• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

CCS

Banned
Okay, I slightly misremembered. This is what I was thinking of:

If I could convince myself splinter was scum this would be less frustrating. But re-reading, I really feel he is town.

I'm basically convinced kawl and worthy are both scum. I think worthy should be the lynch today. I think kawl should tomorrow.

The last scum is probably either fran or ccs
. Still lean ccs. Either way, I think the last one will crack.

I don't think either fran or I are a better candidate today than worthy even if you do think we're both scum so I'm not going to waste any more time defending myself until tomorrow.

What are the thoughts on Kawl? What are thoughts on squid's lynch day 1?

So how does he go from being maybe scum to town?

CCS

Banned
Also, the whole thing with TWE putting an early vote of Fran and Fran getting all antsy about a possible turbo reads really fake seeming to me. I'm pretty confident both of them are scum, but I'd say that I'd almost prefer Fran to be today's lynch. If we don't do TWE today we'll do him later, there's no way town let him survive to the end. I can see Fran escaping though.

Okay, I slightly misremembered. This is what I was thinking of:

So how does he go from being maybe scum to town?

Everyone is maybe scum except burb. What you quoted is just me saying if it isn't you it's probably fran. Fits in pretty nice with the "not sure" i had him in before...

Obviously my read on him changed today. Not saying he's guaranteed but there's only so much scum left and he looks better than my current scum reads

RIP.

See that once again I'm top lynch. FEP and Fran are scum dammit. I'M NOT. This will literally be the game if you lynch me today and not Fran or FEP.

Definitely won't be here for the days end, but really want to see the meltdowns after I flip Town and we've realized we could've had something but splinter lead us to death.

franconp

Also, the whole thing with TWE putting an early vote of Fran and Fran getting all antsy about a possible turbo reads really fake seeming to me. I'm pretty confident both of them are scum, but I'd say that I'd almost prefer Fran to be today's lynch. If we don't do TWE today we'll do him later, there's no way town let him survive to the end. I can see Fran escaping though.

And like this is how scum gets away. You people keep giving him passes as he is too scummy. We don't have the luxury to make another mislynch. If you lynch me today you won't do TWE later, he would have already won. And most likely CCS too.

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 7 VOTES

theworthyedge (2)
flatearthpandas 3939
franconp 3979

franconp (1)
theworthyedge 3963

Day 7 Ends:
red_1490475600.png

Majority is 5.

Gorlak

Banned
I was waiting for Burb to follow up on his review of the rest of the players, but looks like that won't happen today anymore...

Has he said anything about someone else than Kawl/Splinter today?

CCS

Banned
Huh, no turbo yet. Guessing either:

1) TWE is scum
2) At least two scum already on him
3) Scum aren't paying attention

Gorlak

Banned
Ah, yes TWE is burb's top scum, but "wavering"...

This whole exchange between Splinter and fep is weird. Fep keeps shifting his reads whereever the wind blows, feels like he is most eager to "make sth. happen" to avoid a twe lynch.

Ourobolus

Banned
Day 7 has ended.

The Administrator looked at his calendar. He'd had to cancel everything due to lack of attendance. The remaining retirees were simply put in one of the common areas with a few board games and the hope that they could keep themselves out of trouble.

He had little reassurance that that would end up being the case.

Entering the room he found the retirees all seated, but apparently asleep. He nudged them one by one, asking them if they wanted to go to their rooms to actually take a nap. Most declined, saying "I was just resting my eyes and thinking about oatmeal," but Splinter decided he wanted to head to bed. Motioning for a staff member, the Administrator watched Splinter get taken back to his room.

He finally came upon TheWorthyEdge and poked him like the others. No movement. He poked him again. The stench of soiled undergarments suddenly became very, very potent. He pressed his fingers to TheWorthyEdge's neck and waited, hoping for a pulse.

No luck.

He asked the rest of the retirees, "does anyone know what happened?"

"He's fucking old, you idiot."

"...Ah."

TheWorthyEdge has died!

TheWorthyEdge said:
Good morning to another wonderful day at Lynchwood Acres!

It appears you are...Kyanrute, and you are an Ordinary Resident. That means that while do not have any special abilities, your vote counts just as much as that know-it-all Sorian down the hall! You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

We've got all sorts of activities planned for you today, so I hope you can attend! I've heard rumblings that some of the staff have been getting a little...disgruntled as of late and have been taking out their frustrations on the poor, poor retirees. If you could help us figure out which ones, I'd appreciate it!

You win when all threats to The Retirees have been eliminated.

Good luck!

As he wheeled TWE over to the fireplace for disposal, he heard a loud scream, followed by the sound of raucous laughter. Franconp came out from the hallway, covered in a red, gooey substance, holding a large knife.

"I've got bad blood all over myself!" he cried.

Splinter has died!

Splinter said:

It appears you are...Never Forever, and you are a QVC Addict, or to put it another way, a Jack-of-all-Trades. Oh, QVC. You love it. Can't get enough of it. Anything that has Taylor Swift's glorious visage on it, you have to have. Is it an obsession? Probably. Is it healthy? Debatable. Do you care? Hell no.

You have three Taylor-Swift themed items available at your disposal, and you may use any one of them during the night, one-time each.

Taylor Swift-themed KEYCHAIN - Roleblocks a player during the night
Taylor Swift-themed DEFIBRILLATOR - Protects a player during the night
Taylor Swift-themed HEARING AID - Determine the alignment of a player during the night

Using one of the above commands, PM the moderator with <command>: <player> to use one item during the night phase.

You can also vote! Hooray!

You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

Good luck!

(yes, that was the night action, since there was nothing Town could have done to stop it)

Scum has won! Congrats to Kawl_USC, franconp, Gorlak, Blargonaut, and WhereAreMahDragonz!

Ourobolus

Banned
Scum Roles:

Kawl_USC said:

It appears you are…OceanicAir, and you are a Housekeeper, or to put it another way, a Voyeur. One of these days, you really hope that you’ll go home having felt a sense of purpose throughout the day, but no - you get to pick up dirty clothes, walkers that have been left in the hall after a horrific, yet funny, stumble by a retiree...sigh. It’s enough to drive a person crazy.

During the night phase, you may target a player using the command PEEK: <player> to spy on a player and see what actions, but not by whom, were performed on your target.

You may also target a player using the factional kill command KILL: <player>. Only one player on The Staff may submit the kill each night, and you may not use any other abilities if you are submitting the kill.

You are aligned with The Staff (MAFIA).

You win when The Staff holds a majority of votes at the beginning of the day phase.

Good luck!

franconp said:

It appears you are…GreatCharleston, and you are an Orderly, or to put it another way, a Goon. This job doesn’t pay the money you need for your lavish lifestyle of going home and watching Netflix with your partner who is cheating on you, goddammit. And these retirees don’t make it any better, the louts. Time to get some revenge.

During the night phase, you may target a player using the factional kill command KILL: <player>. Only one player on The Staff may submit the kill each night.

You ALSO share a 1-shot Bulletproof with the other Orderly. It is shared, meaning that either of you can survive a kill, but once that is gone it is gone.

You win when The Staff holds a majority of votes at the beginning of the day phase.

Good luck!

Gorlak said:

It appears you are…Kawl_USC, and you are a Custodian, or to put it another way, a Roleblocker. Ugh. Old people, am I right? Always shitting themselves, shitting on the floor, dying everywhere...and you get to be the special one to clean it up. Well no more. You’re sick of their shit.

During the night phase, you may target a player using the command LOCK DOOR: <player> to trap a player in their room, roleblocking them.

You may also target a player using the factional kill command KILL: <player>. Only one player on The Staff may submit the kill each night, and you may not use any other abilities if you are submitting the kill.

Good luck!

Ourobolus

Banned
Town roles:

CCS said:

It appears you are…Barrylocke, and you are an Ordinary Resident. That means that while do not have any special abilities, your vote counts just as much as that know-it-all Sorian down the hall! You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

We’ve got all sorts of activities planned for you today, so I hope you can attend! I’ve heard rumblings that some of the staff have been getting a little...disgruntled as of late and have been taking out their frustrations on the poor, poor retirees. If you could help us figure out which ones, I’d appreciate it!

Good luck!

flatearthpandas said:

It appears you are…Mazre, and you are an Ordinary Resident. That means that while do not have any special abilities, your vote counts just as much as that know-it-all Sorian down the hall! You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

We’ve got all sorts of activities planned for you today, so I hope you can attend! I’ve heard rumblings that some of the staff have been getting a little...disgruntled as of late and have been taking out their frustrations on the poor, poor retirees. If you could help us figure out which ones, I’d appreciate it!

Good luck!

Sorian

Banned
Why would anyone even dream that I was poisoned and not claim it?

Gg though, I phoned it in a bit but I never would have gotten that scum team.

Ourobolus

Banned
The "I Am Never Drinking Again" Award goes to WhereAreMahDragonz, for her incredible claim during the battle against sobriety.

The Ozymandias Memorial Award for Hubris goes to Splinter, for his gallantry in figuring out the scum team during MYLO.

The Jack Kevorkian Award for Excellence in Service goes to Kyanrute for taking part in the assisted suicide of Blargonaut.

The Bus Driver Running Over People While No Witnesses are Near Award goes to Gorlak for his incredible, yet incessant, need to try to bus teammates when no one gives a shit.

The I Obey the Letter of the Law, if not the Spirit Award goes to Blargonaut for his malicious reading into the nuances of "intent."

The If I'm Going Down, I'm Doing it Quietly and With a Partner Award goes to Verelios, for realizing that not claiming would certainly save himself and his Lover.

As a corollary, the Obliviousness Award for Excellence in Illiteracy goes to nin1000, for his sudden surprise that his role may involve another person.

The Spirit Award for Non-Scummiest Scummy Town goes to Swamped, who just can't stop being lynched.

The Lazarus Voting Award goes to StanleyPalmtree, for not letting a silly little thing like death get in the way of his thoughts.

The "I Hate This Game and Everyone in It" Award for Excellence in Shade-Throwing goes to flatearthpandas, for his continued attempts to angrily shout at everyone about how stupid they are.

The Joint Contributor Award for Gallantry in Shitposting goes to CCS and acohrs, whose discussions during D1 led to the top of the hill that eventually the rest of town tumbled down.

The Transparency Award goes to Bronx-Man, for playing 4-Dimensional Chess by telling everyone exactly what his role does.

The Cyndi Lauper Award goes to Kawl_USC, for his strategy of keeping discussion to the maximum level of "nearly-contributing" for the entirety of the player base.

nin1000

Banned
As a corollary, the Obliviousness Award for Excellence in Illiteracy Award goes to nin1000, for his sudden surprise that his role may involve another person.

giphy.gif

You had to see my face when i realized 2 hours before the deadline that i was "connected" to verelios.

lol

Top Bottom