• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

As a fan of loadouts and armor abilities I'm pretty optimistic. Whats messed up here is that what makes Halo truly Halo varies from player to player, a major drawback to a series that provides so damn much with each new installment.

But the series needs to evolve and there is absolutely no way that's going to happen without just about everybody being shocked and a little disappointed.

I've got to wonder whether we'll see an Arena like system in Halo 4. Something tailored to the most competitive types while allowing other playlists to loosen up and provide more instant gratification game modes.

kylej

Banned
we are trying to show him that we are disappointed without going all kylej on his ass

whoa whoa I don't dislike nor am I angry at Frankie. Frankie has the hardest job of anybody, he's the first one against the wall when news drops. The fact that the dude posts at all in this goofy thread is pretty surprising.

We'll never know, but if I had to bet, I'd say Microsoft execs looked at their takeover of the Halo franchise, looked at the money CoD was making Activision, and then made some demands to 343 as to what the game should be like. Not Frankie's fault, and not really 343's fault.

I'm not pleased with any of the new information though.

senador

Banned
yeah, so we are scapegoating the hell out of Frankie, but I'm seriously disappointed that armor abilities and loadouts are back, and as Franchise Development Director, Frankie does have some influence over this game

That doesn't mean he intervenes on every single decision, not should he. He obviously believes in the team and the game. Plus, this is all out of context and we still don't know that much. So yeah, those memes are dumb. ;)

I think I asked for this once and someone did it, but I don't know how to find it. I remember asking someone to make a .gif of Marty walking in on Frankie and forcing him to lower his head in shame. It was an awesome .gif.

Oozer3993

There is not a single bit of information in that article that I don't like.
Except for Firefight being put down.
And I love most of it. Is it November yet?

You haven't played the fucking game yet

Dude, he's heard impressions of the vague first magazine preview. That's exactly like playing the game.

Tunavi

Banned
whoa whoa I don't dislike nor am I angry at Frankie. Frankie has the hardest job of anybody, he's the first one against the wall when news drops. The fact that the dude posts at all in this goofy thread is pretty surprising.

We'll never know, but if I had to bet, I'd say Microsoft execs looked at their takeover of the Halo franchise, looked at the money CoD was making Activision, and then made some demands to 343 as to what the game should be like. Not Frankie's fault, and not really 343's fault.

Yeah I'm not calling you out at all, I was just saying you are being are very aggressive about how you feel about the new information. It's a good thing because someone had be blunt about how disappointed we are

Myyke

Neo Member
Having had a chance to read the GI article in full now I think it is worth pointing out that while the article does make a point of detailing the new features and aspects of Halo 4, there are instances where the writer notes that both multiplayer and campaign certainly retained the feel of previous Halo titles. NullPointer sums it up perfectly though, Halo varies so much between us that anything 343 does is going to rub some of us up the wrong way.

I personally have no issues with anything I read in the article and I am also very optimistic. I am particularly hyped about Multiplayer's integration into the overall story and I really like what I'm reading about Spartan Ops. I only hope that there has been some kind of improvement in the co-op netcode; if it wasn't for the unbearable lag I would have probably ended up spending most of my time in Reach playing Firefight and Campaign Co-Op.

Having had a chance to read the GI article in full now I think it is worth pointing out that while the article does make a point of detailing the new features and aspects of Halo 4, there are instances where the writer notes that both multiplayer and campaign certainly retained the feel of previous Halo titles. NullPointer sums it up perfectly though, Halo varies so much between us that anything 343 does is going to rub some of us up the wrong way.

I personally have no issues with anything I read in the article and I am also very optimistic. I am particularly hyped about the Multiplayer's integration into the overall story and I really like what I'm reading about Spartan Ops. I only hope that there has been some kind of improvement in the co-op netcode; if it wasn't for the unbearable lag I would have probably ended up spending most of my time in Reach playing Firefight and Campaign Co-Op.

What did you think about the images, looks incredible right?

senador

Banned

Maybe, but I doubt it. Whether HaloGAF admits it or not, there are plenty of players (noobs and BKs or not) out there that liked some of what Reach brought to the table. When making this new game, they have to look at those things and see how they can bring those over and make them better. I don't think it's so much chasing after CoD as it is trying to bring in elements that are conventional to multiplayer games these days, but do it in a way that works with Halo. Games usually have things added and progress. As mush as HaloGAF and others wanted Halo 4 stripped back, it just didn't ever seem very likely.

We should wait for more details. I'd imagine they have their bases covered and will have a game that's still very much Hako, just with newer elements. Hopefully they are presented well and are balanced, and it not they react and make changes accordingly.

Myyke

Neo Member
What did you think about the images, looks incredible right?

They looked absolutely amazing, I honestly didn't think 343 were going to make such a huge push forwards graphics-wise and it is an extremely pleasant surprise!

I hope we get a hires version of the picture with the Warthog planet-side at the bottom right of the 6th page of the article (GI page 43), I can't tell if it is an in-game screenshot but that vista is just absolutely jaw dropping! That image in particular stirred up my memories of first setting foot on Halo and looking out towards the horizon, just so alien and expansive.

They looked absolutely amazing, I honestly didn't think 343 were going to make such a huge push forwards graphics-wise and it is an extremely pleasant surprise!

I hope we get a hires version of the picture with the Warthog planet-side at the bottom right of the 6th page of the article (GI page 43), I can't tell if it is an in-game screenshot but that vista is just absolutely jaw dropping! That image in particular stirred up my memories of first setting foot on Halo and looking out towards the horizon, just so alien and expansive.

I think that was concept art, but let's hope it is mirrored in game, really wanna see that floating Alien squid though.

feel

I just wanna play it for myself so bad.
Same. Those first person gameplay screenshots inside the forward unto dawn are bonerific and I really wanted to be playing then and there instead of looking at scans.

I really hope strafe, jump and base run speed are not getting nerfed to justify the AAs again. :(

You won't be able to see new files uploaded on Bungie.net (obviously). Waypoint hasn't got the feature in place yet but you will be able to see your fileshare uploads on Waypoint sometime in the summer (I think).
Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I can keep adding polish to the mode until Summer.

I have to admit, the 'Hydranockz 4$ an hour' one tickled me

You won't be able to see new files uploaded on Bungie.net (obviously). Waypoint hasn't got the feature in place yet but you will be able to see your fileshare uploads on Waypoint sometime in the summer (I think).

Ok that one was brilliant lol.

Overdoziz

Banned
Haha, what. I'm placed in the Silver division. I've practically played every match in Arena with Kyle and he gets Gold. I think I've lost 2 games total. <3 Arena

feel

dax

dixO9H2H9EZUm.gif

daedalius

I see the thread is still delivering delicious hyperbole each page.

Valid, reasonable criticisms are enjoyable to read however.

Will continue to skim and look for actual news.

Haha, what. I'm placed in the Silver division. I've practically played every match in Arena with Kyle and he gets Gold. I think I've lost 2 games total. <3 Arena

The inconsistencies and lack of transparency is why I didn't touch the Arena, I always joked that you could win all your games and still end up in Gold, I didnt actually think it was really that bad though lol.

kylej

Banned
The inconsistencies and lack of transparency is why I didn't touch the Arena, I always joked that you could win all your games and still end up in Gold, I didnt actually think it was really that bad though lol.

Juices won every game he played in Arena (28/28) this season and is in Gold :)

feel

Yea but new people, new layout....

We just want to see you mock Marty and Staten some more, regardless of their presence.

Yeah, but your tours are so entertaining. I mean, you did two of them (at least) while Bungie was still there, and I wasn't enjoying myself any less the second time around. I'm sure that with an entirely different team in the building there's a whole new atmosphere.
All of this.

Do a new tour Frankie!

Juices won every game he played in Arena (28/28) this season and is in Gold :)

Goes to show how ridiculous the Arena system is. I know the technical reasons behind trueskill, but why they didn't just create a system where you can clearly see where you rank and have bars indicating how close you are to ranking up/ down is beyond me.

I dodged arena for a lot of reasons, some of which are because its hard/ impossible to read and you don't know where your going to be placed until its too late. You can win the majority of your games, but if you play against crap people you could end up in silver. Its a ridiculously bad system.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh is that why? I thought it was the maps and gametype settings lol

Top Bottom