• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon : Future Soldier is a Natal game

toomuch73

"As we know, Ubisoft will be one of the most active publishers during the launch of Project Natal, the motion recognition device to Microsoft. If it was not until the heyday of E3 2010 before the Redmond company will launch an armada on its accessory called "revolutionary," we are now able to disclose proprietary information on a operator of the first games Natal.

According to our sources, the upcoming Ghost Recon: Future Soldier would be compatible with the device. A special game mode would therefore benefit from the recognition of movements, the aim being to keep the joystick in one hand and interact with the interface with your other paw. It is even possible to give orders through different types of movements directed by the wrist. You can imagine ... and we share your sentiment. "

Translate from french :
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/prochain-ghost-recon-natal-infos-actu-334962.html

glaurung

What the hell, so Ghost Recon is going to be a collection of minigames like Raving Rabbids?

Kind of want though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PS3pewpew.gif

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
toomuch73 said:
"As we know, Ubisoft will be one of the most active publishers during the launch of Project Natal, the motion recognition device to Microsoft. If it was not until the heyday of E3 2010 before the Redmond company will launch an armada on its accessory called "revolutionary," we are now able to disclose proprietary information on a operator of the first games Natal.

According to our sources, the upcoming Ghost Recon: Future Soldier would be compatible with the device. A special game mode would therefore benefit from the recognition of movements, the aim being to keep the joystick in one hand and interact with the interface with your other paw. It is even possible to give orders through different types of movements directed by the wrist. You can imagine ... and we share your sentiment. "

Translate from french :
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/prochain-ghost-recon-natal-infos-actu-334962.html

Yeah, don't get excited, people.

Zen

Banned
Hm, well I'll be interested to see how it turns out, it could be interesting. I wonder if it will have similar functionality for Eye.

In that set up you could still use the triggers to shoot.

Awesome, hopefully they implement hand signals during radio silent missions. Simple but effective way to bring Natal into the experience, with compromising on the core gameplay structure.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Vinterbird said:
Awesome, hopefully they implement hand signals during radio silent missions. Simple but effective way to bring Natal into the experience, with compromising on the core gameplay structure.

Okay, this actually sounds cool. I'm not sure I have faith in Ubisoft to implement such a thing, though.

Vinterbird said:

That's cool.

Come on, no one ever dreamed of issuing a detonation command closing and waving your fist like in Republic Commando?

"give me an explosive solution, delta".

xD

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I won't start getting excited about Natal until I SEE something really amazing or Natal is dirt cheap.

Isn't the thread title a bit of an overstate? I mean, there's a supposed natal-compatible optional mode in GR:FS.

It's not that the game is now "kill your enemies tickling them with your fingers".

xD

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The hand gesturing to control your squad actually sounds kind of cool. Also cool that it sounds like an optional thing that will not hamper the game for controller based gameplay at all.

JWong

Banned
chandoog said:
The hand gesturing to control your squad actually sounds kind of cool. Also cool that it sounds like an optional thing that will not hamper the game for controller based gameplay at all.
Did you like the voice command in End War?

Possibly could feel the same way.

chandoog said:

I can see great potential for multiplayer as well.

No more not just trash-talking!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
JWong said:
Did you like the voice command in End War?

Possibly could feel the same way.

I loved it. Especially the parts where you issue Alpha to checkpoint Ypsilon and Delta confirms they will be moving to Zeta.

Brashnir said:
With Natal, you can teabag noobs with your actual balls.

Do your balls have a dedicated point in Natal's skeleton, though, or are they just an approximation? Maybe the next version will track each of your balls separately.

Nab

I for one was hoping they were going to add some simple hand gestures for squad control to Gears 3. Maybe this will fill that desire.

eggandI

Banned
reminder said:
holy fucking shit :lol :lol :lol

oh man..

I wonder what happened to Ghost Recon. I had the first GRAW and back then it seemed like for sure it was the next big thing joinig the ranks of Halo/Gears/Killzone etc. Then it just kinda fell off the spotlight. Natal controlling...yeah somehow I don't think that's gonna be the trick.

TheOddOne

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Do your balls have a dedicated point in Natal's skeleton, though, or are they just an approximation? Maybe the next version will track each of your balls separately.
Dictated balls plugin takes up 33% of the 360 CPU.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
If Ubisoft can combine this with Just Dance Natal, they would have a GOTY contendere.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Also, I had a dream with a Leisure Suit Larry Natal game.

It was not a pleasant dream.

mandiller

Natal makes so much sense with a game like this. I can imagine regular controls with the 360 pad, but you can make actual gestures to tell your team to move up, get to cover, follow etc. proper army style.

That sounds cool to me. Natal used intuitively, not gimmickly.

Haunted

Terrible idea.
neorej said:
Wasn't Natal about controller-free gaming?
Only for the casuals, really.

Using the 360 controller in one hand is fucking retarded. I made fun of this idea when they showed the RE5 + Dualshock combo, I'm still making fun of it with the 360 controller. These things just aren't designed to be used with only one hand.

edit: oh wait, I'm stupid. You'd obviously play the game with a controller normally and use quick hand gestures for additional input. Yeah, that could work.

Now there's just the problem of Future Soldier looking terrible left. :lol

derFeef

Haunted said:
Terrible idea.

Only for the casuals, really.

Using the 360 controller in one hand is fucking retarded. I made fun of this idea when they showed the RE5 + Dualshock combo, I'm still making fun of it with the 360 controller. These things just aren't designed to be used with only one hand.
I would not see a problem because you are not doing it the whole time.

edit: saw your edit, so we are good ;)

Haunted said:

Well, it doesn't mean you'll be constantly playing with one hand.

Going by the article in the OP, you'll be leaving the controller for a few seconds, in order to give commands/whatever.

Is this playing with one hand?

Hell, it's like shifting gears with a racing wheel (given that Natal works fine. Though I'm not quite convinced about this).

EDIT: oh, ok xD

Yoboman

Hasn't it been stated that Natal doesn't recognise hand or finger gestures, more just arm and leg movements?

Yoboman said:
Hasn't it been stated that Natal doesn't recognise hand or finger gestures, more just arm and leg movements?

Later comments indicate that has changed, but we only have comments here and there to go on, untill E3 and developers can finally speak up about the hardware is capable of.

Yoboman said:

Natal does recognise finger gestures, however they have to be well defined. According to various reports.

Top Bottom