• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minerva's Den Added to Steam. GFWL/Securom removed from Bioshock 2

Wow there are 100 Audio Diaries in the game? Wow. And you beat it on hard, without vita chambers? (what does playing without them do actually?)

What was your hours playcount for a playthrough like that, id like to jump through Bioshock 1 and 2 again.

Grief.exe

Wow there are 100 Audio Diaries in the game? Wow. And you beat it on hard, without vita chambers? (what does playing without them do actually?)

What was your hours playcount for a playthrough like that, id like to jump through Bioshock 1 and 2 again.

When you die, you respawn automatically at the nearest Vita Chamber. You can either turn off their use in the options menu, which boots you back to the main screen on death, or you can reload a save and try the encounter again.

Steam shows 19 hours played for Bioshock 2, about an hour and a half or two hours were spent on multiplayer, and a lot of time alt-tabbed. I would say my play through probably took about 12-14 hours.

I actually recommend playing through on Hard. Being forced to look around for supplies in order to deal with enemies adds a lot to the tension of the game.

Grief.exe

Playing around with the Topaz Simplify filter.

You can grab it from their website, 30 day trial http://www.topazlabs.com/downloads

i8AlRR9hBUFrl.png

ib066sWWmQ9ZPJ.png

Finally completed it again, and didn't get hard mode achievement, because for some unknown reason, the game lowered the difficulty without me knowing so I didn't get it ..... grrrrr.

15pq34.png

Just some crummy MP achievements to go. Minerva's Den is great, would have been a shame for that not to reach PC. Protector Trials are good also, exactly what I expected (I always enjoy challenges that restrict your abilities), A+ most of them, only 3 I got an A on (2 stupidly).

The second speedy playthrough of SP was great, no stopping to grab those audio diaries or little sister saving, just straight forward shoot/drill smash/freeze spear headshot fun, was great, and think it only took 2/3 hours.

Grief.exe

Wow! You did just about everything, not long now for your road to 100%

Apparently, they reduced the experience required to max out your multiplayer character. My suggestion is to play with a controller, no way to fix mouse acceleration here.

Just to note, since upgrading to Win 8.1, ive noticed the game crashing randomly, straight to desktop, no error. Been a real pain. Normal 8 it was absolutely fine. Any idea if its similar to the other crashing people mention ?

Grief.exe

Windows 8.1 seems like a bad idea right now, especially if you are looking to play older games.
I've heard similar issues in the Steam thread.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Bioshock 2 keeps crashing to desktop in Windows 7. :/

Been playing on hard with vita chambers off, because vita chambers kinda ruin the game. Game was difficult until I got this drill expert or whatever tonic. With that and the decoy, the game got way easier; add a security upgrade and it's downright trivial.

On the plus side, I finally feel powerful in a way I earned and figured out; on the minus side, it's not really a shooter any more. lol

Top Bottom