• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

stryke

I'm ready

sJjICbR.gif

Thank you Best Buy / GCU for always delivering a day ahead! This is why I always opt for GCU over Prime, when possible. Problem is, I need to finish the Ghost Recon Narcos DLC before I jump on this; sigh.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No

:(

I keep waiting for them to redeem the character after his role in Uncharted 3 was cut short, but all he's gotten is a throwaway mention in 4 and a skin in multiplayer.
This was the last shot. What a shame.

I initially loved UC4, then found that it really lost me by around the halfway point so I basically gave up on it and haven't went back since.

Is it a bad idea to play this game if I haven't finished UC4?

The pacing was my main issue with that game, namely the many long uninteresting sections that I felt were killing momentum in between the fun parts which seemed pretty few and far between.

This sounds like it's a lot tighter in that regard, and I love the series generally speaking, so... should I get this soon, or wait till I eventually finish UC4 first?

LiK

I initially loved UC4, then found that it really lost me by around the halfway point so I basically gave up on it and haven't went back since.

Is it a bad idea to play this game if I haven't finished UC4?

The pacing was my main issue with that game, namely the many long uninteresting sections that I felt were killing momentum in between the fun parts which seemed pretty few and far between.

This sounds like it's a lot tighter in that regard, and I love the series generally speaking, so... should I get this soon, or wait till I eventually finish UC4 first?

Finish the game. It's worth it before jumping into this one. Trust me.

BSpot

So I paid for this last night and today when I go to my PS4 in the store theres a count down where the buy button would be but I can't seem to preload it. Am I doing it wrong or is there no preload?

jwk94

So I paid for this last night and today when I go to my PS4 in the store theres a count down where the buy button would be but I can't seem to preload it. Am I doing it wrong or is there no preload?
Try checking your download list/library. It should be in there.

Spasm

Tempted to snag a Pro, when I pick up my copy at BB tomorrow, for my new 4K TV. Somebody talk me out of it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Two tries for the Way of the Warrior trophy, still nothing. Going to try a third time not restarting checkpoints and punching when I get spotted. What an annoying trophy.

To be clear the description sucks and is ambiguous, you have to play from prologue to the start of ch5 without touching guns or using explosives. I've done that twice now, but no luck yet.

aparisi2274

I picked up the game Saturday in NYC and finished it Sunday.... I give it a solid 85/100.

Here are some thoughts (Spoiler Marked of course):

Short game. Around 10hrs
9 chapters
Some minor gameplay mechanic issues, nothing to detracting.
Awesome story
Some awesome set pieces (its Uncharted, so thats a given)
Devious, yet fun puzzles
Nice to see Sam Drake show up.
Game definitely feels as if it started life as DLC for UC4 and over time ND decided to make it its own game.
Decent Villain.

On the EU box it is right next to the Dual Shock 4 and under the 50GB Minimum sign, where there is a space left on your box.

Ah, perhaps just a US or NA thing, then. Still, seems rather goofy given how iffy overall Pro support has been. You'd figure a flagship title would at least have the badge to promote the system on the cover.

I'm guessing the game cover was cut and completed long before development and given it costs more $ and time to reprint, they just pushed it out as is.

So i preordered the digital version from Amazon and I'm pre loading now but when I go to the PS store it still shows a price instead of a countdown and Amazon made no mention of Jak 1 as a bonus. Did I just screw myself over?

Kambing

I am not quite clear on this, but did they (or plan to) introduce new TLL inspired maps for MP? Also barring any twist, i wonder if Nadine is still considered a 'villain' during loadout lol

tootie923

I am not quite clear on this, but did they (or plan to) introduce new TLL inspired maps for MP? Also barring any twist, i wonder if Nadine is still considered a 'villain' during loadout lol

There's a Lost Legacy Gameplay MP Bundle waiting in my download queue for tonight.

This lists the new Survival Arena mode and some skins, nothing so far about LL themed maps, unfortunately. Maybe they'll do some in the near future after launch.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...acy-update-coming-to-uncharted-4-multiplayer/

Ernest

Banned
Any idea as to the length of this game?

At $40, or two-thirds U4's price, I'm hoping it's at least as two-thirds as long as U4.

Really looking forward to playing this since I've been playing a lots of huge games lately and namely Breath of the Wild for the second time so will be nice to play something short, sweet and linear for a change.

Tyaren

At $40, or two-thirds U4's price, I'm hoping it's at least as two-thirds as long as U4.

From 6-15 hours I've heard everything by now. I took me 12 hours in which I did all the side quests, collected most of the treasures and took lotsa pics.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

I finished it in exactly 8 hours, this is including optional content + some treasure hunting. I got 55/68 in those 8 hours. If you just go for main quest, game is 6 to 7 hours long.

Thinking of going digital. I have the Uncharted games on disc but that box art for this game is so lame. Nevertheless, excited to get back into Uncharted.

Top Bottom