• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up Show Theme - Orchestral Version

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Recoil said:
Fuuuuck, I'd *really* like to hear how you made this. It's not all digital instruments, is it?
I meant to make a thread here, but forgot. I posted this on the 1up forums last week. I had some extra time, so I made an arrangement of the 1up Show theme and added it to the orchestra session I was doing just for fun. It's not something that could really work in the context of the show, as it gets a bit dramatic, but it might make some of you chuckle nonetheless.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chris's Bio
Chris Tilton, a New Orleans, Louisiana native, was born June 9, 1979. He obtained his Bachelor of Music Composition degree from the University of the Arts (Philadelphia) in 2001 under the instruction of Prof. Andrew Rudin. For many years, Chris knew that he wanted to concentrate his efforts in the music and film industry so, after graduating, he made the move to Los Angeles.

In L.A., composer Michael Giacchino took Chris under his wing and he began working as his assistant on the television show Alias. Soon after, Chris began doing additional orchestration on several of Michael's projects, including The Incredibles, The Family Stone, Mission: Impossible III, and most recently Speed Racer.

In 2004, Michael wrote the main theme for the video game, Mercenaries, and encouraged Chris to write what was to be his first large orchestral score. Since then, the two collaborated on the main theme for the video game, Black, with Chris writing yet another sizable orchestral score. Beginning in the 4th season of Alias, Chris wrote additional music until the series ended in May of 2006.

With this invaluable experience, Chris is undertaking individual projects like The Sunday Man and Mercenaries 2, as well as collaborative projects like Fracture.

Gaf amazes me every day.

Link to his site.

chris, take me under your wing like michael did you and lets make an orchestral hiphop album. :lol

<edit>

hey MThanded, what's up with that pm man?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wow. Giacchino links eh?

I tend not to enjoy the 1UP lovefest here on GAF, or the podcasts/vidcasts, but I always loved the 1UP Show theme and I must admit this orchestral version is very good. Even though I don't watch it, it'd be nice to see it being slipped in there.

adg1034

It's about time more composers were represented on GAF. Hell, Chris could probably even get Giacchino in here if he pushed him, seeing as how that's where he got his start.

Let's see, that leaves Marty, Jesper, Tallarico, Soule, Jared Emerson-Johnson, Michael Land, Peter McConnell, Jason Hayes, Richard Jacques, Kevin Manthei, and Stephen Rippy on the list.

Get crackin', people!

Firestorm

I just gave it a download and well, I don't like using the word epic, but damn. That's the only word to describe the feeling it gives you.

JoeMartin

I know it's been said already, but I probably would have cried if this made it in time for the Jeff Green departure epic.

Amazing work nonetheless.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
wow, this is amazingly good...what the hell

chris, are you a composer or something?

no way, this has to be done by a real orchestra

Yes, I tagged this on to the end of an orchestra session for another project. :)

Came in expecting some shitty hackjob made by another dipshit that obsesses over ziff davis staff and I ended up hearing something great.

Wish I bothered to pay attention to my piano lessons when I was a kid. Probably one of the things I regret most in life.

Danielsan

Seriously an amazing job!

I really should go see a live Orchestra some day, it sounds like it would be the experience of a lifetime.

Billen

Banned
fallout said:
This should have been used for Jeff Green's departure. :(

Excellent work, though.

That would have been utterly awesome, yes.

To the OP: Amazing job. Really impressive. Gaf never ceases to amaze me.

J-Rzez

Excellent job!

When/if Shane leaves though, it needs to be the 1up show theme, all Metal Gear Solid end theme style. With the "snare" drum beat in the background.

Chris Tilton said:
Matt emailed me and said if he found a place for it, he'd use it. I wished him much luck, haha!

Could easily fit in the credits.

They are long enough.

Also it could be the intro to any RPG heavy episodes.

Mash

Wow, that sounds really great. It's amazing what someone with talent can do with such a simple tune.

And yeah, someone good at computering should do some kind of Jeff Green video compilation with this played over. No star wipes.

Epcott

Beautiful work!

Definitely enjoyed the ending and the soft build (not outrageously loud and needlessly grand like an elephant walking through a china shop).

Always wanted to compose for orchestra... lucky man.

Oh, what orchestra was that by the way?

unreon

Firestorm said:
I just gave it a download and well, I don't like using the word epic, but damn. That's the only word to describe the feeling it gives you.
I feel exactly the same way.

Throughout the whole song I had a gigantic smile on my face, this really made my day =)

Great work!

DangerStepp

Excellent job! This sounds awesome!

Reminds me of how much I love the original theme. It's infinitely better than the horrible J-Pop version. I can't watch that stuff around other people.

Chris worked on the Speed Racer soundtrack?

So how does it feel to have worked on the best film score in like 10 years? Note: I didn't say "one of" the best.

Top Bottom