• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Bowlie

Banned
I'll finish my Anima... later... I think.

---

ir8uh4shltxy.png

Exodist

Are you a Savage Raider? Find a Noct AST buddy and raid away; WHM is getting a raw deal but all signs point to it being functional. Just not, y'know, particularly appealing.

If you're more casual and more of a dungeon player, wreck shit. WHM's new skills are not good for the way heavy healing works in the game, but Thin Air + more Assizes + Holy still being awesome and the AOE nerfs SCH is getting will make WHM uncontested dungeon king.

There's definitely a lot with WHM that'll need fixing whenever Yoshida decides to acknowledge everything is not fine, but for the most part it works.

Yeah only a casual raider/dungeon player, done a lot of content but not too hardcore. I love the fact that you can level the other classes, I just cannot be bothered. Got my job and cross class skills obviously, but literally only have that done and then a 60 WHM so yeah I'm stuck with it. I'm not too concerned, already told my friends they'll have to deal with it but yeah definitely don't want to be stuck with an unviable class.

Luminaire

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go~!

Likely going AST (after nearly 4 years of SCH) so that my co-healer doesn't need to learn cards. At least I get pretty stars.

Aeana

Yeah only a casual raider/dungeon player, done a lot of content but not too hardcore. I love the fact that you can level the other classes, I just cannot be bothered. Got my job and cross class skills obviously, but literally only have that done and then a 60 WHM so yeah I'm stuck with it. I'm not too concerned, already told my friends they'll have to deal with it but yeah definitely don't want to be stuck with an unviable class.
Don't let the memes fool you -- WHM is going to be plenty capable of healing everything.

Don't worry, WHM 4.0 didn't reach WAR 2.0 level of bad.

Jijidasu

Nice OP. Bunch of resources (such as the fishing one) I had no idea about lol.

Might take a moment to drop some information here for people living in Japan or other Asian regions who are looking for a FC/LS to play with. A number of JGAF play on Durandal and we're always open to new members. We're small in number and while only a handful of us are active year-round, with a better roster we could effectively begin routine activities. We also have a Japanese FC and side-LS for those who can communicate in Japanese.

So, if anyone is looking for a new home, now is an especially good time as there is going to be a world-shift program with great benefits for moving to underpopulated worlds. Durandal isn't confirmed as one of the target worlds but we wouldn't be surprised if it was.

(I'm at work right now and will not be able to check the thread often but in the off chance this piques someone's interest, drop me a PM!)

If you're not doing the savage raids, don't let it bother you. WHM will still be plenty viable in the vast majority of content.

iammeiam

Yeah, you're fine then. WHM's biggest problem is essentially you're not going to find a lot of proactive raid recruitment for them since they bring nothing to the table; raid meta is basically going to be AST + whatever, and SCH's fairy and crit buff give them a synergy edge.

WHM at 70 looks a whole lot like WHM at 60, it's mostly just that their biggest new system is like 90% non interactive. Stuff procs on its own and autospends when you use normal skills. It didn't really strengthen WHM weak points.

Kenai

I'm so in. Got the whole weekend off since freshly moved. Hitting the ground running with AST now and RDM or MCH or BRD later depending on how fun I find them.

Y'all gonna start believing in the heart of the cards if ya haven't already.

Gold_Loot

I have this pre ordered through steam. Am I good to go for the early access on Friday, or is there anything else I need to do?

Audioboxer

I really need to start playing FF14 again. I have a level 51 character I haven't touched in like a year.

Pretty certain I'll be ridiculously overwhelmed trying to pickup from there after all this time, but patch 4.0 changes sound interesting.

Kenai

I have this pre ordered through steam. Am I good to go for the early access on Friday, or is there anything else I need to do?

Did you register your code-ish things on Mogstation? If so then you should be gud as long as you register the code you'll get for post ea when those go out

iammeiam

My FC is going to try and get a bigger house on Balmung when EA starts. It's gonna be a shitshow.

The new housing plots aren't going in when EA starts; it's coming at some point after launch to be named later. Balmung is going to be a shitshow whenever it happens, but trying to buy a house at the start of EA is just gonna be an exercise in disappointment.

Kenai

My FC is going to try and get a bigger house on Balmung when EA starts. It's gonna be a shitshow.
They are specifically releasing housing later on so people can enjoy everything else. Gl on that when it does drop though, I am sure it will still be painful

Hype.

Started a new character 4 weeks ago, got MNK to lv53 and reached the beginning of the Heavensward MSQ, where I've been parked waiting for SB to come out so I can switch to RDM and do both HW and SB back to back. I'll probably job potion PLD to lv60 once I reach lv70 on my RDM and work that job up, too. And I've played AST to lv48 in the wait for SB, so I'll have 1 dps, 1 heals, and 1 tank probably within reasonable range of level cap. :D

Always envied RDM in the one year I played FFXI (its first year in North America), but never got around to playing one. FFXIV's RDM is significantly different in its utility, but still stylin'-as-ever... Can't wait.

Guess Who

Banned
the real question is, what fool made Yotsuyu a hyur and not an au ra

"you know, ffxiv just has too many plot-important au ra (ie, like, one). let's make this asian-looking, japanese-named character in doma not an au ra."

I think the jump potions come out on Friday.

Yes, Jump Potions will be ready for EA, so you can fund motion captured cs for everyone in 5.0.

Luna 2B?

Good, thanks. I shall be roleplaying as monk.

Also, Ken, you might want to put my post back in the OP for those who will inevitably have connection issues. There might be a lot depending on the number of new players that Stormblood brings.

neoemonk

Tonight is the last night I do Moogle quests before the expansion. I'm curious to see if anything has changed with crafting and gathering.

Yes I know I'm boring

Squishy3

I really don't want to have to do the Dragonsong War quests to access the new area. I've got about 14 quests left to finish Heavensward. Then 44 more to finish Dragonsong War. Ugh. I might be doing a lot of cutscene skipping for that, unfortunately.
You can bust through it pretty easily, barring queue times. It's nowhere near as long as ARR was.

Good, thanks. I shall be roleplaying as monk.

Also, Ken, you might want to put my post back in the OP for those who will inevitably have connection issues. There might be a lot depending on the number of new players that Stormblood brings.
The information's in there, it just isn't quoted now.

the real question is, what fool made Yotsuyu a hyur and not an au ra

"you know, ffxiv just has too many plot-important au ra (ie, like, one). let's make this asian-looking, japanese-named character in doma not an au ra."
Not all Domans are Au Ra nor are all Au Ra Domans. Doma is just the name of that specific kingdom, which is a small part of the entirety of Othard, and Othard is just about as big as Aldenard, if not slightly larger. Not to mention Yugiri probably led the largest amount of Au Ra from Doma to Aldenard.

Kenai

I feel like Yotsuyu will be a disappointing character. SE can't do any strong females at all lately.

I feel like they have a pretty good track record as far as 14 is concerned? I mean there was Minfillia and Mide but then there Yshtola and Yugiri and Ysalle and Yda and Allisae and even non humans like Vidofnir. Both of the MMOs have been pretty good about that actually

Guess Who

Banned
Not all Domans are Au Ra nor are all Au Ra Domans. Doma is just the name of that specific kingdom, which is a small part of the entirety of Othard, and Othard is just about as big as Aldenard, if not slightly larger. Not to mention Yugiri probably led the largest amount of Au Ra from that region to Aldenard.

The point being, there are extremely few plot-relevant Au Ra in the game, and Yotsuyu feels like a missed opportunity to make a major one.

I feel like they have a pretty good track record as far as 14 is concerned? I mean there was Minfillia but then there Yshtola and Yugiri and Ysalle and Yda and Allisae and even non humans like Vidofnir. Both of the MMOs have been pretty good about that actually

I dunno because Yugiri wasn't really elaborated on which makes me glad she's a main character in Stormblood. None were strong to me except maybe Ysayle? Y'shtola is pretty weak and the SB trailer may point to her
getting weaker/dead
and so is Yda. As
Lyse she will be a different story for sure. I'm really looking forward to her arc and I hope she isn't killed off.
Allisae had one badass scene in HW but it didn't make me go wow. Ysayle was the one I could really connect with and recognize her cause though.

Minfillia is beyond useless sadly.

duckroll

The point being, there are extremely few plot-relevant Au Ra in the game, and Yotsuyu feels like a missed opportunity to make a major one.

I disagree. They clearly don't want to typecast the race. We'll see more Au Ra in SB but not just as Doma warriors.

aka_bueno

I made it to level 49 this morning before work, only have a few hours tonight after work to get to 50 since servers will be down all of Thursday!

Then I can continue on Friday as Red Mage oh yeah!

Or should I keep playing as Bard, hmm...

Also contemplating to buy the potion that skips your past the story and gets you caught up to Stormblood. I'm basically almost done with ARR, so I would just be skipping Heavansward expansion. I'm sure there's a YouTube compilation I can watch to get me up to speed during the server downtime.

Squishy3

I'm totally willing to bet the Au Ra princess from the Ninja storyline will make an appearance, considering Oboro also featured in one of the trailers.

Top Bottom