• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

I'm curious to see how many console owners here have been planning to get an Xbox One X.
A little on me as a gamer. The previous two generations I was mainly a og xbox and xbox 360 gamer.
I stuck with the ps4 this gen because Sony focused on games far more than ms, and I find the ds4 and ps4 os to be far superior to xbox one controller/os.
Did have an xbox one for a a while but sold them due to no xbox exclusives I wanted.
I do like the extra gpu power the OneX has over the pro and the extra ram will allow for higher quality assets if the devs go that route. But with practically the same cpu as the ps4 pro thats all you're going to get for the most part apart from more stable framerates.
However, I dont think this extra gpu power and ram is going to be worth it for me to put out $500 without some games I cant play on ps4/pc to take advantage of it. Especially since I already have a ps4 pro.
I also have a pc with a i5 4690k and gtx 780 that I can pop a new gpu in which would also mitigate my need for a OneX.
So in short, I have no plans to upgrade right now. Could change in the future depending on ms's first-party How about you ? Would you keep your old console ? Even if I did buy a OneX I would keep my ps4 pro.
EDIT:
I should have been more clear. I meant console only and console/pc gamers.
I didnt include pc only gamers because I thought that group would be the least interested in an xbox one x.

Kind of. It's all the power I could ever need without many of the games to back it up. I wanna see the benefits of a 1080 screen before I get one for sure.

After seeing what it can do and especially being the smallest manufacturered console relative of it's power, yep. It won me over. It really is an amazing piece of tech.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Yep.

Seeing how good downsampled games look on my Pro has convinced me that I don't need to buy a 4K TV yet.

So yeah I'll be getting the One X for sure.

Betty

Banned
Not even remotely.

The exclusives, crackdown 3 & Sea of Thieves especially, look average this far into the generation.

I don't like the Xbox controller compared to the DS4, even the Switch Pro controller which is also superior.

Nothing shown about the XOX convinced me it's worth the price of admission.

Mediking

Not. At. All.

Not convinced....

They REALLY need to self invest for first party studios. Like seriously.

I have a PS4 and a Switch. Just show me cool exclusive games and I'm there for X.

AGITΩ

Even as a 4k TV owner Im still not convinced on either X or the Pro. The list of games that support them arent diverse enough to warrant buying an upgraded system that plays the same games.

anothertech

The fact it exists means I will get one just to replace my Xbone, but they have done very little to convince me to buy one at launch.

Was really hoping for some big game drops at E3, but alas. Will probably wait for the first major price drop.

JusDoIt

It would have been a tough sell for me at $399 because I already got a Pro and a regular Xbox One and only a 1080p TV. $499 was the official deal breaker.

Maybe when they got a showcase exclusive and the price drops or I get a 4K set.

Kolx

My OG xbox one has been collecting dust for months now, and I already have a PC capable of running games on 4k 30fps. If it wasn't for the fact I found a ps4 pro with a 4k tv as an offer for cheap I wouldn't have bought that either.

mrk8885

Banned
Definitely not.

I upgraded my PS4 to a pro.

I upgraded my Xbox one to an S.

I don't see any compelling reason to further upgrade to an x right now. If that changes sign me up.

MoonFrog

Nope. But I would probably buy an S anyway if I bought an Xbox One.

I'd buy it (S) for a critical mass of exciting exclusive content (to me).

Thing is...I game on PC and MS is putting its games there too so if they've got an exclusive I want, I'll just pay them on PC. So I really don't see myself buying an S.

MrGerbils

I have a pretty big and nice 4K tv and bought a PS4 Pro and am underwhelmed. Not because it's not true 4K or anything but because it turns out I don't really care about 4K.

If they were using the new power to push new modes or graphical effects that were otherwise impossible or anything really new I'd definitely bite.

Don't think I'm gonna do it again with the XbX. I'm definitely in for their next true system though whenever that comes out.

Only once I see a tangible benefit for 1080p TV owners.

I have a badass 65" Panasonic VT60 plasma and once there is a 4K TV at a decent price that is worthy of replacing it, I'd have to invest in that along with a new receiver that can handle 4K/60FPS before I even consider getting a One X otherwise.

I've never owned an xbox, and they certainly didn't convince me to start with X. I tend to play mostly platform-exclusive titles (Uncharted on PS, Zelda on Nintendo), and I'm not particularly interested in any of MS's IPs. The lack of interest on exclusives, plus the fact I play on a 1080p TV, make the X an unattractive product to me.

Floody

Nope, mid gen consoles don't appeal to me at all yet, though I don't have (or really even want) a 4K TV, so I'm not really the target, $499 would've turned me off instantly if I was though.

Do like how it looks though, wasn't expecting it to go for my weak spot and look like a (modern) PS2.

Monocle

No, I don't need it. Still have tons of games to play on my XB1.

Anthem looks hot but not killer app hot.

Kerm 1

Absolutely! Getting three at launch. 4K, High-end gaming PC with dual 1080ti. PS4 which is rarely used. Sign me up.

Slashlen

Lol no, MS's exclusives situation has left me with no interest in the console whatsoever. Even it it was priced at $199, I think I shrug and keep walking.

RedRum

Banned
Yup. No doubt in my mind. Trading in my S with games will put it far below the $499 price point that will give me an upgrade worth the cost.

Aceofspades

Banned
Xbox ecosystem is lacking exclusives. why would I invest $500 on a system just so I can squint my eyes to notice any IQ differences with games I can play on PRO. Not worth it.

GamerJM

Banned
No

I might buy one (or another upgraded version) some day solely to have the best versions of multiplats that got released in some kind of physical format, though.

Bought a 4K tv earlier this year in preparation and a ps4 pro to tie me over until the X is released. I have to say i’ve barely played my xbox since getting the tv and the pro, but i’m looking forward to jumping back in and playing all my current xbox games in wonderful 4K. I gave forza a spin a e3 and it looked fantastic. The did something to the lighting compared to 6; it has a CG like softness. Different compared to GT Sports hyper releastic model. I liked it. Less harsh than the old games.

Kacho

Gold Member
As someone who is heavily invested in the Xbox ecosystem it's an absolute no brainer to get one. Xbox X will pay for itself over the next 3-4 years as we wait for next gen.

Top Bottom