• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Germany: Batman Arkham Origins Complete Edition, Release: August 21

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-06-2420_54_05-bahckl0.png

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00KR5YVT4/

BadAss2961

Well they don't have much to brag about with this game.
I might've actually enjoyed this one the most.

It's more straightforward, but the plot is better than the first two, and the combat is on point. Seeing more of the B-tier villains was a plus.

sjay1994

don't get this. Arkham Origins is a better game than that overrated mess called Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum is vastly superior to AC and AO.

City is a mess, thats for sure. But it has a charm that rocksteady incorporated in terms of easter eggs and making Gotham feel like Gotham.

AO felt shallow in comparison, even thought its a more focused game than city in terms of narrative. Everything you did in it was done in city, and it did nothing new for the series asides from combat tweeks. This was the game that convinced me the arkham games can't support an open world, since all you can do in it fight.

Literally, all you do in AO is fight things. It made the great combat feel incredibly repetitive.

The more I think about it, the batmobile might actually be a good addition to the series if they want to keep this open world route.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bigger pic to shop.

Gotta say that's a pretty sexy boxart.

91pqzl3gaxl._sl1500_71mk57.jpg

I hope it releases in August. While I rented it and finished it I never bought it and was thinking of doing Just that after I finished Dark Souls.

Might as well just wait now.

Trojan

It always bothers me when publishers use a term like "Complete Edition". Are you implying the game was not complete when you originally released it?

mindsale

It always bothers me when publishers use a term like "Complete Edition". Are you implying the game was not complete when you originally released it?

Naw, I think that's just a way of saying "No one in their right mind would call this Game of the Year." More marketable than "A Compilation of Garbage."

Cool boxart, but wouldn't it just be cheaper to get it on PC now with all the sales going on? It would only cost maybe $12 or so to get everything that matters.

Bulzeeb

ha, who wasn't expecting that? I'll buy it next year for 5 dollars during a steam sale like all previous Batman games

Joey Ravn

Banned
Eh. Origins was OK. It wasn't a "needed game". It was very derivative from Rocksteady's previous entries, and had a few major bugs, but it was overall OK. It was a solid 3 stars: middle-of-the-road, doesn't do anything particularly excellently, but doesn't royally fuck up the series either.

Top Bottom