• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

hSSByJz.png

Hey France,
7VxnLkW.jpg
France's trades always come in hardcover. It's not fair.

Wanderer5

Certainly, but I still have a preference.

Also, how much was that Harley statue you pre-ordered from Tweeterhead? They released a preview pic of the next in the series:

Looks much better than Sideshow Supergirl already.:p Nice outfit to had chosen actually.

Posted a thread for D23 Expo that is happening this weekend. Course Marvel will be there and this looks to be much of the rundown of what they have.

Not sure about any of the panels, but I am definitely going to check out Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 least.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Reading through the Straczynski Thor Omnibus and wow I am glad MCU Thor is just Thor. I was thrown off with the whole Donald Blake thing and it is so absurdly comic book lol. Also good god Loki is a scheming bastard. He actually brought up some good points even though you know he's up to well mischief.

Looks much better than Sideshow Supergirl already.:p Nice outfit to had chosen actually.

She does look good. Hope there are some exclusive parts for this one, too.

-------

AHHHHHHHHHH

Just got an email from Hobbysearch. The Ms. Marvel bishoujo got delayed to September. Koto hardly ever delays things, much less delays them before the initial release month. WHO BROKE THE PROTOTYPE!?

Only read the Casting so far but really dug it. Some nice repurposing of DC concepts and terminology.

Regarding everyone's favorite artist: Frank "Mr. Potato Head" Quitely. Even Messi. Greg Land is probably someone's.

lol Capullo on Twitter:

He's running a poll.

I'm not on Twitter, but voting in favor of Capullo Swamp Thing almost got me to register.

I also use the iPad Air 2 and it's pretty wonderful. But I read everything in guided view so I really don't need the extra screen size.

WTF is this madness? Full pages look glorious on the Air 2...

Man, I've loved Tom King but I'm really getting tired of his use of repeated dialogue. Pretty much all the Miracle pages shown so far have been horrible with it. "Stand, Stand, Stand, Stand" "For new genesis, for new genesis, for new genesis."

It's been used well in the past but it's starting to become laughably noticeable and way too overused.

It's beyond stale. Might as well increase the font size and underline it as VERY IMPORTANT DIALOGUE. Toss in some bullshit alliteration and meaningless statements and we'll all want more...all want more...all want more. It's the least realistic aspect of his dialogue.

Aizo

Banned
I'm sad that the big CMX sales still didn't start today... not that I don't have tons to read already... but... but... I wanna buy a bunch of stuff I've been waiting on!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
WTF is this madness? Full pages look glorious on the Air 2...

I just think it enhances a story far more than any artists fancy paneling ever could.

It also helps me concentrate on the art in each in individual panel. Otherwise my eyes tend to wander all over the place.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It gets sold at a GameStop where it'll forever stay behind a glass case for all eternity. A fate worse than death.

I wonder if those are more for decoration than for actual sale. I mean, who the hell goes to a Gamestop to buy a Hot Toys?

Thanks to the Comic OT for recommending MHA! I'm loving it and I plan to purchase all the volumes. It's refreshing that the MC is putting in so much work, and I love All-Might. It reminds me so much of western comics, which is pretty obvious when I stop to think about it. I plan to watch the anime at the same time, so that'll be fun.

So since I last posted yesterday I see:

Gameproff loved spider-man
Messi loves terry moore (and honestly I don't blame him, though my guess would have been Staples too)
BrianFellows wishes Saga was even more brutal than it is
And apparently someone somewhere will have Greg Land as there favourite artist

Hmmm two out of four of these things I support

Posted a thread for D23 Expo that is happening this weekend. Course Marvel will be there and this looks to be much of the rundown of what they have.

Not sure about any of the panels, but I am definitely going to check out Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 least.
Busiek will be at the LEGO panel apparently and one of the creative leads liked my comment about hoping Kang gets to drive around in the Supreme-Cycle. :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So since I last posted yesterday I see:

Gameproff loved spider-man
Messi loves terry moore (and honestly I don't blame him, though my guess would have been Staples too)
BrianFellows wishes Saga was even more brutal than it is
And apparently someone somewhere will have Greg Land as there favourite artist

Hmmm two out of four of these things I support

I still need to go back and read your spoilers!

Damn, the Captain America aftercreditscene was so amazing

I still need to go back and read your spoilers!

Damn, the Captain America aftercreditscene was so amazing

Glad you enjoyed it, I know you were pretty hyped for it before hand.

Really enjoyed it myself, the spoilers were just saying stuff I enjoyed, the only real complaint I had against it and we were just guessing where they might go with sequel stuff.

Yeah the end credits scene
was funny, all the more funny after everyone had waited for it all the way through the credits
, also the mid credits scene was pretty fun
, hoping Mando does a good job as scorpion he's definitely a good actor when he wants to be.

Top Bottom