• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey trailer (October 27th)

Kouichi

God damn this blew me away! It's crazy that with all the awesome stuff they announced that this is still the game that surprised me the most.

dani_dc

The trailer didn't exactly sell me in the game, the world looks great, but the capture mechanic seems like it might steal the focus away from the platforming mechanics.

KissVibes

Banned
I can't believe this wild new direction for Mario in Mario Odyssey!

JI14AiX.jpg

Mistle

Holy shit jazz Mario with enemy transformations and 64 gameplay

A++++++

Haven't been this excited for a Mario game since Galaxy

I was like, huh, Jurassic World? Then the camera panned up to the T-rex head to reveal a Mario hat, and I was like MARIO IN JURASSIC WORLD?!

I can't believe ​Nintendo actually remembered Pauline. I should've seen it coming tho because of the level theming but I'm still in shock.

Also an actual honest to goodness vocal song in Mario is so damn weird. Like, those "Mario = Sonic Adventure" memes are looking even more validated now.

Majmun

Wtf did I just watch?? It's kinda strange for a Mario game. But it looks fun and full of life. Can't wait to play it.

KayMote

The trailer was freakin' amazing! But now seeing the game being played I got a little bit worried. The controls don't look as fun and smooth as in Super Mario 64 or Sunshine to be honest.

I like the new mechanic. It looks fun.

I'm watching them play New Dark City and I don't want to play that level based on what I see.

Maybe some of the others will be better.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I still don't like how the city looks. I find it ugly. And this turns me off the game despite liking the new mechanic.

The T-Rex was very cool though.

This looks so great. I was bummed out this wasn't going to be like 3D World as that's my favourite 3D Mario so far, but I'm sold now.

Top Bottom