• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest E3 reaction videos of all time

I didn't watch a compilation. I watched three reactions, being Easy Allies, Giantbomb's (tried getting through that) and Kinda Funny. Of those, EA's reactions lined up with what I was feeling throughout that conference, and I enjoyed it the most.

Regardless of how you watched it. It seems super petty to criticize people for not reacting the way you want. It's not even a review.

True Fire

Shoutout to everybody who reacted to NieR Automata before it got popular. They knew it was going to be good as soon as Yoko Taro's name popped up.

BruceCLea

Banned
Twilight Princess E3 reveal: Best
Gametrailers' fake as fuck E3 2015 reactions​: Worst

giphy.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I go into this thread expecting the OP to just be the Twilight Princess trailer and instead I gt a long list of other reactions which doesn't even include it.

Let us close this thread and start again.

This time doing it properly.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
In retrospect, Twilight Princess was not worthy of that reveal hype. I'm not saying it's a bad game, or even a bad Zelda, but I don't feel it embodied what was actually being cheered for there.

People were cheering the idea of an mature, cinematic and dramatically important Zelda. TP didn't get there. In retrospect it's basically an Ocarina expansion pack with shadows and bloom.

True Fire

The NieR 2 announcement was perfect because only dedicated Yoko Taro fans cared about it at the time, the game released less than 2 years later, and it was a fantastic game.

In Square Enix's presentation it was completely overshadowed by Just Cause 3 (shit), Star Ocean 5 (shit), Kingdom Hearts III (vaporware), Deus Ex (bomba), Rise of the Tomb Raider (meh), and HITMAN (bomba). Square Enix definitely didn't expect it to be the best game out of their presentation.

The "big three," on the other hand, is a bit of a nothingburger. VII Remake is a 2020 title, Shenmue III is still in development, and I've already returned TLG to EB Games.

VDenter

Banned
Twilight Princess E3 reveal: Best
Gametrailers' fake as fuck E3 2015 reactions​: Worst
Have to agree with this. That had to have been the most pathetic display i have ever seen from a professional gaming site. At least Giantbomb despite being a bit on the less enthusiastic side have a sense of dignity to them.

Jintor

In retrospect, Twilight Princess was not worthy of that reveal hype. I'm not saying it's a bad game, or even a bad Zelda, but I don't feel it embodied what was actually being cheered for there.

People were cheering the idea of an mature, cinematic and dramatically important Zelda. TP didn't get there. In retrospect it's basically an Ocarina expansion pack with shadows and bloom.

i don't even think the trailer was that hype. compare to the smash melee trailer, that's a well made trailer.

must have been a 'you had to be there' thing for zelda fans after the celda debacle (fanwise, wind waker obvs was dope_

farisr

As expected. Posts calling giantbomb jaded, and GT/EZA fake/cringe. People have different reactions get over it. It's okay to be cynical, and it's okay to get caught up in the hype as well. Some folks are looking for cynical play by play commentary, some people look for professional commentary, and some people are looking for folks to let let loose and react as they would if they were watching the conferences at home with their friends. None of them are the "wrong" way.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Have to agree with this. That had to have been the most pathetic display i have ever seen from a professional gaming site. At least Giantbomb despite being a bit on the less enthusiastic side have a sense of dignity to them.

There's being happy, and then there's jumping on tables and screaming like a tit.

Good lord, get a grip. They got excited and were loud, that's about the height of it. Jumping on tables? Sense of dignity?

Es tut mir leid

Elandyll

Banned
By far the Sony E3 2015 (Gametrailers). I wasn't even into reaction videos before, now I occasionally check a link if good

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
i don't even think the trailer was that hype. compare to the smash melee trailer, that's a well made trailer.

must have been a 'you had to be there' thing for zelda fans after the celda debacle (fanwise, wind waker obvs was dope_
You might be right.

It's not even the trailer people are cheering, it's what it represents in their hearts.

It's very similar to the FF7 Remake actually, in that it was something the fans wanted but had been made to believe for awhile that they would never get. (Current analogy might be: a Pokémon MMO)

It's hard to believe now, but in 2001-2004, you could kind of believe from their comments and behavior that Nintendo was never going to make a realistic next gen Zelda. It seemed for a time that Nintendo thought of it as an inherently cartoony series, and that the idea of serious Zelda was something the fans had kinda made up in their heads.

Budi

I don't follow GB that much, but this is a fake then? What are they really reacting to? Someone died?

vdhuudu34.gif

Jintor

they're a bit hard to find, but the nintendo world reactions to nintendo shit is usually pretty fun whenever someone manages to actually capture them

i'll get some links after i finish watching these other reaction vids

Hawk269

The most cringe worthy one that I remember is the one for Death Stranding. I cannot recall what site, I believe it had the Bozman guy, but their reaction to DS was so over the top it was really cringe worthy. Don't get me wrong, I get really excited for game reveals, but usually it is something you wanted a sequel too or a refresh of a game you played. DS was something completely new, but it was just a cinematic with no game play in it, no mention of what kind of game it is, basically just a trailer that the only think it told you was that it had a known actor in it and the title of the game. To get the reaction those guys showed was just horrible. I can understand that reaction for something that you know about or know what kind of game it is etc... But for me that is the most memorable cringe worthy reaction.

WaterAstro

The most cringe worthy one that I remember is the one for Death Stranding. I cannot recall what site, I believe it had the Bozman guy, but their reaction to DS was so over the top it was really cringe worthy. Don't get me wrong, I get really excited for game reveals, but usually it is something you wanted a sequel too or a refresh of a game you played. DS was something completely new, but it was just a cinematic with no game play in it, no mention of what kind of game it is, basically just a trailer that the only think it told you was that it had a known actor in it and the title of the game. To get the reaction those guys showed was just horrible. I can understand that reaction for something that you know about or know what kind of game it is etc... But for me that is the most memorable cringe worthy reaction.

Wow the troll is real here. Can't seem to tell genuine excitement.

Easy Allies Sony reaction was top notch last year.

Top Bottom