars 2, SSO, and Forza Horizon 2 an 3, Ori,and Killer Instinct also.

I don't want to devolve into list wars. But I enjoy the Xbox ecosystem. I also have nothing bad to say about Sony and Nintendo, who are caning it this gen.

giphy.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its not that much different to ps4 both have there pros and cons but there even more similar then last gen.

rmatheso

I just got a PS4 and am having the opposite problem. My Xbox ONE is LOADED. Multiplats, 360 games, OG games, HALO MCC etc.....

Loaded up the PS4 and they have all the same multiplats, tried a few exclusive demos (gravity rush 2, Nier Automata, Uncharted collection etc...) It's alright, Nier was pretty interesting and Uncharted was a nice upgrade from the PS3 versions... The only demo I really liked was The Deadly Tower of Monsters.

I realize the PS4 has more exclusives and is a bit more powerful than the OG ONE... but the lack of BC does hurt it a bit for my tastes. I'd like to play God of War 3 and I have to re-buy the game again! Same with Uncharted 1-3! I'll try the PS NOW trial soon and see how that goes.. but, yeah..i'm not paying extra for that... there just seems to be so few games and I am interested in playing... which I did not expect.

Looking forward to God of War and Fire Pro Wrestling World. I'll probably pick up Uncharted 1-3 and Horizon on the Black Friday sale anyways.

I usually end up owning both Sony and Xbox consoles to play everything anyways..

If you don't have a high-end PC there are a lot of exclusive games. If you have a PC (Microsoft Windows) then your already have an Xbox.

Microsoft wants you to choose either Windows/Xbox/ or both if you wanna play "anywhere".

Cuphead
Ori 1&2
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 2 & 3
Gears 4
Dead Rising 3 & 4
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Recore
Quantum Break
PUBG
Forza 5, 6, 7
Halo Wars
Ryse
State of Decay 1&2
D4
Titanfall
Rare Replay
Sea of Thieves

----- Now add all the biggest third parties
Destiny 1&2, CODs, Battlefronts, Assasins Creeds, Fallout, Doom, Overwatch, Fornite, blah blah blah

----- Now add hundred of old 360 games
Red Dead Redemption, Assasins Creads, Gears, Halos

----- Now add xbox og games
Ninja Gaiden

The xbox one is a really good console. If you only have a XB1 you have hundres of games to play

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Do you really need big exclusives when you have the best version of third party games? Wasn’t that the real key to the 360s success?

Xbox brand is dead tbh, you'll se it spiral downward into the insignificance over the next few years, and then utterly quiet disappear from the surface. Thank god we have at least some competition in the console market now. Give Sony a monopoly and they would screw everything up.

If you don't have a high-end PC there are a lot of exclusive games. If you have a PC (Microsoft Windows) then your already have an Xbox.

Microsoft wants you to choose either Windows/Xbox/ or both if you wanna play "anywhere".

Cuphead
Ori 1&2
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 2 & 3
Gears 4
Dead Rising 3 & 4
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Recore
Quantum Break
PUBG
Forza 5, 6, 7
Halo Wars
Ryse
State of Decay 1&2
D4
Titanfall
Rare Replay
Sea of Thieves
Even if you don't have a PC hardly any of the exclusives are worth it.

I loved my 360, have never felt a pang of want for a XBONE since the announcement that made me cancel the pre-order I had for it and switch for a PS4.

It's pretty incredible that Microsoft have gutted their internal/second party studios so thoroughly. There's basically nothing of killer app quality left, bar Forza I suppose.

rmatheso

Do you really need big exclusives when you have the best version of third party games? Wasn’t that the real key to the 360s success?
The 3rd Party games are where it is at... you can't tell me the majority of players are picking up a PS Pro for Danganronpa and not Call of Duty.

The same can be said about the PS4 tbh.
Nah, own a PC, Switch, PS4, Rift, PSVR, Vita, 3DS, Wii U, and One and the only one that never received play time is my One because of its titles, and this is with me playing games it shares on PC on it.

I'm gonna start using it again because I got Gold for a buck and Halo 5 is excellent.

Nah, own a PC, Switch, PS4, Rift, PSVR, Vita, 3DS, Wii U, and One and the only one that never received play time is my One because of its titles, and this is with me playing games it shares on PC on it.

I'm gonna start using it again because I got Gold for a buck and Halo 5 is excellent.

And I have PS4, XB, N64, GC, SN.

My most played console is of course: XB.

Opinions, preferences.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Am I the only one feeling that there’s a lot Xbox trash talking goin around after the positive receiving of the One X.

People talking about exclusives, yet the most sold games are third parties. And to say Xbox One has no exclusives is a joke that went way too far. You don’t like the exclusives, we get it, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any.

PS4 has no exclusives I’m really interested in, that doesn’t make me say that it has no exclusives.

I'm not going to lie, I am a huge PlayStation enthusiast. I love what PlayStation does and think they get it right. At the very least, for me, they cater to all my gaming needs.

That being said, I've always had a second console throughout the years. When I had my PS1, I also had a MegaDrive and a Jaguar. With my PS2 I had a DreamCast and GameCube and with PS3, I did also have a Wii.

I barely had any games for the consoles I mentioned, but the one thing they all had in common is that they all played games that I can't get on PlayStation.

AvP was great on Jaguar, although I had Doom and Wolfenstein on Jag rather than PlayStation. Streets of Rage, Sonic and Toejam & Earl on MegaDrive, as well as a host of other 16 bit classics. Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and Power Stone. I had the Resident Evil games on GameCube and that was literally it. The Wii I owned only for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil Chronicles and House of the Dead Overkill, three of which came over to PS3.

The problem with XBOX is that it's never sold me on the games. Eventually many of them originally exclusive to the console come out elsewhere, Mass Effect and Bioshock being great examples. But the Microsoft first party line-up just does nothing for me. The closest they came was Alan Wake, which I can get on PC and Scale Bound which is cancelled.

Having all their exclusives on PC really doesn't give me any reason to own an XBOX. I haven't got the money to invest in a Pro and a 4K TV so I won't be upgrading till the next generation or for the Pro to become much more affordable. So they can't get me on graphics. Visually I still think games from this generation are very impressive so it doesn't much bother me.

My fiancee wants a Switch for Zelda, so we'll get one of those. But Microsoft is literally lacking in reasons for me to specifically need an XBOX.

And I have PS4, XB, N64, GC, SN.

My most played console is of course: XB.

Opinions, preferences.
Damn, four consoles right there with better libraries than the One.

I can get behind why someone would play the One, but that library is meh and when people are propping up Quantum Mistake and ReCore as good games... Yikes.

I've not bought into either of the upgraded consoles. Don't have a 4k tv and I can still play all the same games. Small boosts to framerate and iq here and there just aren't worth buying a new console to me.

Am I the only one feeling that there’s a lot Xbox trash talking goin around after the positive receiving of the One X.

People talking about exclusives, yet the most sold games are third parties. And to say Xbox One has no exclusives is a joke that went way too far. You don’t like the exclusives, we get it, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any.

PS4 has no exclusives I’m really interested in, that doesn’t make me say that it has no exclusives.

Do you know why they call it an Xbox One? Because it has only one exclusive worth mentioning.

Damn, four consoles right there with better libraries than the One.

I can get behind why someone would play the One, but that library is meh and when people are propping up Quantum Mistake and ReCore as good games... Yikes.

Do you think GC has a better library than ONE? Really?? Are you being serious?

Let me just remind you that GC lacks third-party games.

BANGS

Banned
Xbox brand is dying. They have no exclusives and fanbase is waning. Microsoft seems to even be trying to get it's fans to move on to PC...

That's not to say that the Xbox itself isn't a decent console. If you don't own a PC or PS4, there's plenty of fun to be had with it. But if you do own either of those, it's a pretty lame investment...

Do you know why they call it an Xbox One? Because it has only one exclusive worth mentioning.

It doesn't even have one...

Xbox brand is dying. They have no exclusives and fanbase is waning. Microsoft seems to even be trying to get it's fans to move on to PC...

That's not to say that the Xbox itself isn't a decent console. If you don't own a PC or PS4, there's plenty of fun to be had with it. But if you do own either of those, it's a pretty lame investment...

It doesn't even have one...

At this point, you are just trolling

Is that allowed?

I honestly couldn't care less. I just find it funny that you contradict yourself in your eagerness to be the new cool kid.
ITT: this kid doesn't own an Xbox One and assumes that people who own more than one console can't use more than one.

Sorry Jane. I didn't contradict myself by saying I own and use a PS4. I did however, say I'm gonna use my Xbox One. A system which you don't have. :(

Find my contradiction though. Why would I use a PS4 when I have a PC that has all the Xbox games? Because it actually has exclusives. See, that wasn't so hard!

It's ok. I know this post is too long and hard for you, so lemme help you.

Hurr Durr saaaallltttttt

rmatheso

This is just worthless talk at this point. I played Recore and Sunset Overdrive and enjoyed both. Played through Knights of The Old Republic and enjoyed it.

I'm not going to rip the switch because I haven't played it. I'm sure Super Mario is fun too.

This is just worthless talk at this point. I played Recore and Sunset Overdrive and enjoyed both. Played through Knights of The Old Republic and enjoyed it.

I'm not going to rip the switch because I haven't played it. I'm sure Super Mario is fun too.
Did you play Ninja Gaiden tho

TBiddy

ITT: this kid doesn't own an Xbox One and assumes that people who own more than one console can't use more than one.

Sorry Jane. I didn't contradict myself by saying I own and use a PS4. I did however, say I'm gonna use my Xbox One. A system which you don't have. :(

Find my contradiction though. Why would I use a PS4 when I have a PC that has all the Xbox games? Because it actually has exclusives. See, that wasn't so hard!

It's ok. I know this post is too long and hard for you, so lemme help you.

Hurr Durr saaaallltttttt

You claim to own a PS4 that you use.
You later asked why you would use a PS4, when you had a PC.

If you can't see the contradiction, you should ask an adult.

You claim to own a PS4 that you use.
You later asked why you would use a PS4, when you had a PC.

If you can't see the contradiction, you should ask an adult.
Yes, I use my PS4 for exclusives.

The gist of your asinine argument was that the Xbox, a system with less exclusives and that is doing so poorly in comparison in sales to the console you brought up that Microsoft stopped reporting sales, is superior in some way which you don't mention. You act like this is an Xbox One vs PS4 thing when, because I am said adult you are talking about, I have a desktop that is capable of playing every Xbox One game except the one I said I'm going to play in Halo 5. Why am I not sad because the Switch or Wii U or Vita or any interchangeable system?

Again, too long of a post, so here:

Saaaallltttttt!

Btw, what's your GamerTag?

TBiddy

Yes, I use my PS4 for exclusives.

Btw, what's your GamerTag?

Sure thing, buddy. You just reek of angry fanboy, that can't cope with the One X being the superior console. Give it a few years.

My gamertag is none of your business. I don't hand it out to kids.

Wow. Hope these haters realize that the goal of having a console is to play games, and we can do that with the XB :p and hundreds of games to choose.

Blam

I mean sure it is but the 360 came in as a powerhouse, and the XB1 had a shitty launch just like the PS3 did when it first came out.

What do you expect?

wipeout364

Xbox started this gen in a bad way with Mattrick at the helm and the Kinect focus. That said I use my Xbox as much or more than my PS4 . Backwards compatibility while not perfect is great, and honestly the exclusives Sony have are good but not great in most cases except uncharted. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy both but XBox is great and your choice to not use it is really just your decision and not any major failing of the system nowadays

Top Bottom