• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 25 - July 1

I doubt EVO's gonna give up mic time to a greasy cokehead hipster who spends half as much time bragging about scoring dirtsacks of bammer outside the venue as he does telling everybody on stream why what EVERY player is doing is THE WRONG strategy at 100 words a minute.

So nah. No Magus, please.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/inde...ead-v2-salt-ahead.162601/page-34#post-7185141

LOL you guys got your wish/nightmare fuilfilled.

Yeah Magus is cool, I'm disappointed about no Ryan Hart tho.

And like I hope to god Tasty Steve gets some mic time...even if he only commentates for KOF. And we need the return of Aris X Kayopolice on the mic.

I doubt EVO's gonna give up mic time to a greasy cokehead hipster who spends half as much time bragging about scoring dirtsacks of bammer outside the venue as he does telling everybody on stream why what EVERY player is doing is THE WRONG strategy at 100 words a minute.

So nah. No Magus, please.

You're in the minority.

Andry is the best.

Also, the phrase "dirtsacks of bammer" is fantastic.

I-hate-u

UltraDavid and SethK for marvel finals last year was good. As long as SethK commentates the finals of the capcom games I'll be happy. Spooky should do some commentary too if possibel

For finals I think Magus/UltraDavid for Marvel and James Chen/Seth for AE would be good.

Why would they split up UltraChen? I'd imagine those two are doing finals for both Marvel and AE. I'd expect Seth Killian to get some mic time as well, and Spooky is always great to listen to.

I'm sure some would recommend Skisonic & Chris Hu for some quarterfinal/semifinal shit, but if there's a single commentator worse than Magus and super-forced cool-dude whiny-assed Skrillex-Fucked-Fall-Out-Boy posing bullshit, it's Chris Hu. I don't mind Ski, but Hu is terrible, and the only reason anyone likes hearing him talk is to a) make fun of the fact he can't talk b) make fun of the fact he tells shit jokes c) wait for him to tell shit jokes about fucking underage girls. People who appreciate Hu almost always seem to be the same people who "appreciated" goofing on the one or two downs syndrome kids in their class in middle school.

Chris Hu is fucking gross. He's there for the other commentator (the straight man) to mock, and that's it. At some point it's just some Mean Girls shit, only he seems to be too dumb/up his own ass to realize that's the entire point of his existence on the microphone. His analysis is always terrible and again - he can't talk. Which is kind of a problem for someone who's supposed to be talking.

Yunno who I wouldn't mind hearing commentate again? Juicebox.

greasy cokehead hipster

if there's a single commentator worse than Magus and super-forced cool-dude whiny-assed Skrillex-Fucked-Fall-Out-Boy posing bullshit,

People who appreciate Hu almost always seem to be the same people who "appreciated" goofing on the one or two downs syndrome kids in their class in middle school.

You have a legitimate complaint with overly-critical Magus' analysis of matches, but you're really just angry.

About what? Streams? Stream monsters? People other than you?

EDIT: As long as Juicebox isn't dressed up behind the mic at an MLG event, he is good.

you're really just angry.

I'm not angry. That's what I'm seeing. It's no different than watching basketball and having to hear someone like Bill Walton or Stephen A. Smith run off at the mouth, or catching a football game and listening to Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason flap their gums. They're not good, for the reasons I've stated. Magus comes off as a fronting poser who speaks solely to remind people what he would have done in any given situation. Chris Hu is basically an unwitting punchline who thinks he's in on a much nicer joke than the one everyone is playing on him.

That's not angry - that's what's happening. It's pretty blatant.

edit: And yeah, I know they're not getting paid, they're doing it for the love. That only goes so far, especially when there are others who also have the inclination to do it for the love, and don't suck as bad.

Hell, Noel Brown is kind of a heel as a player, but his commentary is better by leagues than both Hu & Magus.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Chris Hu is fucking gross. He's there for the other commentator (the straight man) to mock, and that's it. At some point it's just some Mean Girls shit, only he seems to be too dumb/up his own ass to realize that's the entire point of his existence on the microphone. His analysis is always terrible and again - he can't talk. Which is kind of a problem for someone who's supposed to be talking.

Yunno who I wouldn't mind hearing commentate again? Juicebox.

Who approved this guys account?

Your avatar is so accurate :lol

I chose carefully

atomic moth said:
C'mon man

What. You could hear me say those statements out loud and I wouldn't have to raise my voice in the slightest. It's basic observation - half the shit Hu says on the mic is some sort of awkward sex joke, typically involving underage girls. Magus is a greasy cokehead. I've heard him on streams talking about scoring yay hours previous to the tourney and going back to his hotel to get to business.

smurfx

get some go again
i want that deep voice guy form norcal to announce KOF. he actually sounds like a professional announcer. team him up with the answer i guess. who the guy who says "scoops" from norcal? he is pretty good too. he gets pretty hype so he would be fun to have announcing.

Anth0ny

I'm not angry. That's what I'm seeing. It's no different than watching basketball and having to hear someone like Bill Walton or Stephen A. Smith run off at the mouth, or catching a football game and listening to Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason flap their gums. They're not good, for the reasons I've stated. Magus comes off as a fronting poser who speaks solely to remind people what he would have done in any given situation. Chris Hu is basically an unwitting punchline who thinks he's in on a much nicer joke than the one everyone is playing on him.

That's not angry - that's what's happening. It's pretty blatant.

edit: And yeah, I know they're not getting paid, they're doing it for the love. That only goes so far, especially when there are others who also have the inclination to do it for the love, and don't suck as bad.

Hell, Noel Brown is kind of a heel as a player, but his commentary is better by leagues than both Hu & Magus.

Now he's talking shit about the great Bill Walton! Unacceptable.

Champ is practicing with Shady K against Dios X's team. Is someone nervous? Kappa

It's not my fault they were born gingers.

Well played.

1752475_o.gif

Now he's talking shit about the great Bill Walton!

Hey, I'm from Portland. I get to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I hope Yipes just does regular commentary or at least not be on the house mic. Last year was a pain because whatever line I could make out from Yipes James Chen or someone would repeat it poorly.

El Sloth

Banned
Looks like Foonzo, in Montreal, Canada.

Ever since I saw that place in an episode of Qore I thought it seemed like a really nice place.

Man, it's been a while since I last had a beer, I'll definitely have a few while watching EVO.
Thanks. Definitely a spot to check out one of these days.

What. You could hear me say those statements out loud and I wouldn't have to raise my voice in the slightest. It's basic observation - half the shit Hu says on the mic is some sort of awkward sex joke, typically involving underage girls. Magus is a greasy cokehead. I've heard him on streams talking about scoring yay hours previous to the tourney and going back to his hotel to get to business.

Both Magus and Hu get excited. Magus has the most insightful view on Marvel, even if it can be condescending sometimes. When Chris and Aqua are on the mic, you can feel how well they get along. It comes across. I'm not the biggest Chris Hu fan, but I appreciate those who don't subject me to their jaded view. Written or spoken.

Are you the guy who did this? Because it's awesome.

Both Magus and Hu get excited. Magus has the most insightful view on Marvel, even if it can be condescending sometimes. When Chris and Aqua are on the mic, you can feel how well they along. It comes across. I'm not the biggest Chris Hu fan, but I appreciate those who don't subject me to their jaded view. Written or spoken.

Are you the guy who did this? Because it's awesome.

Yeah, that's me. Could someone so hateful make something so sunshiny? C'mon now. :)

(hateful people don't use emoticons, right? Also, there's a whole YouTube channel of that stuff, and 3 free albums floating around on the internet if you so desire to dig that up)

I don't know that Magus has THE MOST insightful views on Marvel. He can dig into it, yes, but like I said earlier, a lot of his analysis is served up solely to explain why what HE would have done is so much smarter, which is really grating to listen to.

Hu gets hype, yes, but there are way too many other options for hype on a commentator's mic, for me.

Apologies if I grated on you the way those two grate on me.

smurfx

get some go again
Now he's talking shit about the great Bill Walton! Unacceptable.

Champ is practicing with Shady K against Dios X's team. Is someone nervous? Kappa
well at evo dios x will be going at him hard. since its 2/3 champ could definitely get caught and beat. champ also has x-ray in the same pool so its not going to be easy. just imagine if champ didn't even get out of pools. lol

Top Bottom