• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

I hope I get gold this time. I broke the record over 10 times already.
edit: ♪
hni_0072_mpouqr5o.jpg

Deeku

lol, I won my tourney! And got lots of awesome fish furniture too! Think I'm gonna make a fish room.

Also, after 4 fake paintings, I finally got a legit one from Red..wooo!

RoyalFool

Banned
Caught a 10m eel thingy, hopefully I have the competition in the bag. Really loving the game so far, it's going to be pretty difficult earning all that money without some fancy fruit - any fellow brits (or europeans) who fancy swapping some fruit with me (I've got peaches)?

I have a few questions, but I'm going to hit up an FAQ first just to see if it's not already answered elsewhere.

The music is awesome, it's a shame I'm going to miss out on most of the day-time jingles on due to working 6 days a week.

d+pad

I don't think it goes past 10. The town isn't as big as City Folk, 15 villagers plus up to 4 human players would be way too crowded. You gotta have room for all the new stores and community projects too.

Thanks for the response, Gunloc, and sorry for *my* late response. Anyway, I guess that makes sense. Still, I wish Nintendo would get back to the original's 15-villager limit someday. At least New Leaf doesn't have Wild World's daft 8-villager limit!

RoyalFool

Banned
I have a couple of questions that I can't find answers for elsewhere.

How can I adjust the shop opening hours? By the time I get back from work they are mostly shut and I refuse to cheat and edit the clock (slippery slope!).

Secondly I hear that on the island you can go on tours, but going on a tour will automatically sell everything in your inventory (this sounds wrong? maybe a dodgy translation) - anybody know if that's legit? Would be pretty peeved if my axe/net/shovel etc all vanished.

StayDead

I have a couple of questions that I can't find answers for elsewhere.

How can I adjust the shop opening hours? By the time I get back from work they are mostly shut and I refuse to cheat and edit the clock (slippery slope!).

Secondly I hear that on the island you can go on tours, but going on a tour will automatically sell everything in your inventory (this sounds wrong? maybe a dodgy translation) - anybody know if that's legit? Would be pretty peeved if my axe/net/shovel etc all vanished.

To adjust your towns laws go and see Shizue and sit down. It's the second option.

Secondly, I'm not sure about the inventory, but you drop all your stuff when you go to the island and you get to send stuff back via the box on the island. I think what it may mean is most of the time on tours you can't bring back a load of stuff minus fruit/flowers sometimes.

apricot

You don't need to worry about your axe etc. vanishing, as everything in your inventory on the mainland is kept separately from your island inventory, anyway. When you get to the island you borrow tools there.

You don't need to worry about your axe etc. vanishing, as everything in your inventory on the mainland is kept separately from your island inventory, anyway. When you get to the island you borrow tools there.
Plus, I've heard that anything still in your island inventory when you leave is automatically sold (at the island rate?) and put into your savings.

In a completely unrelated note, apparently you can throw things away into any sort of trashcan item. So if you have junk that you can't get rid of and you don't have the lost and found yet, you can toss it away from inside your own house.

StayDead

Soooo holiday furniture trading again.

I've got.

- Candle
- Wall Clock
- Wallpaper
- Rug
- Sofa
- Chair
- Telivision
- Closet
- Boot (decorative)
- Piano

To trade, who has the other stuff? :D

Soooo holiday furniture trading again.

I've got.

- Candle
- Wall Clock
- Wallpaper
- Rug
- Sofa
- Chair
- Telivision
- Closet
- Boot (decorative)
- Piano

To trade, who has the other stuff? :D

I've got:

Table
Boot (decorative)
Cute Christmas Tree
Big Christmas Tree
Dresser
Shelf
Rug
Wallpaper
Bed
Clock (Wall)

I'll trade for the:
Piano
TV
Closet
Candle
Sofa

Do you still need the Christmas Trees/Table/Bed StayDead?

I'm in the US (East Coast) until December 31st.

RoyalFool

Banned
Had the game a week now and still no Axe in the store! Typical Nintendo, Making me either wait an age for something when it's available in other peoples regions now!

Deeku

Yeah, the waiting gets pretty annoying when you reallllly need one (or three) to clear excess trees.

I have a spare one for you if you're able to jump online now.

StayDead

I've got:

Table
Boot (decorative)
Cute Christmas Tree
Big Christmas Tree
Dresser
Shelf
Rug
Wallpaper
Bed
Clock (Wall)

I'll trade for the:
Piano
TV
Closet
Candle
Sofa

Do you still need the Christmas Trees/Table/Bed StayDead?

I'm in the US (East Coast) until December 31st.

I need the table and the big christmas tree. I'll trade you all the items you need if you want. ^^

I need the table and the big christmas tree. I'll trade you all the items you need if you want. ^^

I'll get the table/big tree for you. I'm not sure what my plans for this weekend, but we'll meet up soon. I still need the TV, Piano, Closet, the Candle and the Sofa. It might change depending on what's in the store tonight. I'll update this post if anything changes~.

In other news, I got all the rooms in my house. Now I just need to upgrade the sizes. Did anyone complete all the upgrades yet?

StayDead

I'll get the table/big tree for you. I'm not sure what my plans for this weekend, but we'll meet up soon. I still need the TV, Piano, Closet, the Candle and the Sofa. It might change depending on what's in the store tonight. I'll update this post if anything changes~.

In other news, I got all the rooms in my house. Now I just need to upgrade the sizes. Did anyone complete all the upgrades yet?

I've ordered all the stuff you said you needed, so either way don't buy whatever appears in your list.

The only other item I think we both need is the Christmas Drawers and also the normal clock. Oh, Lamp too.

CANLI

Can we buy It online ?
I'm European. I wait 2-3 weeks to enhance my town and then exchange friend codes. I have 2 styles Of strawberries, peach, lemon, banana and 2 others fruits that i dont know ?

FYI, the guy who runs the site that plays the Animal Crossing music (depending on what time of day it is) updated for New Leaf.

Yay music!!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf the complete guide book (definitive edition).

Does this mean there's a lot of art or just photos of each item? I'd be tempted to get it if there's good art stuff in there...

CANLI

Hello, I'm playing since about 40 days everyday.
now i add my friend code.
I'll add the ones which are on the first page.

Cengoku FC: 2380-2364-4189

Thank you

edit: added royalfool too

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
lol with how busy ive been have not touched the game in ages. D: I wonder if all my villagers moved away :D

KuroNeeko

Just picked this up last night. I'm not sure how much I'll be playing it with Soul Hackers and Fantasy Life on my plate as well.

Spent the first 30 minutes with a big, chesire cat grin on my face so that's a good sign.

Still living in a tent. Looks like I have peaches in my town.

Random note - the chime that plays when I speak to Anne is so cute, I want to die. Anne 4 Lyfe.

Will get my friend code up after I've settled in a bit, but am definitely looking forward to winter break now.

I want to buy the game on the eShop...but I also want New Love Plus, Bravely Default and Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban. What should I do >_<
The real good thing about ACNL is that it's one of the two cheapest of the bunch, at 4800yen.

RoyalFool

Banned
I want to buy the game on the eShop...but I also want New Love Plus, Bravely Default and Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban. What should I do >_<
The real good thing about ACNL is that it's one of the two cheapest of the bunch, at 4800yen.

New Love Plus takes up tons of space (the game is 2gb, then the save-game appears to be huge too) so Animal Crossing makes more sense if your planning to put as many digital games as you can on a single memory card.

Deeku

I didn't get to play during the xmas/jingle stuff because I was busy.

I think I've hit the point in this game where I'm only playing like 20mins every 2 or so days:/

FYI, the guy who runs the site that plays the Animal Crossing music (depending on what time of day it is) updated for New Leaf.

Yay music!!

I'm bumping my own quote because hot damn... I had no idea this guy actually set it up to play KK Slider music on Saturday nights. So happy! Think it's all the older stuff though for now. I'm sure they'll get the New Leaf stuff in when they can (or at least I hope so!).

Top Bottom