• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

They did it with the S and it was a success
Although on a second note, 550 sounds somewhat more reasonable. 600 Euro I definitely can't afford.

Yeah... I just don't see them being crazy enough to push the price up to $599. That's the price that shamed Sony with the launch of the PS3. Even $549 feels like too much when that would mean the average tax rate in the U.S. would push it to almost $590

Ehker

Yeah... I just don't see them being crazy enough to push the price up to $599. That's the price that shamed Sony with the launch of the PS3. Even $549 feels like too much when that would mean the average tax rate in the U.S. would push it to almost $590

Well, it's already $499 like the base 20GB PS3 launch price, so too late to avoid that comparison. Might as well hit the hardcore fans for an extra $100 to get their hands on it early.

I would almost pay an extra 50/100 to get it in early october with a 2tb HD. But it would have to be both. Early AND the bigger HD. Not one or the other.

Colbert

Banned
For those are interested in the special edition console.

Just learned the "Project Scorpio Special Edition" is in limited quantity and comes with a included stand like the 2TB Xbox One S launch model did.

Lasty95

Can someone please explain to me what possible motivation could anybody have to buy one of these?

I can't see any value in it at all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
For those are interested in the special edition console.

Just learned the "Project Scorpio Special Edition" is in limited quantity and comes with a included stand like the 2TB Xbox One S launch model did.

A stand to put it vertical so that the "project scorpio" lettering is sideways? Interesting choice

MauroNL

Can someone please explain to me what possible motivation could anybody have to buy one of these?

I want the stongest machine for my multi plats and I like the few Xbox exclusives that there are. I have a PS4 but no desire for a Pro (yet) and I do not have or want a PC.

op_ivy

Also, apparently they gave away the kinect adapter early on for free for people upgrading to the s. I hope to God they repeat this!

Colbert

Banned
A stand to put it vertical so that the "project scorpio" lettering is sideways? Interesting choice

Indeed. But it is official!

iV0CBch.png

FinKL

So if the Day 1 is the same thing as a normal Xbox One X but comes with that stand, I'm in. There's some value there. Can't wait until Sunday

The best console to play red dead 2, Destiny 2 and games like Halo, Gears, Forza alone make it worth it for me

Edit: Sea of Thieves too gotta give rare love

ElNino

How do these questions keep coming in Xbox threads? Anyone who knows about NeoGAF, let alone a posting member, obviously knows what the Xbox is and what games it has. There really isn't any further explanation needed.

peppers

I plan on buying a 4K TV by the end of this year and I would like to have the best entertainment system that can take full advantage of it (and then some, based on the VRR capabilities). Coincidentally, I'm more interested in current and future software that's only available for this machine, compared to hardware built by the competition. Furthermore, I have invested a significant amount of money in this ecosystem in terms of software, and seeing that this kit will enhance these purchases even further makes it quite an easy decision. None of these reasons are too difficult to come up with and I'm sure they have been brought up countless times on this forum, but anyway. I hope this was helpful.

gamz

I plan on buying a 4K TV by the end of this year and I would like to have the best entertainment system that can take full advantage of it (and then some, based on the VRR capabilities). Coincidentally, I'm more interested in current and future software that's only available for this machine, compared to hardware built by the competition. Furthermore, I have invested a significant amount of money in this ecosystem in terms of software, and seeing that this kit will enhance these purchases even further makes it quite an easy decision. None of these reasons are too difficult to come up with and I'm sure they have been brought up countless times on this forum, but anyway. I hope this was helpful.

Why waste your time? No need to explain yourself.

ViciousDS

Banned
"Be the first" - are we thinking this is just day one or earlier?

It could swing both ways in PR

It could be an earlier launch for these models.....of which watch them charge people more or it just means come launch day those who are the first to experience Scorpio will get these units basically being a day one unit

I want to see how this console is so powerful before i buy it. But im afraid it will have been too late to wait for the digital foundry videos, with pre orders being sold out. I really do want this system for some reason, but i dont know why yet.

op_ivy

I want to see how this console is so powerful before i buy it. But im afraid it will have been too late to wait for the digital foundry videos, with pre orders being sold out. I really do want this system for some reason, but i dont know why yet.

Pre-order somewhere like Amazon, where you aren't charged till it ships, and cancel if you want after seeing more on it

Anyone ever preorder a console from Target before? Was wanting to go that route since I get a discount but I have no idea what to expect in terms of reliability.

If they're questionable then I may just preorder from Microsoft, especially if an early edition does happen.

peppers

Why waste your time? No need to explain yourself.

Oh I know what their intentions were, I just didn't want to give them the excuse to later claim that every time someone asks "a genuine question" they are met with hostility and therefore all discussion is pointless. I've seen that point made in Xbox threads way too often, that's all.

Man I'd pay for an earlier version, but not for Destiny 2 since Bungie said they won't make it run it at least for now and my buds are in PS4.

bumpkin

Gamestop will have a trade in offer for Xbox One X buyers.

VucWvxG.png
I wonder what it will be...

Here is an interesting quandary though. If I have my XB1 games installed on an external hard drive, would I be able to get an XB1X, set up my XBL account, plug in the drive and keep on trucking?

I wonder what it will be...

Here is an interesting quandary though. If I have my XB1 games installed on an external hard drive, would I be able to get an XB1X, set up my XBL account, plug in the drive and keep on trucking?

That's how it works on XB1 to XB1S right now, so I would assume it will work the same for XB1X.

Top Bottom