• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Zolo

VuLx7TFl.jpg

Also, some smart use of suction could also send someone flying in a direction they don't want to go in. Thirteen could've shut off the suction at the right time, dodged to the side and sent Uravity flying away from the exit, or even knock her down and pin her. But Thirteen isn't experienced with fighting, so he panicked and got pinned instead.

Snipe probably was stalling for time, or even shoot to merely injure, which is normally very difficult to pull off and normally ill-advisable, but the guy has guided bullets and they've got a rapid healer at the ready. He's probably got plenty of experience using his quirk non-lethally - see his save at the end of the USJ arc.

Edit: Ahaha. The difference is, Krillin didn't start off as a complete piece of shit. Granted, a lot of us first got to know him at the start of Z.

caliph95

Also remember none of the adults are really trying. Not only do they have weights on ignoring Ectoplasm statement about giving their all you can see them holding back

The principal purposely left the two idiots an escape route for them to figure

Aizawa also had opportunities to attack but didn't

There is also the fact that they're students so they can't seriously injured the students on purpose even with recovery girl gimping snipe and thirteen and likely all might

NEO0MJ

Also, some smart use of suction could also send someone flying in a direction they don't want to go in. Thirteen could've shut off the suction at the right time, dodged to the side and sent Uravity flying away from the exit, or even knock her down and pin her. But Thirteen isn't experienced with fighting, so he panicked and got pinned instead.

Yeah, that's a big part of his character. Can't blame him, considering how dangerous his quirk is. Woul just suck non living objects.

Sami+

Mineta fucking sucks and every scene he's in I just want to skip tbh. Really irritating that this shit gets so much more screentime than characters that would actually be fun to watch.

Mineta is trash, and the less time spent on him the better. I do want to point out that this idea that he's "secretly smart" is totally undercut by the fact that he didn't even discuss his plan with Sero for subduing Midnight, and the only reason he had any tape to cover his face was because Sero threw him at the beginning of the match.

So this was his grand plan, but he was only able to implement it due to chance? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't exactly score him any points. (Not that it would matter, since he's so deep in the negatives, anything positive would be negligible.)

So this was his grand plan, but he was only able to implement it due to chance? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't exactly score him any points. (Not that it would matter, since he's so deep in the negatives, anything positive would be negligible.)

I think someone coming up with a plan just with what they have is more impressive than one made with plenty of prep time.

NSESN

I'm starting to getting the feeling that people don't like Mineta.

I thnik it is right to hate him, because he isn't a good character. What annoys me is that the only chapter he actually does good people just come with the same talk as the chapters where he is just a trashy perv. It is starting to sound like that when people hates some character everything he does deserves criticism.

I think someone coming up with a plan just with what they have is more impressive than one made with plenty of prep time.
The way Mineta's monologue presented it implied this was his plan from the start, hence him being so angry at Sero for prolonging it. If he'd actually told Sero the plan from the start, we wouldn't of had to listen to him whine about how being cool is so hard, but he's "sacrificing so much" just so he will get noticed.

Also, a lack of forethought as a hero isn't a positive trait.

Kenai

I'm starting to getting the feeling that people don't like Mineta.

Mineta is definitely my least favorite member of the class but honestly I'm not even mad at him most of the time. He'd be 100% better if he weren't such an eye rolling perv though. Would have been nice if he had learned a single thing from his many failed attempts at being a playboy, but alas.

The way Mineta's monologue presented it implied this was his plan from the start, hence him being so angry at Sero for prolonging it. If he'd actually told Sero the plan from the start, we wouldn't of had to listen to him whine about how being cool is so hard, but he's "sacrificing so much" just so he will get noticed.

Also, a lack of forethought as a hero isn't a positive trait.

I'm pretty sure his anger was more at Sero getting to lay his head on Midnight's lap than it was for him fucking up his plan.

And you can't foresee everything. Being able to improvise is just as important of a trait as being able to come up with a plan ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure his anger was more at Sero getting to lay his head on Midnight's lap than it was for him fucking up his plan.

And you can't foresee everything. Being able to improvise is just as important of a trait as being able to come up with a plan ahead of time.
Improvisation is important, but his anger wasn't just because of Sero's closeness to Midnight, he was angry that he had to look at it and wasn't able to participate because he has his master plan to "look cool", which he was already going to implement. But Sero wouldn't of been in that position if Mineta would of told him of his plan in the first place.

It makes it doubly stupid. Mineta is stupid.

LotusHD

Banned
I thnik it is right to hate him, because he isn't a good character. What annoys me is that the only chapter he actually does good people just come with the same talk as the chapters where he is just a trashy perv. It is starting to sound like that when people hates some character everything he does deserves criticism.

I don't really care either way regarding how people feel about him, it just seemed like fun to point the Mineta hate lol

Mineta is definitely my least favorite member of the class but honestly I'm not even mad at him most of the time. He'd be 100% better if he weren't such an eye rolling perv though. Would have been nice if he had learned a single thing from his many failed attempts at being a playboy, but alas.

I agree.

Improvisation is important, but his anger wasn't just because of Sero's closeness to Midnight, he was angry that he had to look at it and wasn't able to participate because he has his master plan to "look cool", which he was already going to implement. But Sero wouldn't of been in that position if Mineta would of told him of his plan in the first place.

It makes it doubly stupid. Mineta is stupid.

I looked at the scene again and I literally have no idea where you are getting that from. The scene literally starts with him yelling that there's no way he can do the test, and then he even has a inner monologue showing self-doubt. If he really have a plan from the start, why would he put on an act like that?

I looked at the scene again and I literally have no idea where you are getting that from. The scene literally starts with him yelling that there's no way he can do the test, and then he even has a inner monologue showing self-doubt. If he really have a plan from the start, why would he put on an act like that?
The "no way to do the test" thing is because he's against Midnight. He thinks it's unfair that he has to face off against her because she presents particular conditions that affect him particularly, because he's a pervert. He's whining, because that's what he does.

As soon as Sero throws him, he immediately begins making his way to the back of the arena, in a concerted fashion. The whining makes it seems like he's panicking, but he's just pouting.

StoneFox

Mineta I can take or leave, I find him annoying but that's only because I've seen the joke before. I think the show would have been better without him but whatever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So, 2 episodes left?
Hope there will be a super hype fight with incredible animation, like the All Might vs Noumu fight from season 1.

Deku vs Todoroki is still the best fight in the series so far imo.

If the animation is anything close to this we're in for a ride.

giphy.gif

I just hope the fight is good, i don't read the manga but come on man... Deku and Kacchan vs All Might gotta be fucking amazing, right?

ShadyK54

Deku vs Todoroki is still the best fight in the series so far imo.

If the animation is anything close to this we're in for a ride.

giphy.gif

I just hope the fight is good, i don't read the manga but come on man... Deku and Kacchan vs All Might gotta be fucking amazing, right?

Jeeeeeesus, this fight. Too damn good. The reason I can't not get emotional now whenever I hear You Say Run lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, with megaphone teach, they said he was born with his quirk and basically damaged everyone's hearing.

I sure hope Thirteen wasn't born with their quirk. R.I.P mum if they were.

Man, all these haters can't block his shine...

=p
You clearly did the work for them lol

I wish Mineta hate could be avoided instead of brought up week after week after week diluting and drowning out much more interesting moments in the anime.

I wish Mineta scenes could be deleted instead of included week after week after week diluting and drowning out much more interesting moments in the anime.

Mineta is fine. But then again I grew up on 90s anime.

I grew up on 90s anime too. And then I grew up.

MrCinos

Mineta is fine. But then again I grew up on 90s anime.

Same here. He's a godsend compared to someone like Happosai: someone that made me hate old pervert trope and made me dislike master Roshi from the beginning. Yeah, I've read (never watched) DB for the first time after Ranma 1/2.

Not really feeling Mineta's anime version, but I more like than dislike Mineta in the manga since his scenes are rather brisk and don't feel as drawn out like they are in the anime. Not a fan of his voice acting too. All of the panels with him staring at girls felt like amusing "hidden" pieces throughout the manga. With Horikoshi adding some depth to him like in this episode and to me he's already better than 90-99+% token pervert characters.

dickroach

I thought All Might was gonna win, just as a little reminder that he is, in fact, the shit. I feel like the flashbacks were meant to be more impactful than they actually were; it's the same shit we've known about Bakugo from the start. but good episode overall. a little step forward in Deku + Bakugo's relationship, and a decent fight that kinda kept you on the edge of your seat. nowhere near as good as Deku vs Todoroki, but pretty good. it's just that there were really no stakes for this one.

TimmiT

Animation felt a bit more messy than I would have liked for this episode, but still a pretty good one. Preview for next week is very spoilery btw

Sn4ke_911

Oh man this episode was absolutely fantastic.

I like how five minutes of Mineta drive people so mad. Probably they don't watch much anime because this shit is everywhere, and Mineta is kind of really tame compared to other shows' bullshit.

I hate the character, but i can get over it (because i've seen worse). This show does a lot of good so that isn't really going to sour me on it.

This.

I like how five minutes of Mineta drive people so mad. Probably they don't watch much anime because this shit is everywhere, and Mineta is kind of really tame compared to other shows' bullshit.

I hate the character, but i can get over it (because i've seen worse). This show does a lot of good so that isn't really going to sour me on it.

Jintor

that was pretty good.

I would still probably hold the manga slightly above it, just because I think Horishoki's panelling in this and the next chapter are seriously astounding. But this was a pretty dang good adaptation.

This was one of my favourite chapter in the manga, really enjoyed the episode.

Though I might prefer the manga version with the order the exam goes and particularly the order of this fight but saving Deku and Kacchan part for last and focusing the previous episodes on the other characters works better in the anime.

Sn4ke_911

that was pretty good.

I would still probably hold the manga slightly above it, just because I think Horishoki's panelling in this and the next chapter are seriously astounding. But this was a pretty dang good adaptation.

They made one huge mistake tho, this exact scene was not in the anime.

2017-09-2312_44_43-nvuvu1d.png

Too bad i really love that shot.

Jintor

really amazing explosions this ep too

also kacchan looks pretty stupid with his flight mode lol. They needed to make it clearer in some shots that he was continually exploding himself and have his body ragdoll properly instead of just... floating him.

Top Bottom