• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Baliis

Got my first Shin'en kill last night pretty happy with that. Bit rough for me though. Im using a set up of Suoh^, s'naip^, bahl^, Palpa^, Ma'curi, and Kraken Kino that someone posted on the TB forums and it works well, but I don't have the CEs that he used to kill both staffs and have to rely on a paralyze from Kraken to get me into turn 2 but it's pretty straightforward from there if I don't mess up the movement.

Also, I didn't pay attention to the patch notes much but did they nerf all the Kino monsters like crazy? I only tried Kraken last night, but I can kill him easy on turn 2 now, don't even need a power point.

Also, I didn't pay attention to the patch notes much but did they nerf all the Kino monsters like crazy? I only tried Kraken last night, but I can kill him easy on turn 2 now, don't even need a power point.
Nerfed + you get much more animata items from first 2 difficulty.
There's even a capture rate up for one of the Kinos per week, if you need for recode.

Baliis

Nerfed + you get much more animata items from first 2 difficulty.
There's even a capture rate up for one of the Kinos per week, if you need for recode.

I noticed the extra animals items and the monster up, though I have Yukken anyways. Guess the easier difficulty is nice for new players. Makes faster farming for me anyways

docbon

Wait, what? Dracorins are adventurers now. I was wondering what those drops were for, lol.

I guess I got blinded by the presence of lucky runners.

Wait, what? Dracorins are adventurers now. I was wondering what those drops were for, lol.

I guess I got blinded by the presence of lucky runners.
On Hiso stream earlier today, they showed a Dracorin Λ recode for next patch.
He's indeed a full on adventurer now. :eek:

Also, Djugan finally getting a recode. Very first S character I pulled at launch.
M1KzX57.png

Staab

Got my first Shin'en kill last night pretty happy with that. Bit rough for me though. Im using a set up of Suoh^, s'naip^, bahl^, Palpa^, Ma'curi, and Kraken Kino that someone posted on the TB forums and it works well, but I don't have the CEs that he used to kill both staffs and have to rely on a paralyze from Kraken to get me into turn 2 but it's pretty straightforward from there if I don't mess up the movement.

Finally managed to kill him too, I had saved up on completing chapter 35 in order to keep the stages in hard mode... and god, that was fucking hard !
I used Bahl^, Snaip^, Gatz ^, Palpa^, Camilla^ and Kraken kino, no CEs either so I had to rely on a bit of luck but finally got it :D

Seeing how I had to S/L over 50times, I'm not sure I want to keep on farming him though, sigh...

Some small news from yesterday's stream:
We'll finally (1 year later) reach 2.7M download for "Team Fusijaka's World".
They should announce it soon.

Also, someone on TB forum noted the following:
"towards the end of the stream Sakaguchi said they might introduce characters from the new game into Terra Battle as a "collaboration". He let something slip here: he referred to Terra Battle as "Terra Battle 1"

Did we finally fund Terra Battle console game ? :O
prob not.

Seeing how I had to S/L over 50times, I'm not sure I want to keep on farming him though, sigh...
Not worth farming until you get Mizell and her O companion that "destroys" kinetic traps.
You can always drag Shin'en into that new Luck grind stage for simple 100 Luck.

Byvar

On the future of Mistwalker's console game development:
Gooch said:
This is a question about console games... [...]
... Hm, so it's about that. What is going to happen with our console games lineup.

Uh... so Terra Battle is an iOS/Android game, and we have a Download Starter where we bring in more artists and composers to collaborate as more people download the game. Our 2 million goal was to make a Terra Battle console game. I made that promise long ago.
I'm working on it. I've written the scenario and I'm trying to work out the systems, but production isn't moving as fast as I want it to. Still, we're trying our best to get it done.
Yaaaaayy..... *turns on applause track* We'll make it good!
From Ask The Gooch 1

That reply really feels like: "Console games? What is that? Well, we have this mobile game, it's been out for years, have you heard of it? Wait, you have but you wanted to know about console games? Ugh okay, I said I would try to make a console game again so I'm working on it. I've written the story but haven't thought out the gameplay mechanics yet so since I have no idea how it will work we haven't actually started working on the game."
These streams can be so awkward sometimes.

So there's been nothing really new with content in TB lately.

PC version got released today though.
You can download the app HERE.

It's in JP at first, but pretty basic to install.
Once in, you can change language.

Really smooth, but not used to dragging units around with mouse yet.

If you pre-registered for it before, should be a code for a special otomo in email.

docbon

Downloaded it last night. Pretty sweet. You can have your account synced between the PC version and the mobile one, though the PC version seems to be 4.6.1 instead of 4.6.3. If anyone wants to swap referral codes, PM me.

edit: here's the item bonus for preregistering for the AndApp version.

4zlBr0I.png

Physical / Non-Elemental magic cross attack damage. Dunno the scaling yet though.

Oh cool! Hope the NA version launches soon enough
There won't be an official NA release for this since the client "AndApp" is a JP-only thing.

You can still select the English language though once you launch Terra Battle after you install "AndApp", since official mobile version is a Global game.

docbon

The Mobius Final Fantasy Strike event went live as of an hour ago. So far I've managed to get two Knight's cards from Wol on wave 5. Not sure what triggers what yet, though.

duckroll

anyone figure out what makes the moogle run away? I have yet to be able to kill him.

He runs away if you fail to kill him. You just have to... kill him. He doesn't drop anything but tons of money though. The event is overall a disappointment, but it's just a distraction so it's not a big issue.

He runs away if you fail to kill him. You just have to... kill him. He doesn't drop anything but tons of money though. The event is overall a disappointment, but it's just a distraction so it's not a big issue.

Hrmm ok. I guess I'll bring a few harder hitters.

This doesn't drop any of the echo recode items or anything at all?

Byvar

Looks like an FFXV event is coming to Terra Battle, with Noctis as a new recruitable character. On the FFXV side of the collaboration, a Terra Battle car sticker will be added to that game as well as 3 music tracks.

More importantly, it looks like beta testing has opened for Mistwalker's future game? You need to be 20 or older, in Japan, and own an Android: https://goo.gl/forms/BtTWCPMXrAqGNp672
I guess that confirms their new game is mobile...

Someone in the stream also joked about The Last Story 2, which is just cruel :/

Foolworm

Finally beat Mutoh, with a physical team no less - it's staggering how much more damage a Z peta does.

4.7.0 looks to be interesting with new collabs, characters and revamped PvP. Highly looking forward to it.

duckroll

Finally beat Mutoh, with a physical team no less - it's staggering how much more damage a Z peta does.

4.7.0 looks to be interesting with new collabs, characters and revamped PvP. Highly looking forward to it.

I never managed to beat the two super bosses. Any tips? I feel that I've fallen into a casual routine of just doing dailies and seasonal events, without really looking into how to build a super strong party for major challenges like that. The traps they introduced really messed with my approach to the game.

Baliis

I never managed to beat the two super bosses. Any tips? I feel that I've fallen into a casual routine of just doing dailies and seasonal events, without really looking into how to build a super strong party for major challenges like that. The traps they introduced really messed with my approach to the game.

Shin'en I did with a team of Bahl, S'naip, Ma'curi, Palpa, Kraken Kino, and Suoh, all ^ except Ma'curi of course. It's really not too bad as long as you can survive the first turn to get disarm kinetic trap activated since Shin'en doesn't respawn the traps once you destroy them. It's a bit rough for me since I can't one turn both staves without CEs so I have to rely on Kraken to paralyze one as well. Once you survive the first turn though it's just a few turns of not messing up pincers and he's dead. Alternatively, pray you roll Mizell and roll through it with her disarm trap equip companion.

I haven't really tried Mutoh but I feel like I probably would need a second tapper, better companions, and idk, a levitate equip character or something to do movement on the first turn? Though I think I saw someone on the TB forums say that they're nerfing phys teams ability to kill Mutoh by limiting 1.5x damage to 4 stacks or something? Shame since I don't have any of the good photon mages. I haven't done any of the dragons besides Primordial either, though I could prob give Resplendent a shot if I leveled up my axion dragons since I have a decent line up of casters, no graviton characters really except Lacuma and a low SB Shin'en. Palpa is still my only tap as well which hurts (not including Zavison with his augment defense tap).

Terrabattleforum has the upcoming event datamined:

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/terra-battle-4-7-0.12667/

Looks like chocobos will be the new celestial envoy!

I missed the Last Story event so this'll be great for my team.

I saw that too, excited since CE seems so useful if you don't have the grand Peta companions. The Shin'en and Mutoh hard mode unlocking after Ch 38 is nice too so I can actually do those now. Cryptid ruler on Dracorin ^ seems interesting too. Wonder if the increased chance will be worth bringing along instead of just having a sixth unit you wanna boost.

Foolworm

Ballis pretty much said it - his/her team for Shinen is the minimum required. Mutoh is not possible with a physical team anymore since the cap to 1.5x skills, which is a bummer (1 day later and I would never have made it!). I guess Mistwalker is adamant on players beating those bosses the way they intended.

Anyway, PvP seems to be getting overhauled with the introduction of a cost system, no doubt to introduce some variety and creativity in play. I would rather they did something about disconnecting players though...

duckroll

Thanks for all that. I think I might need to buff up some characters I forgot about. What's the benefit of Palpa^ btw? I... err... never recoded her... >_<

Baliis

Thanks for all that. I think I might need to buff up some characters I forgot about. What's the benefit of Palpa^ btw? I... err... never recoded her... >_<

She has the Augment Attack tap skill which is super super useful. You need it for skipping phases in bosses and stuff like with Primordial dragon king if you have good DPSers you can do a double pincer, then next turn use Palpas taps and double pincer again to push him straight through the Thrash phase so that you don't need to use to tonberries and healers to get through it. Most of the tap skills are on rare Z units, so Palpa is nice as a freebie pretty much.

Also useful just for farming animata items too since you can one turn most of the kino/8-bit bosses with a tap.

duckroll

She has the Augment Attack tap skill which is super super useful. You need it for skipping phases in bosses and stuff like with Primordial dragon king if you have good DPSers you can do a double pincer, then next turn use Palpas taps and double pincer again to push him straight through the Thrash phase so that you don't need to use to tonberries and healers to get through it. Most of the tap skills are on rare Z units, so Palpa is nice as a freebie pretty much.

Also useful just for farming animata items too since you can one turn most of the kino/8-bit bosses with a tap.

If I already have Gatz^ would having Palpa^ as well be more helpful or does it matter less?

Baliis

If I already have Gatz^ would having Palpa^ as well be more helpful or does it matter less?

Mm I think more popular shin'en strats use two tappers so that you can use one to kill the staves at the start, but PDK you only need one to skip the Thrash phase.

duckroll

Okay what the FUCK. I managed to destroy the two kinetic traps, killed both staves, and right after that the boss brings them all back after autokilling one of my units with a Death Roulette.

This isn't fun or fair?

Baliis

Okay what the FUCK. I managed to destroy the two kinetic traps, killed both staves, and right after that the boss brings them all back after autokilling one of my units with a Death Roulette.

This isn't fun or fair?

Hm I did a run just now with no problems. Staffs on turn 1 to get disarm trap up, kill traps and double pincer on turn 2, double pincer on turn 3, kill him with taps+pp on turn 4. It's pretty strict I think with his hp threshold, if you don't do enough damage on turn 2 I think that's what causes him to respawn everything, and after turn 3 (or whatever hp% anyways ) you'll get a message like "you spot a weak point in his defense" and you have to kill the turn after that or he wipes you.

I'll agree that it's not particularly fun lol, everything comes down to that first turn if you can attack the staves without losing someone to the traps and praying you paralyze the one Kraken pincers. Or you have Mizell and the whole fight is trivial since she can kill the traps on turn 1. I like PDK a little more since the trap interferes, but isn't insta game over if you hit it and you actually have to manage your damage to make sure you can push him past the Thrash phase properly.

Also, they really need to give Ma'curi a recode, he's single handedly holding my team back from being 100 luck by having like 30 less than all my recode characters lol.

duckroll

Oh I see, failing to damage the boss enough will cause a respawn cycle. Gotcha. Now I see why multiple tappers are advised. Because not being able to kill the staves in the first turn can fuck everything up. I guess I'll work on recoding Palpa to see how it goes.

Baliis

Oh I see, failing to damage the boss enough will cause a respawn cycle. Gotcha. Now I see why multiple tappers are advised. Because not being able to kill the staves in the first turn can fuck everything up. I guess I'll work on recoding Palpa to see how it goes.

Having only one tap makes it pretty rng heavy yeah. You have to be able to double pincer on the side on turn 2 since he columns and the staff can get in the way even if it's paralyzed.

docbon

Watching those retweets inch closer to 1,000 for the first tier rewards is like watching a failed kickstarter in real time.

2 hours til ffxv event starts btw.

duckroll

The new content is really, really good. I only managed to do the first FFXV quest so far, but I really liked the mechanics and the new Uematsu track is great. Dragon Road is fun as hell too. I love excuses to make parties I wouldn't otherwise make, and the exp bonus is great for leveling legacy dragon characters I didn't feel was worth the effort to level again (OG Bahamut/Leviathan, Tiamat, etc).

<3 Terra Battle <3

MiTYH

Hey all, thinking of getting back into this, haven't played in... a long time. I think a new account since I don't have the old one. Anything I should be focusing on in this new event? I've got some reading to do to catch up on everything I've missed

docbon

Allatar from the Terra Battle Forum provided some details for some hidden event conditions.

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/final-fantasy-xv-collaboration-event.12692/#post-156398

Basically

• If you kill Behemoth + adds in 4 turns on floor 1 of the first stage, you'll get a camp bonus that either partially or completely recovers your stamina.
  • If you have enough dropped ingredients, they get crafted into job items in stage 2.
  • If you see a chocobo on floor 2 of stage 3, you need to clear floors 2-5 within 4 seconds of drag time for each floor. If you do it correctly, the chocobo will appear on floor 6 and heavily damage the enemies in an aoe. Upon completion of the stage, you'll get the chocobo companion. You're limited to 2, however.

Baliis

Finally got a second chocobo, that took way too long. I wonder if I could get away with having a panda on Ma'curi for shin'en so that my team would have 100 luck.

Foolworm

I think stream news was actually about Fujisaka World, and not Matsuno.
So cry indeed.

He was showing off the script on screen (document name is matsuno_scenario_begin.jpg), so yeah unless he's trolling royally…

Fujisaka Quest is coming in 4.8.0 though so there's that. Guess they need something to placate their player base while their new title is in development.

Guess they need something to placate their player base while their new title is in development.
Heh. Probably.
I know he also said he wants a collab event when he launches that new game. :O

Really excited for whatever it is, but I fucking pray they'll do a simultaneous jp/global launch like they did with Terra Battle.
Also hoping they keep the "SB%" system (of removing characters from gacha pool).

Baliis

Always excited to have more content, but hopefully the unit requirements aren't too crazy for getting all the rewards. Having only Palpa as a tapper still is killing me T_T

NAZUMAAAA !
(I'm skipping and hoarding all energy for Fujisaka World or Matsuno if they have exclusive gacha characters like Senala was for "Vengeful Heart")

0512_nazunaA.png

Second chocobo acquired. RNG was wrecking me hard for a good week.
I just got my second one too. 2 weeks in.
:/

Anyone not have their 10/10 PC referral yet ? Haven't redeemed mine if you need.

Is there any kinda guide for Terra Battle? Something extensive like the Granblue Fantasy guide. I want to get back into this game and an wondering if there's any recommendations or tips on where to git gud. Its been years since I actually sat down and gave it my all attention.Here's my pool:

pPaLXss.jpg

23R7rWZ.jpg

meZiZ8d.jpg

owzla3z.jpg

My main party is:
deK4DSH.jpg

And that's just because googling a tier list told me so. So I dunno.

I'm only on Chapter 14, so am I correct in assuming it's best to stay above the difficulty level and grind via tickets?

What else?

Top Bottom