• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

kiyomi

does anybody know where I can find shirts like this?

mB7iZpR.jpg

They seem to be called frog buttoned or simply 'Chinese' shirts?

You might also wanna look for shirts with a mandarin or grandad collar. Don't know about where or which to buy, but I hope that helps you nail down what you're looking for. Hopefully someone else here knows a bit more.

Corto Maltese

Neo Member
Anyone into Hawaiian shirts? I ordered a few for the summer. I love these reproduction brands that make these shirts period accurate and with beautiful patterns.

SS37453_128_thumb-700x700.png

SS37465_155_thumb-700x700.png

These are so cute. Made in Japan by Sun Surf.

STVNSN_LEAF_01-682x1025.JPG

SH_VIBES_03-1038x690.jpg

SH_SEAHORSE_03-1001x666.jpg

A few other different brands make them too. All from Japan as well.

How much are those? I liked last two very much

Jintor

It's cold where I am and I just realized all my office sweaters are black.

I should probably go get some Navy or brown ones... Red and green are probably also office acceptable, right?

It's cold where I am and I just realized all my office sweaters are black.

I should probably go get some Navy or brown ones... Red and green are probably also office acceptable, right?

As long as they're not insanely bright, I'd say all of those colors are office acceptable.

Blueingreen

Anyone into Hawaiian shirts? I ordered a few for the summer. I love these reproduction brands that make these shirts period accurate and with beautiful patterns.

SS37453_128_thumb-700x700.png

SS37465_155_thumb-700x700.png

These are so cute. Made in Japan by Sun Surf.

STVNSN_LEAF_01-682x1025.JPG

SH_VIBES_03-1038x690.jpg

SH_SEAHORSE_03-1001x666.jpg

A few other different brands make them too. All from Japan as well.

I really like the third shirt down, I would wear it tucked in a pair of dark navy tapered, pleats cropped at the ankle with a pair of white Vans authentic.

jokkir

I bought myself a "kimono" (pretty sure it's a noragi) but had to upsize because it was their last size. May get fit photos soon.

Also, how's Oak+Fort's quality? I got it from there and looking to buy another pair

EVOL 100%

Bought a Daniel Andersen leather jacket at a steal on Grailed (10% of the original price). This is my first time buying clothes that are worth over $1k, it's kind of a weird feeling.

Will post pics if it turns out well, I'm half excited and half worried.

Bought a Daniel Andersen leather jacket at a steal on Grailed (10% of the original price). This is my first time buying clothes that are worth over $1k, it's kind of a weird feeling.

Will post pics if it turns out well, I'm half excited and half worried.
Whatever you do don't start collecting leather...

Terribly addicting hobby if you have the means :/

Yeah, some random day I started with one black leather jacket (bought from Amazon) and in one year ended having 6 jackets in different styles and colors (midnight blue, antique brown, chocolate, black and... red, yes... red).

Luckily, I had the will to stop the craziness -_-

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Taking baby steps into adding some different aesthetic options with my first Damir Doma shirt (also the first time using Farfetch, which is wild that I can get something directly from Italy faster and way cheaper than almost anywhere else). Looks pretty dope with drop-crotch shorts and my Rick sneakers. Definitely turning into one of those "black/grey/white everything" guys too

EVOL 100%

Whatever you do don't start collecting leather...

Terribly addicting hobby if you have the means :/

Yeah, some random day I started with one black leather jacket (bought from Amazon) and in one year ended having 6 jackets in different styles and colors (midnight blue, antique brown, chocolate, black and... red, yes... red).

Luckily, I had the will to stop the craziness -_-

Thankfully I'm a broke uni student at the moment, I can't see myself buying anything new anytime soon.

I would like a leather jacket with quilted shoulders someday though..

kiyomi

Taking baby steps into adding some different aesthetic options with my first Damir Doma shirt (also the first time using Farfetch, which is wild that I can get something directly from Italy faster and way cheaper than almost anywhere else). Looks pretty dope with drop-crotch shorts and my Rick sneakers. Definitely turning into one of those "black/grey/white everything" guys too

I like it. I'd be pretty content wearing all black + grey all the time tbh.

On a related note, I think I found my favourite fashion IG'er

https://www.instagram.com/fabricman_/

One of his fits was on Grailed and I loved it.

Thankfully I'm a broke uni student at the moment, I can't see myself buying anything new anytime soon.

Yeah, most uni students (me included) walk that road, having barely enough to survive.

Anyways, congrats on the jacket and I hope it fits you just great.

The most awesome thing about leather is how great it ages the more you wear it :)

I have a new leather jacket coming this month by Johnson Leather in san francisco. Nice little local shop that has been in business for a while and doesn't have a crazy long waitlist like most smaller leather brands.

I chose a horween hide called black overdye. It's a brown leather with a nice layer of black dye over it which will slowly patina away. I'll post pictures of it when it comes but I am very excited for it.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but is there any tolerable Axe spray? And should I use one even though I don't smell and I haven't used deodorant before?

The picture is kinda small, but it looks like it's Herringbone pattern. Just google it to see if that's exactly what you're looking for.

As for recommendations, sorry. I can't even remember when was the last time I had to dress like that (I'd love to do it in a daily basis).

Saya

The picture is kinda small, but it looks like it's Herringbone pattern. Just google it to see if that's exactly what you're looking for.

As for recommendations, sorry. I can't even remember when was the last time I had to dress like that (I'd love to do it in a daily basis).

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!

It's a herringbone tweed jacket though you probably won't see them around until it starts to get colder. Going for the college professor look eh?

Haha, yeah kinda. I think it could be a nice versatile jacket. Now I know what too look for. Thanks!

don't use axe anything.
But I want to make a killing...in making people smell me

You undoubtedly smell, its just that you can't really smell your own stink since you acclimate to it automatically. I use tom's of maine (http://www.tomsofmaine.com/product-details/original-care-deodorant-stick). It's not overpowering and works. The scent is neutral so it's not feminine.
Hmm. Alright. I always suspected I smelled but if I did people are good in hiding that fact because my personal space is always invaded. I will look into the fragrance you've mentioned, but it probably is not available here in Asia.

EVOL 100%

The Daniel Andresen jacket came and holy shit, now I understand why people pay for clpthes that cost over a 1000 USD.

It looks extremely good and is bar none the most comfortable piece I have, and shit, it only cost me 200 bucks plus overseas shipping.

I was a bit worried about it being too big for me, but it fits very well too, despite the sleeves being a bit long.

The only drawback is that is smells like cologne/some kind of smoke, but I'm sure I'll able to get rid of the smell during the summer.

I think I'm going to buy most of my stuff on Grailed from now on

The Daniel Andresen jacket came and holy shit, now I understand why people pay for clpthes that cost over a 1000 USD.

It looks extremely good and is bar none the most comfortable piece I have, and shit, it only cost me 200 bucks plus overseas shipping.

I was a bit worried about it being too big for me, but it fits very well too, despite the sleeves being a bit long.

The only drawback is that is smells like cologne/some kind of smoke, but I'm sure I'll able to get rid of the smell during the summer.

I think I'm going to buy most of my stuff on Grailed from now on

attachment.php

sam12

Where to buy clothes for straight fit/athletic body? The pants at Zara never fit as they are too skinny. I only go to Express but looking to broaden my horizons

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah I'm also not feeling this jw anderson one. Just looks like uniqlo clothing with different stripes, not really that exciting.

Top Bottom