• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Trade-in 6 Games 60% (+10% for Pro Members) Bonus 8/21-9/3

Damn it. Now I'm having reservations about trading in like 14 games for $270 store credit. Feels like I'm throwing my children away lol

slorelli

Neo Member
I'm not really familiar with GameStop and their deals. So if I trade in 6 games I get 60% of their trade in value extra? Example: 6 games have $100 trade in value so I get $60 more in store credit?

Masx

Banned
I don't get how people are saying they got $500+ in trade in. Most trade in values are pretty bad unless it's a decent fairly new title, triple A, or a Nintendo game.

Do you buy games new just to sell it immediately after?

Hero

Since people were using trade in credit to buy gift cards and then buy Amazon gift card during the flipping fiasco GameStop shut down any GC -> Amazon GC transactions. I tried it myself. Just a warning.

I literally just did it over the weekend successfully so not sure what you are talking about.

Yep. It's a 2-step process but it'll let you pay from a gift card.

Throw $5 on a new preorder of anything with them, and the GS associate will want your transaction to go through.

There's that too.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I literally just did it over the weekend successfully so not sure what you are talking about.
The three stores in my area did exactly that

Looking around on some other forums this did happen to other people so it's not crazy talk.
The only way I got it to work was:
As for the Amazon GC thing none of the stores would let me do that with my players card or with an actual GS GC. The only way I got it to work was by using the GS GC to load the money on to my Amazon Cash account through my phone.

Ryuukan

I don't get how people are saying they got $500+ in trade in. Most trade in values are pretty bad unless it's a decent fairly new title, triple A, or a Nintendo game.

Do you buy games new just to sell it immediately after?

Some people, like me, never play games again after finishing them

is it that strange to sell a brand new game less than a month later if you're done with it for good?

also some people are buying up used games on deals to flip

Mooseiah

Neo Member
I'm really cool with the people at my local store, and their machine would not let them use a Gamestop Gift card to purchase and Amazon Gift card. We tried a couple times and an error would pop up that could not be overridden. This was one of the $5-$500 style cards where you set a value, and I was trying to do $300. I was also not able to purchase an Ebay gift card.

We were able to successfully reload the $300 another day via my Amazon Cash account once we scanned the barcode on my phone. I would expect that if they can, they will close that loophole soon as well. I'm in San Diego, CA for reference. Not sure if it's a restriction they enabled regionally, or just store by store.

So I've got a stack of 18 games I'm gonna bring in. Right now that's $152, without the bump. If I put it towards certain games I get a 30% bump. Do I only have to put like $5 down to get that 30% bump, and will they stack to 90%?

So I've got a stack of 18 games I'm gonna bring in. Right now that's $152, without the bump. If I put it towards certain games I get a 30% bump. Do I only have to put like $5 down to get that 30% bump, and will they stack to 90%?

I just tried that with Yakuza Kiwami, but it didn't include the 30% bump. I think it's because the amount ($246) exceeded the cost of the game. YYMV though I guess. Let us know.

I just tried that with Yakuza Kiwami, but it didn't include the 30% bump. I think it's because the amount ($246) exceeded the cost of the game. YYMV though I guess. Let us know.

Good to know. It's not a huge loss if it doesn't do that.

I got a bit more realistic on what Id actually play again. So I have 29 games lined up. I'm up to 282.75. Add the bumps: 6+ games (60%), $5 on Mario Rabbids (30%), and $15 for power up Pro (10%)= $517.23

Even if that 30% doesn't stack on its still $465.68.

So I'll wait for a possible trade bump on Friday and see what happens I guess.

Looks like I don't have to worry about paying off that Classic preorder anymore at thr very least.

EDIT: reading over the terms on the website it looks like the 30% wouldnt stack when any other offer comes in to play.

30% credit valid for Pros, 20% valid for others. Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Madden 18, Agents of Mayhem, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Mario+Rabbids: Battle Kingdom, and Yakuza Kiwmi or related products. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 8/28/17.

aett

While I didn't make a profit off of anything like I did last time with Puyo Puyo Tetris, I got some pretty good deals. $25.50 for Pokemon Sun and I paid $32 for it thanks to Amazon Prime.

Weebos

Banned
Do they also lower some trade values at the end of the month? Is that just the time when they adjust all their trade values, or do they bump values at the end of the month to encourage trade ins?

So if you bring in more than 6 games, say 8 games, will they split them into two separate transactions? Like your first 6 trade-ins will get the 60%, then the last 2 would only get 20% as a separate trade-in transaction?

Weebos

Banned
So if you bring in more than 6 games, say 8 games, will they split them into two separate transactions? Like your first 6 trade-ins will get the 60%, then the last 2 would only get 20% as a separate trade-in transaction?

I've never had them do that, you should get the 60% bonus on all games past the initial 6.

with GCU i can get GTA5 from best buy for 24 bucks (+ tax). It trades in for 18, but that + 70% gets it to 31 bucks.

That seems like some effort just to get like 5 bucks when all is said and done, but that would also get me to 6 games because I can't find a 6th right now.

hmm.

So, I know its probably been covered multiple times, but I preordered a XBOX One X off Amazon and would love to trade some things in to knock down that price tag a bit and this would be a good return for the things I have. I know they got rid of the Kindle Cards, but is there anyway, even if cumbersome, to get that Gamestop credit converted to Amazon?

Jrs3000

So, I know its probably been covered multiple times, but I preordered a XBOX One X off Amazon and would love to trade some things in to knock down that price tag a bit and this would be a good return for the things I have. I know they got rid of the Kindle Cards, but is there anyway, even if cumbersome, to get that Gamestop credit converted to Amazon?

Yeah it's called amazon cash.

Weebos

Banned

Can you take an already owned trade credit GS card and convert that to amazon cash or only at time of trading in??

From what I understand you can only get Amazon at the cash value when trading in. So something like this promotion wouldn't even apply to it. I don't think you can trade existing credit for Amazon cash.

rj118

Was thinking about doing this today but the trade-in prices just seem way too low right now. Gonna wait for a bump.

Good plan. I'm holding out until tomorrow too. If they jump overnight, I'll be there right when the store opens to get that sweet 60% bump!

ryan299

I literally have no physical games besides Uncharted 4 due to the last time this promo happened.

Yeah I don't have many at all. Was hoping people would find games to buy at walmart or bestbuy and flip them.

I think i'd be better off trying to sell Mega Man X and Soccer online than giving them to gamestop.

rj118

Amazing Spider Man 2 is looking good already... $16 at Walmart and $24 TIV with promo, plus another 10% if pro.

Good plan. I'm holding out until tomorrow too. If they jump overnight, I'll be there right when the store opens to get that sweet 60% bump!

I wouldn't expect bumps until about 9am EST. If only because that's when price changes come in, so I would assume trade values would change at the same time.

Top Bottom