• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sadly, no. It is a very slender wand, to match my fingers.
What kind of core you got there?

edit: okay joined up
0MJTPb.png

hey guys.

niiight night

leadbelly

Banned
I know the feel:( stupid moving cities.

I always thought lissar 's name was probably Lisa, but alas I was mistaken. Real name is significantly cooler than Lisa anyway. A cookie to whoever can guess mine :p

I have probably seen her name written in this thread, I just can't remember. I know what your name is.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You don't have her on Facebook? :eek:

But yes, my name is pronounced the same as a boys name... IN AMERICA. So it might be harder for you to guess (I found out it was pronounced a bit different by people in the UK from my co-workers, who thought I was crazy when I said my name was unisex.)

It is not spelled in the normal way.

edit: The first letter is not the normal first letter for this name.

leadbelly

Banned
You don't have her on Facebook? :eek:

But yes, my name is pronounced the same as a boys name... IN AMERICA. So it might be harder for you to guess (I found out it was pronounced a bit different by people in the UK from my co-workers, who thought I was crazy when I said my name was unisex.)

It is not spelled in the normal way.

edit: The first letter is not the normal first letter for this name.

lol

That will probably make it harder to guess. :/

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's not only a boys' name Crude, as you well know. D:

And it's already known that it begins with A. Keep up, people!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Finally booted up Dead Space to go through a bit. O: Feels odd playing with a 360 controller for whatever reason though since the sensitivity seems to be off for the analogs..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Currently downloading Arkham City. I've had it for a while but only just got around to playing it. 16GB in size. :/
It's pretty high-quality.

So little sleep last night (worth it though you crazy kids) but having my first cup of coffee in months, feels good. awaiting dat crash in the afternoon.

leadbelly

Banned
DON'T LOOK GUESSERS
is it pronounced like eye-reen? Because I thought that was a female only name

Wait... That is a completely different name.

I think it is pronounced Air-ren. Eye-reen is how you pronounce Irene

I actually asked lissar what her name was in steam chat. She still didn't tell me she just gave me hints. I got it eventually.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hahaha, that's what my old boss used to call me despite my corrections (I gave up eventually and just accepted it.)

Lead already spend like 20 minutes on Steam chat guessing. Finally got it.

My name used to be spelled
Erinn
before I changed it. :eek:

woah, really? huh.

lol, you guys pronounce Aaron as Erin.

D: We can't help it! It's just one of those things!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well, I don't know about over there in the East, but in Oregon Erin and Aaron are definitely pronounced the same.

I am sorry for our weird vowel afflictions, world. :<

edit: I have long wanted to name my future daughter something like Angharad.

Ah, Welsh. You amuse me so.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thank you IN. :>

And yes, I changed legally. It was a bit strange at first, but at least I did it when I was 15 before I actually had to start signing for things and being all legal adult-like, so the change wasn't too awkward.

I remember using the name on school papers before getting it changed though. My teachers mostly thought it was awesome.

leadbelly

Banned
My name means "small but wise". I'm oddly proud of it, despite how awkward it is to pronounce (its even worse in Japanese - cheese graters on my ears!)

I've always thought the meaning of my name is pretty rubbish actually. Just looking on this one site it simply has it as 'black'. :(

The traditional meaning, as I have always known it, is 'little dark one'.

leadbelly

Banned
lol

I tried just my first name and last name and they were all rubbish. I tried my first, middle and last name and they're still all rubbish. :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Change the settings to limit the words to 3. If you have an A or an I in your name then all of them will start with that and give you nothing but crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom