• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

I want it aswell :(
How do you get it?

shit do you have any idea how you got that? How many years have you had gold?

Who's getting them?

Wonder what qualified you for this gift?

Wat? Who's getting this for free? Wonder if this is a Rewards gift for achievements?

Wait, I got one too. So does this mean I get the full version for free? I wonder if they chose us based on our membership or something....

To everyone asking why: I have updated OP. Spoiler: I don't know.

dugdug

Banned
Jesus, does it really say "Seriously. This game's a killer. Killer Instinct, that is." at the top of that email?

Did Microsoft hire Bruce Vilanch to market this?

Gadirok

I just checked my email, nothing... Come on Microsoft, I've been supporting you even THROUGH the DRM fuck up. I want love too. :(

EDIT: What's the Email header, so I can be on the look-out for this?

In that case, its hilarious they didn't bother sending it to you. lol.

Rains

Same here been a live member for 6 to 7 years and 100k score not sure whether that was a factor or not

Banned
+1 to Microsoft. That's a great promotion. One of the most sought after launch titles for free?

kuYuri

I got this email as well. At first I was like "what the hell, isn't KI already free?" than I realized it was the characters that became free. :p

Minions

Free game, only $500!

Seriously though, Can't complain about them unlocking all the characters for you, though I bet it is only for the initial set. I bet they end up releasing DLC patches with more and more characters as time goes on. Kudos to MS.

I just checked my email, nothing... Come on Microsoft, I've been supporting you even THROUGH the DRM fuck up. I want love too. :(

EDIT: What's the Email header, so I can be on the look-out for this?

What if they know they you will already buy the console, so they won't send you free stuff? Perhaps it is to entice people that won't buy the console and are trying to sweeten the deal?

Gadirok

Very cool email but isn't this already free?

Yes, but now you get like 5 more characters instead of paying for them. Originally all you got was Jago out of the 6 or 7 launch characters for the F2P version? Something like that.

Its just the launch characters though.

daman824

Wasn't this game supposed to be free all along?
The full $20 game includes 6 characters at launch with 2 more released early next year for a total of 8 characters. The free "demo" includes one rotating character with all game modes. MS is giving all 8 characters out to people.

oti

Banned
shirley-oh-thats-nice.gif

Asd202

That's actually pretty awesome! I wish PS4 had a good fighter at launch. Hopefully Injustice will be good on PS4!

Dude PS3 and PS4 are getting new Guily Gear no signs of either 360 and Xbone versions. I would take that over KI developed by Double Helix even if I had to wait.

Soup Bar

I also got the same email. I might give the code to a friend of mine unless he gets the same email, because I'm not getting an Xbox One at launch.

To clarify, so we can try and see the reqs... I have a 6 year gold tenure, over 100k gamerscore, rewards member since beginning, preordered from MS store (not through console)

Oh you mean that F2P game made by Double Helix?

And NOT Rare?

Pretty sure Double Helix hit this one out of the park. They've been very transparent about the development and when I played it at the Tour, it was absolutely worthy.

Do you really want Rare making this? They're Rare in name only now

Meier

None for me despite being a long-term Live subscriber. No Xbox One preorder achievement thing though so maybe that's the reason. Nice gesture by them to combat the free PS+ games.

Gadirok

Dude PS3 and PS4 are getting new Guily Gear no sign of 360 and Xbone versions.

Not at launch though.

I'd be so down for a Tekken game ready for launch, but it looks like its not happening.

Tekken Revolution is great though and they could have just ported that to the PS4 IMO from the PS3 (it came out less than 6 months ago too). Would have been awesome. Plus, like KI its f2p.

Canadian here, and I got the email. Have had gold for almost 6 yrs and am at the highest Rewards level.

All I need now if for 360 fightstick compatibility. Pipe dream I know, but I'm not into fighters enough to go out and buy a new one.

SpacLock

Damn, I've been on XBL since it started. Nothing for me!

Good on them giving it to some people though. Can't wait to play the game.

Top Bottom