• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Hey remember a month or two ago when Marvel was culling digital codes to help retailers and they were all for saving comic stores. Yeah. Fuck Marvel and fuck the retailers who believed their shit.

This is clearly a shot of intention

Aquaman looked amazing in JL. Looks like they are all having fun.

Hasn't it happened before that comics have gone up early on MU?

Hey remember a month or two ago when Marvel was culling digital codes to help retailers and they were all for saving comic stores. Yeah. Fuck Marvel and fuck the retailers who believed their shit.

Speaking of Aquaman:
working
that moment when you get an edit from @JimLee and incorporate it into the piece and all of a sudden it's 20 times better.
fucking legend! XD
x5o6v.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
AQUAMAN RIDING ON TOP OF THE BATMOBILE AND SMILING AS HE REALIZES THAT IT IS FUCKING SICK AS ALL HELL FOREVER

SNYDER KNOWS WHAT'S GOOD

Sandfox

Gratz!

So, you know how Marvel said Secret Empire would have fewer tie-ins? May has 15.

but sandfox said
CW2 had 42 series tie-in to it so this is in fact fewer.

I really don't understand what you mean. They aren't going to let people read the issue early intentionally.

Sandfox

I want Sanford Greene to draw a book that somehow stairs both Damian and Stargirl because I love how he draws both of them.

Owzers

When you're not that interested in Marvel or DC your comic reading becomes very focused on a book by book basis, there's no shared universe to dive into, get invested in tie-ins and events. It feels like i'm not that interested in "comics" yet i still enjoy reading some of them. Still beats being a Valiant fan.

Sandfox

When you're not that interested in Marvel or DC your comic reading becomes very focused on a book by book basis, there's no shared universe to dive into, get invested in tie-ins and events. It feels like i'm not that interested in "comics" yet i still enjoy reading some of them.
There's always Valiant.

When you're not that interested in Marvel or DC your comic reading becomes very focused on a book by book basis, there's no shared universe to dive into, get invested in tie-ins and events. It feels like i'm not that interested in "comics" yet i still enjoy reading some of them. Still beats being a Valiant fan.

You could always go further with Hellboy if shared universe is something you're actively yearning for. I'd say the vast majority of books I've read over the last decade were Vertigo or Image so almost no sort of shared worlds to speak of, but HB was a nice thing to stumble into since the books are a pretty tight ship creatively in terms of who gets their hands on them, but have some of the more positive aspects of the shared universe setup Marvel and DC roll with.

I can't remember though, you were maybe not entirely impressed with the first library book? So maybe that's not a good recommendation.

For me, shared worlds are fun to an extent, I like reading the bat books and how they overlap and inform each other but even Night Of The Monster Men made me a little nervous, nevermind the upcoming button stuff, or dark days.

Owzers

You could always go further with Hellboy if shared universe is something you're actively yearning for. I'd say the vast majority of books I've read over the last decade were Vertigo or Image so almost no sort of shared worlds to speak of, but HB was a nice thing to stumble into since the books are a pretty tight ship creatively in terms of who gets their hands on them, but have some of the more positive aspects of the shared universe setup Marvel and DC roll with.

I can't remember though, you were maybe not entirely impressed with the first library book? So maybe that's not a good recommendation.

I like the first library, it's just i'm incredibly slow reading it. I have all the library editions that have released and the first three Frog BPRD digital omnibus..omnibi...in my backlog because i gotta save my comic reading time for Civil War 2 on MU. Though my free mu month just expired so i might be back to Hellboy. The first half of vol 1 has a lot of pages with black borders that I think I'm going to smudge.

if i make a dcbs order this month it would be for 5 books and maybe the JL vs Suicide Squad trade but probably not. It would be 7 books but i think i'm dropping Gwenpool because of the lack of digital code and trash paper quality. Paying 7.50 to ship 5 books seems...like a bad idea. Another chance to drop the flop.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched the trailer, wow, that looked dull as fuck :(

They've managed to make a Justice League trailer that doesn't excite me. Cyborg looks TERRIBLE, and I hate the CGI for Flash when he's running.

Batman & Aquaman looked cool at least

I like the first library, it's just i'm incredibly slow reading it. I have all the library editions that have released and the first three Frog BPRD digital omnibus..omnibi...in my backlog because i gotta save my comic reading time for Civil War 2 on MU. Though my free mu month just expired so i might be back to Hellboy.

I was the same, it took me forever to actually read and get through the first few HB volumes, it wasn't until what I guess must be the 3rd library edition where it really took hold and I started buying the BPRD and the spin offs and went in for the whole thing.

That said, I didn't have CW2 to make time for back then. If that had been out at the time, who knows. I might have a Carol Was Right avatar.

dan2026

The trailer looked ok.
Except everything looked way too dark and muted.
Its like someone put a boring filter over the top.

Snyder has fooled me before though....

Messi

I like the first library, it's just i'm incredibly slow reading it. I have all the library editions that have released and the first three Frog BPRD digital omnibus..omnibi...in my backlog because i gotta save my comic reading time for Civil War 2 on MU. Though my free mu month just expired so i might be back to Hellboy. The first half of vol 1 has a lot of pages with black borders that I think I'm going to smudge.

if i make a dcbs order this month it would be for 5 books and maybe the JL vs Suicide Squad trade but probably not. It would be 7 books but i think i'm dropping Gwenpool because of the lack of digital code and trash paper quality. Paying 7.50 to ship 5 books seems...like a bad idea. Another chance to drop the flop.

You don't deserve that avatar for threatening to drop Gwenpool.

mreddie

I'm hoping for the best for Justice League but...I've been burned before.

If they botch Diana's film, I'm not even bother with League.

I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda, so I've been getting through Iron Fist really slowly. Watched episode 5 last night. Really enjoying Colleen Wing in this show.

I have a rule about not watching more than three episodes of a single (new) show in a day. So I've only really watched it on my days off, plus a couple of other days.

Ep 6 is my favorite episode so far. It's what this entire fucking show should have been. Also it's directed by RZA. Ep 8 also has some shades of that as well.

Top Bottom