• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I thought it was a pretty great sale by MS standards (both in quantity and quality), but The Walking Dead was the only multiplatform game where the 360 discount was comparable/greater than the PC discounts, and the biggest XBLA game of the year didn't go on sale at all. So I'd basically say if you're comparing to other MS discounts, this was a great sale, but if you're comparing to, say, PC gaming, still pretty weak.
Sales prices on all the PC/XBLA games I checked was comparable with Steam sale prices.

I thought it was a pretty great sale by MS standards (both in quantity and quality), but The Walking Dead was the only multiplatform game where the 360 discount was comparable/greater than the PC discounts, and the biggest XBLA game of the year didn't go on sale at all. So I'd basically say if you're comparing to other MS discounts, this was a great sale, but if you're comparing to, say, PC gaming, still pretty weak.

I dunno, the Steam sale has been 50% off in almost all cases for major releases this year, Mark of the Ninja for example was 50% off on Steam and on XBLA.

The difference I guess is that 50% will likely be the biggest discount it ever receives on XBLA, where it'll be 75% the next time a Steam sale comes around.

ShogunX

Brilliant sale overall.

Bought

Bully
World of Keflings + DLC
Jet Set Radio
Joe Danger 2
Dust
Deadlight
Trials Evolution + DLC
Trials HD + DLC
Fez
Dungeon Defenders
Mrs Splosion Man
Rock of Ages
Kinect Party
The Walking Dead complete
Trine 2
Mark of the Ninja
Skyrim DLC

Now just need to make the time to play it all. Let the kids have a go of Kinect Party last night and I was surprised at how good it is especially for free.

my haul easn't as substantial as some because I'm impatient and bought most games at launch, but a good haul nonetheless.

rock of ages
fez
crazy taxi
deadlight
street fighter
dawguard / heathfire
jet set radio
bully

pretty good all things considered.

seeds19

Banned
For me only Fez, Dust and the dlc for trials HD and evolution, already owned mark of the ninja and the other games like hydro thunder hurricane or the walking dead etc... Other than that great deals so far.

Worth remembering that as well as the sales, you will get 100pts back if you spent 2,000 this month from Xbox Rewards, and also a 2% rebate as well on everything you bought.

Nothing massive, obviously, but a nice bonus since most people seem to have spent 2,000 with no trouble at all.

TheMan

only bought fez

the game does a good job of making me feel stupid- i've barely figured out any of the puzzles, mostly just going around collecting blocks

Cheddahz

Banned
I picked up Bully (which I still haven't been able to download), The Walkign Dead, Fez, and Dust. I say overall that this has been the best XBL sale ever

600 MSP for Dust an Elysian tail was daylight robbery, hope you all bought it and supported noogy!

I missed the sale, unfortunately.. but after hearing it mentioned over and over in various game of the year podcast discussions, I bought it at full price :)

I did get in on the walking dead, though.. I own it for PC.. but it seems like it may be the kind of game I'd rather curl up on the couch to play.

Jhoan

I got:

Mark of the Ninja
Fez (has freezing issues)
The Walking Dead (all episodes)

I still feel like checking out Joe Danger 2 and Bully. With there being only one day left, I better decide soon. Although I'm intrigued to see what this week's DoW is going to be.

I picked up Bully (which I still haven't been able to download), The Walkign Dead, Fez, and Dust. I say overall that this has been the best XBL sale ever
Mine actually got past 1% yesterday for the first time since I bought it pretty early on in the sale. Then it errored out at around 30%. I'll try again today, hopefully it at least resumes where it left off.

I got Deadlight, Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, and Mark the Ninja. I beat Deadlight and enjoyed it for the most part; I'm still working on Hell Yeah and looking forward to Mark the Ninja.

All in all, pretty great sales.

How the hell do you buy Skyrim? Can't find a link on the website (even the one here redirects me and points me to a page with a BestBuy link etc). DON'T THEY WANT MY FUNNY MONEY?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My haul.

Kinect Party Game Addon 29/12/2012
The Walking Dead Arcade Game 29/12/2012
Episode 4: "Around Every Corner" Game Addon 29/12/2012
Episode 3: "Long Road Ahead" Game Addon 29/12/2012
Episode 2: "Starved For Help" Game Addon 29/12/2012
Episode 5: "No Time Left" Game Addon 29/12/2012
The Splatters™ Arcade Game 29/12/2012
Backbreaker Vengeance Arcade Game 26/12/2012
Mini Ninjas Adventures Arcade Game 26/12/2012
Rock of Ages Arcade Game 26/12/2012
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit Arcade Game 21/12/2012
Mark of the Ninja Arcade Game 20/12/2012
Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice Game Addon 20/12/2012
It Came From Outer Space

What a Braw Sale!

Got:

Dust
Jet Set Radio
Hell Yeah!
Mark of The Ninja
The Walking Dead 1-5
Crazy Taxi
Kinect Party
Trine 2
Skyrim: Dawnguard

Have 690 Moonbucks left.

I got a 4000 point card for Christmas. Everything I wanted (Dust, Hell Yeah!, Lego Indy, The Raymans) went on sale in the days before. Absolutely everything that has been on sale from Christmas til now have been complete misses for me.

Oh, and while I'm in a grind-my-gears mood, what's up with Vandal Hearts? Why is that game still $20 three years after its release?

Well put. But with that said I can't see any of the console players going the steam route for pricing anytime soon.

jbug617

Banned
I hope this sale makes Microsoft realize people will buy more stuff if it went on sale more often. Sometimes their weekly sales are disappointing.

I think I found the only redeeming thing about windows 8: it allowed me to capatilize on the Skyrim deals via my laptop as I am deployed right now away from my Xbox.

When I am finally home in 2 months my xbox *should* download said software in the active downloads queue.

thanks m-$oft you guys are "the-amazings!"

Top Bottom