• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Haunted

PantherLotus said:
at church
nice. :lol

Nuclear Muffin said:
The Banjo Tooie Penis rock (After using Mumbo's "Enlarge" magic :lol)

speaksforitself.jpg
:eek: Never knew about that one.

C'mon guys, we need more eastereggs/unseen stuff!

Aeris130

Due to a bug in FFIII(US, Snes), mblock increases the ability to dodge both magical and physical attacks. Evade is useless.

Dascu

Aeris130 said:
Due to a bug in FFIII(US, Snes), mblock increases the ability to dodge both magical and physical attacks. Evade is useless.
Don't forget the trick to turn enemies invisible and then X-Zone/Doom them.

The Hermit

Oh that Bioshock pic is awesome...

There is also the Ashley them in Wario Ware touched that has a secret mesage while played in reverse... can someone post it?

The Hermit

Manabanana said:
In Earthbound, if you buy the house and check in the drawer you can find an excerpt from the book that Haruki Murakami and Shigesato Itoi wrote together. I learned this well after I'd completed Earthbound multiple times and after becoming a fan of Murakami's, so my mind was blown.

UH??? You CAN buy the house???

OMG@!!!

Panajev2001a said:
WHAT ?... ok... you know... you might have some insane standards... but not even being in the JRDF...

jaderay.jpg

you mean to tell me the woman in the picture is not attractive ?????!!!!!!?????

... sigh...
It's not that I have high standards, It's just that she's really not something special, I'm guessing you're an American so I can understand you thinking she's... attractive... but where I live, that's pretty much your average woman. Certainly something no one would be crazy about like half of GAF. But like I said... just cause she's in the Gaming industry...

Anyway, I just remembered one fact that "kinda" blows your mind, the word "SHIT" is actually a cheat code for Commandos.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken was going to be called: "Rave Wars". Namco still kept the name as one of Law's moves.

Tekken 4 newcomer boxer was originaly called: "Dean Earwicker". Namco changed it not long before arcade release because fans laughed it off. Shame.

Mortal Kombat at first was called" "Dragon Fire", but everyone knows that.

Van Damme was gonna play Cage in MK1 game. It didn't work out but Cage still ended up looking like Van Damme from Kickboxer (or something).

In MK Movie Johnny Cage was gonna be originally played by Brandon Lee. He died thou.

SuomiDude

SDZeta said:
Ahhh and anyone else got shit scared when they noticed the 2 faces in Secret of Mana? I noticed one of them when I played for the first time 10 years ago and it freaked me out.

secret01.jpg

Why would they do that? Whyyyyy.
Holy shit, I never knew about the mountain face. I found the sea face on my own, but there's another one :O

Anyway, I'm most surprised by the Zelda 1 map position on normal quest and Zelda text on the 2nd quest (which makes sense, considering the "code" for the easy way to get 2nd quest).

Kazenone said:
Final Fantasy I: The invisible person in Cornelia is actually...a woman! True mind-blowing fact.
It was pretty mindblowing as when I was reading this reply, I was also watching TV at the same time, and there was some program talking about big ships, and one of them was called Cornelia :O :O

revolverjgw said:
I actually remember a Game Players article about this and other RPG easter eggs... the game apparently also had a little book that open up and reveals a cute little pixelated naked chick, tits and all.
I've seen it couple of times (played and beat the game dozens of times btw).

minus_273

Banned
SDZeta said:
Goombas are just mushrooms with eyes and feet? Not sure, just tried to find something else with SMB.

goomba.png

The SMB manual mentions goombas are evil mushrooms

On to zelda. Zelda is named after Zelda Fitzgerald
41TCA9ZD95L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

This is the Legend of Zelda it explains the continuity of the entire series:

It is said that long ago, when Hyrule was one country, a great ruler maintained the peace in Hyrule using the Triforce. However, the king too was a child of man and he died. Then, the prince of the kingdom should have become king and inherited everything, but he could inherit the Triforce only in part. The Prince searched everywhere for the missing parts, but could not find them. Then, a magician close to the king brought him some unexpected news. Before he died, the king had said something about the Triforce to only the younger sister of the prince, Princess Zelda. The prince immediately questioned the princess, but she wouldn't tell him anything. After the prince, the magician threatened to put the princess into an eternal sleep if she did not talk, but even still, she said nothing.

In his anger, the magician tried to cast a spell on the princess. The surprised prince tried to stop him, but the magician fought off the prince and went on chanting the spell. Then, when the spell was finally cast, Princess Zelda fell on that spot and entered a sleep from which she might never awake. At the same time, the magician also fell down and breathed his last. In his grief, the prince placed the princess in this room. He hoped that someday she would come back to life. So that this tragedy would never be forgotten, he ordered every female child born into the royal household should be given the name Zelda

3phemeral

SDZeta said:
Ahhh and anyone else got shit scared when they noticed the 2 faces in Secret of Mana? I noticed one of them when I played for the first time 10 years ago and it freaked me out.

secret01.jpg

Why would they do that? Whyyyyy.

That drove me crazy. I tried everything to get it to activate. I never knew about that nudie book, though, if true.

orioto said:
Well, i don't know if it was "normal", or if i dreamt it. Maybe some of you has seen it also :

In FFVI, in the last battle against Kefka, i had a "bug" after a magic of him, that made my console finally freezed. But the most troubling in it is that before that, sprite were randomly replaced, and Tina became the late general Leo, using his action set and all...

I wanted to exorcised the game at that time. But "pic or it didn't happen" i guess...
It was back in 96, in my grandma's house, in bretagne, right in front of a cemetery !!

My very first copy had this. Although it happened a little earlier in the game. I was a little irritated that I had to get it replaced, but I didn't mind having to go through the game again. I was infatuated with it. The only difference with mine was that Relm would turn into Terra when she did her Sketch ability. The graphics would become slightly corrupted until it eventually froze.

Whoa, I had no idea about the mountain face in SoM. I'd only found the sea face. That magic book centerfold was worth quite a few laughs back in the day, too.

TJ Spyke said:
That people can misspell game and franchise names even after multiple entries and years. Examples:

1)People typing "Megaman" instead of "Mega Man"
2)People typing "Starfox" instead of "Star Fox"
3)People typing "Sim City" instead of "SimCity"
4)People typing "X-Box" or "XBox" instead of "Xbox"

and the one that bugs me the most:
5)People typing "Wiimote" or "Wii-mote" instead of "Wii Remote"

TJ Spyke said:
Some corrections.

TJ Spyke said:
Your info on the Breakout situation is off

TJ Spyke said:
Here is where your info is wrong

I had three jokes planned here, so just take your pick:

1.) Are you by any chance a spelling bee champion?

2.) This thread doesn't need any goatse images; you're anal enough for everybody!

3.)
stfukirby3.jpg

kbear

Metalmurphy said:
What really blows my mind is that fact that she's not even attractive but gets all sort of attention just cause she's in the gaming industry.

I mean
jade-raymond-pic.jpg
jade-raymond-21b.jpg

Ugh...
You know, this is just a really obnoxious, sharpknees.jpg type of post.

You selected the absolute worst pair of pics with an exaggerated facial expression to make your point. This girl is definitely attractive: http://www.jade-raymond.com/pictures.php

In fact, I'm 100% sure that she's a lot more attractive than any female you've been with, and that's assuming you've ever even been with a female, which is a huge assumption no doubt.

I'm not defending this girl, btw. I'm not the "Captain Save a Ho" type at all. I'm just calling out a nerd who needs to be put in his place.

Alx

I don't really care for Jade Raymond, but I've been wanting to say this for a long time : I don't like this sort of feral smile, when women show all their teeth like a snarling dog. It is unattractive, even on an attractive woman (the only one that can get away with it is Keira Knightley, and even then it looks strange).
Jade Raymond is a nice looking lady, but she looks much better with a "normal" smile, unlike the two photos above. And yes, a smile is an important part of anybody's charm.

Anyway, I care more about her game (which I liked very much) than her looks (since I will probably never meet her to begin with). And I'm sure many people will have different tastes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There is a schlong rock in Mario Galaxy too. Play the Bouldergheist challenge star. The rock you jump off to meet the boss? Yep.

Zerodoppler said:
This is what I've always seen in this picture. I can kind of get a dragon out of the pixels to the right now that it has been pointed out, but all I can see on the left side is single-tooth mohawk guy.

How in the hell does that thing on the right look even remotely like Julius Caesar? Seriously. Somebody explain it to me.

And the one on the left is a Zora. Look in your manuals and find a Zora head, then look at the statue.

Hell...I'll do it. Hold on.

dg012r.jpg

manual31.jpg

Zora.jpg

There. He's a Zora, see?

m00

JzeroT1437 said:
How in the hell does that thing on the right look even remotely like Julius Caesar? Seriously. Somebody explain it to me.

And the one on the left is a Zora. Look in your manuals and find a Zora head, then look at the statue.

Hell...I'll do it. Hold on.

WHOOSH

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
ashiato said:
DMZ Designs, the company behind Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 went on to become Rockstar North and produce the industry-changing Grand Theft Auto III. It sort of blows my mind that people completely overlook GTA1 and 2 as a primitive GTA III.

Um...what? The company was called DMA Designs. DMA stood for "Doesn't Mean Anything." Body Harvest was indeed an early attempt at a 3D GTA game, and a fairly successful one at that. They became Rockstar North after the release of GTA3, also. GTA1 and 2 were primitive attempts at the tone and attitude of GTA3, but Body Harvest was the prototype for the gameplay.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Body Harvest was most certainly one of my favorite N64 titles. It got spectacularly hard if you didn't manage to save enough civillians from the insect invasion, though. Never beat it. Only got to the Jungle level I believe. I'd love to see it pop up on the Virtual Console.

And yeah, you can totally see the groundwork for future GTAs in that game.

Leezard

RSTEIN said:
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with the Bioshock picture?

If you don't know, you should be happy. If you really want to know, google goatse. I advise against doing it.

Don't do it. Absolutely not. Check it up in the urban dictionary or wikipedia if you really want to know.

Also, my friends and I discovered that the Darkwing Duck game for NES was a Mega Man clone. Not really a surprise, but of interest for Mega Man fans.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Leezard said:
If you don't know, you should be happy. If you really want to know, google goatse. I advise against doing it.

Don't do it. Absolutely not. Check it up in the urban dictionary or wikipedia if you really want to know.

Awe for the love of fucking christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kbear said:
You know, this is just a really obnoxious, sharpknees.jpg type of post.

You selected the absolute worst pair of pics with an exaggerated facial expression to make your point. This girl is definitely attractive: http://www.jade-raymond.com/pictures.php

In fact, I'm 100% sure that she's a lot more attractive than any female you've been with, and that's assuming you've ever even been with a female, which is a huge assumption no doubt.

I'm not defending this girl, btw. I'm not the "Captain Save a Ho" type at all. I'm just calling out a nerd who needs to be put in his place.
:lol

Sure mate. I'm 100% sure that you're 100% sure too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RSTEIN said:
Awe for the love of fucking christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom