• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Reknoc

Game disconnected on me. Seems like an alright game, will probably play some more. Killed porings, same old same old.

Reknoc

Still another 2 and half hours until the beta starts I believe, so you may as well just wait (there might be a rollback anyway).

DJIzana

Hmmm... does anyone know if you can reset your skills?

Like... have a PvP build when you want to PvP and a PvE build when you want to PvE?

rouken

Hmmm... does anyone know if you can reset your skills?

Like... have a PvP build when you want to PvP and a PvE build when you want to PvE?

i've read that there's a skill reset scroll that can be bought. i don't know if with real money or just zennies.

mus6677

No need to wait any more. Open Beta delayed. From their FB page:
Dear Asgardians,

Ragnarok Online 2 was scheduled to kick start its Open Beta on 27th December 2012. However, due to overwhelming response from players, we experienced staggeringly high traffic that resulted in severe website and server congestion. Subsequently, many players were regretfully unable to access the game.

We are truly and deeply apologetic to each and every one of you for the various problems that many of you have faced during the start of Open Beta, especially to our players who were not able to enter the game at all. We know that you have set aside time and effort to join us, and we apologise that our issues prevented many of you from doing so.

We have been listening intently to all your feedback and are committed to resolving all these issues to get the game back up and running smoothly. However, in order for us to do this, we have to reschedule Open Beta to 3rd January 2013 and we have to wipe all character data accumulated from 27th December 2012 to 3rd January 2013, before the game servers reopen for a fresh start.

We know that this decision will anger and upset many of our treasured players, and while we earnestly wish to cater to every single player’s wants and needs, our top priority remains in stabilising the game servers so that all Asgardians can enjoy it, and being as fair as possible to the majority of our players who were not at all able to access Open Beta on 27th December 2012. We seek your rational understanding of our very difficult decision and hope that you will accept our gravest apologies.

From today until 3rd January 2013, we will be performing occasional stress tests on the game servers and the game will be open sporadically for players to enter. Even though the data will be wiped, you will be playing an important part of supporting and helping us prepare Open Beta by joining us in these stress tests when you are able to. For that, we sincerely thank you in advance.

We wish you all a Happy New Year as we express our gratitude towards your understanding, patience and kindness during this period. Thank you and see you in January!

Sincerely,

Sherman Tan

Chairman of Asiasoft Online and PlayPark

Ashodin

THE FUCK

Goddamn Gravity! Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Okay so they'll have stress tests. I just need to watch like a hawk to get in.

DJIzana

THE FUCK

Goddamn Gravity! Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Okay so they'll have stress tests. I just need to watch like a hawk to get in.

So wait... if we mash the servers we can still get in with these stress tests running on and they'll do a characyer wipe, come Jan 3rd?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So wait... if we mash the servers we can still get in with these stress tests running on and they'll do a characyer wipe, come Jan 3rd?

Yeah they don't want to give advantage to players that were able to squeeze by the cluster fuck and left everyone who couldn't play behind.

Ashodin

They were absolutely unprepared. How the fuck do you not expect people who had nostalgic feelings for the first RO to not jump in on this shit?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They were absolutely unprepared. How the fuck do you not expect people who had nostalgic feelings for the first RO to not jump in on this shit?

Well if you think about it, they were getting hammered on from asia/europe/the america's all at once. That's pretty fucking hard lol.

But they should of still prepared for that to happen with an English release of something.

Well, companies should support the minimum to save cost, and add more when there's demand. It's a safer investment without buying too much server space to host potential users.

I remember beta testing iro so long ago. I went into the pyramid dungeon and soloed the mummy boss with fists. I didnt play the final game all that much seeing as you needed a group or friends to do anything fun and the leveling grind was way to koreany just took too long. But ill try this one out to see whats going on.

Calidor

ewww... massive fail, since I had free time over the holidays. Uninstalled, and I don't think I will be bothered to try this until the NA beta

Top Bottom