• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France: Four shot dead outside Jewish school in Toulouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep coming back in hopes that they capture whoever was responsible for the shootings. I am honestly wondering why the killer would shoot kids.....

retrow

must be grenades or flash bang.

Sent many cows to his room, to confuse him up.
The first one was really loud, the second one quite low but with a flash and the last one a bit louder. News reports are talking about a possible breach in a wall followed by a two flashbangs but it's not confirmed.

Mohammed Merah: Told Ya So – French Algerian Muslim Gunman Wanted to “Avenge Palestinan Children”

By Debbie Schlussel

I called it on Mohammed Merah, the Toulouse terrorist. Sadly, some will never wake up, face facts, and call a spade a spade . . . or in this case, a Muslim a Muslim.

On Monday, I told you that the terrorist gunman who shot up the Toulouse Jewish school, Ozar HaTorah, was likely a Muslim. I told you to disregard French and other mainstream media reports that he is a “right-wing gunman.” Yesterday, on XM “Brett Winterble Show,” I predicted the man was a Sunni Muslim of North African origin and not at all a “right-wing” gunman follower of Jean-Marie Le Pen. And, yet again, I was right. I nailed it. Told ya so. Not only is the man an Al-Qaeda terrorist of Algerian origins, but he was allowed to escape from a Paki prison in a Taliban prison break, after he was imprisoned there for planting bombs. Yup, sounds like a “Le Pen right-wing gunman,” huh?

The man, named as Mohammed Merah, 23, a Frenchman of Algerian origin, has said he belongs to al-Qaeda and acted to “avenge Palestinian children”.

Police are negotiating with the man, who is still said to be armed but says he may give himself up this afternoon.

French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said the man had been tracked by French intelligence for “several years”.

Really? This is how they “track” a guy? Let him go on jihadist murder sprees throughout the country? That’s some real expert “tracking.” Inspector Clouseau Lives! Sounds just like the CIA with the 9/11 hijackers.

And note how his mother responds, by refusing to help and by siding with her Al-Qaeda son’s jihad. Think that won’t happen here? It already has. This is how Muslims act as “Western citizens.” They don’t. They side with the jihad all of the time, every time.

The suspect’s mother, who is Algerian, had been brought to the scene, but Mr Gueant said she had refused to become involved as “she had little influence on him”.

Riiiight. More like, she’s proud of her jihadist son. He’s going to paradise.

The man shot at the door after police arrived, Mr Gueant said, injuring one officer in the knee and “lightly injuring” another. . . .

Mr Gueant said the suspect had made one visit to Afghanistan and one to Pakistan.

“He claims to be a mujahideen and to belong to al-Qaeda,” Mr Gueant said.

“He wanted revenge for the Palestinian children and he also wanted to take revenge on the French army because of its foreign interventions.”

French media have linked Merah to a group called Forsane Alizza (Knights of Pride) that was banned by Mr Gueant in January.

The prison director in Kandahar, southern Afghanistan, Gulam Farooq, told the BBC that Merah was arrested in 2007 and jailed for three years for planting bombs, before escaping in a mass Taliban-led break-out in 2008.

The BBC’s Hugh Schofield in Paris says investigators report that Merah was identified because of an email message sent to his first victim about buying a scooter.

The message, sent from the suspect’s brother’s account, set up an appointment at which the soldier was killed, sources told AFP.

Like I said, I told you so. Never believe the mainstream media whenever they try to blame jihad on the “right-wing.” Now, they’ll find some other excuse to divert us from the truth, which is . . .

THIS. IS. ISLAM.

It’s not “Islamism.” Not “radical Islam.” Just Islam.

Let’s see what kind of justice the families of Rabbi Yonatan Sandler, his son Aryeh, age 6, and daughter, Gabriel, age 3, and Miriam Monsonego, age 8, get when this cold-blooded Muslim murderer is finally captured.
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/4826...-gunman-wanted-to-avenge-palestinan-children/

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Stop posting her vile shit. At least just leave it behind a link, blegh.

Almost as bad as what she wrote about the Utoya kids.

iceatcs

French authorities really like to look like they know what they are doing before they fuck things up

I think France is highest muslim population in EU. Maybe they don't want any bad happen that could lead to angry or worse, riot from Muslim youths.

They want to prefect arrest.

Video debate:

The Toulouse shooting and the French presidential race

After the Toulouse school shooting, almost all the major candidates for French presidency have suspended their campaigns. François Picard's panel wonders whether the tragedy will soften the rhetoric of a race that, for many, has taken a divisive tone.

Guests:

Waddick DOYLE, Professor and Chair of Global Communication Department, American University of Paris;
Régis LE SOMMIER, Deputy Editorial Director, Paris Match;
Bernard KANOVITCH, Chair of the Committee for relations with the Moslem community, Jewish umbrella group CRIF;
Viteke KNOOP-RACHLING, Paris Correspondent, Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten.
Part 1: http://www.france24.com/en/20120320-debate-toulouse-shooting-and-france-2012-campaign
Part 2: http://www.france24.com/en/20120320-debate-toulouse-shooting-and-france-2012-campaign-part-2

Nesotenso

People should stop posting Debbie Schlussel's shit. She will just hate you for being muslim regardless of the person you are. She is just a bitch of the highest order.

Enosh

CHEEZMO™;36239377 said:
Stop posting her vile shit. At least just leave it behind a link, blegh.
yet she was right while all the so called professional media jumped on the neo nazi bandwagon, along with a billion opinion pieces on how it's all the evil right wingers fault for creating the hostile environment for daring to suggest that anything but complete open borders might be a good idea

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
yet she was right while all the so called professional media jumped on the neo nazi bandwagon, along with a billion opinion pieces on how it's all the evil right wingers fault for creating the hostile environment for daring to suggest that anything but complete open borders might be a good idea

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I wouldn't line a birdcage with her stuff.

Kinyou

Debbie Schlussel said:
Like I said, I told you so. Never believe the mainstream media whenever they try to blame jihad on the “right-wing.” Now, they’ll find some other excuse to divert us from the truth, which is . . .

THIS. IS. ISLAM.

It’s not “Islamism.” Not “radical Islam.” Just Islam.
Wow.... just wow...

Zeppelin

Yeah, media over here (Sweden) hoped to God that it would turn out to be a neo-nazi. Both 'sides' have been trying to spin this to their advantage. It's pretty fucking disgusting to be honest.

That said this Schussel woman seems absolutely mad and I doubt she has any insight into European politics at all so I really don't see why anyone would bother with her at all.

Al-ibn Kermit

Do you believe she guessed the background of the shooter correctly because her opinions on Islam and immigration are correct or because she just got lucky?

Most people probably assumed it was a neonazi because the Oslo shootings are still very recent.

Jezabel

words cant describe how vile what Debbie Schlussel is saying. And the fact that some people will agree with her makes it sadder

keuja

If he is not holding any hostages then why is it taking so long to capture him? Throw some tear gas in there.

If they wanted to kill him, it's typically just a 30 seconds intervention for the RAID (french police SWAT team).

But since they absolutely want him alive (because no hostages at risks), they use what they call the least risk approach. Basically use tactics that will increase his nervous pressure and exhaustion. Flash bangs, loud explosions, harassement etc are used to tire him out mentally until he makes a mistake they can take advantage of (like falling asleep).

They tried to surprise him and capture him alive the first night at around 3am but he was awake and shot them (he has Kalashnikovs and Uzis apparently).

The terrorist probably hasn't slept for more than 24h now so it will likely end in the next 24h or so...

edit: 10 explosions since midnight, French time... they kept him on his toes the whole night.

Mael

What's that?

<cups hand to ear?>

The collective moan of liberals who were just begging this to be some right wing nazis freak so they could continue their attack on right wing politics, realising that the 'right wing' was right all along and that it was their peaceful religion that is always viewed terribly in the media and so they must just to defend at every possible opportunity?

Face it, Islam has some seriously dodgy followers. You can't deny that, and you can't jump on us for assuming them every time something gets blown up.

I know you're banned but you're still a piece of shit.

Hahaha, whut? Where to? They're French, aren't they?
If they don't agree to republican ideals, they're less french than children of immigrations they can't fucking shut up about.

He probably killed whatever officers were around really.

Didn't the shooting began by the killing of army men in civilian clothes?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Having a guess here but I'm going to say they will keep flash banging or whatever they are doing then somewhere in there they will flash bang and enter with the hope the dude thinks they are just flashing him again. Early be early in the morning or late tomorrow night.

Skeyser

I think France is highest muslim population in EU. Maybe they don't want any bad happen that could lead to angry or worse, riot from Muslim youths.

No way there would be a riot over a child killer getting killed in a police raid....

MasLegio

Banned

i think most french muslims do not care about the wellbeing of that piece of shit

Kurtofan

There was a lead in that direction, it wasn't out there.
And she wasn't "right", she's incredibly bigoted.

He probably killed whatever officers were around really.
That's one hell of a coincidence.

Alx

Surely they must have access to infrared cameras and have inserted optical cable cameras through neighboring apartments already?

I doubt they could cover the whole apartment with cameras... they probably can't see him anywhere near the door, windows or any other place they're observing, so they can't be sure he's still alive.

MasLegio

Banned
I thought committing suicide was strictly forbidden in Islam. At this point he is probably hoping for suicide by cop.
yes but the Qur'an masturbators belive it is just to commit suicide in the name of (defiling) Islam. His masturbatory comrades probably thinks he is a coward now.

And in other news, they said they were sure he was alone inside because they checked with infrared cameras etc. So yeah.
so why not use them now?

Chuckie

There was a lead in that direction, it wasn't out there.
And she wasn't "right", she's incredibly bigoted.

She said it would be a muslim terrorist, it is a muslim terrorist. That makes her 'right', no matter how big of a bigoted cunt she is, or how wrong the reasoning was that got her to that conclusion.

Hower it was because she got 'lucky' not because she has a point.

All we know is that a clearly very disturbed individual went on a killing spree, alone, and is now holed up in an apartment, alone. Yet people are coming out of the woodwork to try and connect it all manner of things. One individual should not be able to direct the discourse around an entire people or religious group.

All we know is that a clearly very disturbed individual went on a killing spree, alone, and is now holed up in an apartment, alone. Yet people are coming out of the woodwork to try and connect it all manner of things. One individual should not be able to direct the discourse around an entire people or religious group.

We know more than the few facts you listed. We know which two groups the suspect targeted and killed. He's spent time in Afghan training camps. He has a criminal record. He claims to be part of Al Qaeda. And we know he shares his alleged motives with other very disturbed people who have also went on killing sprees.

When someone erroneously states that this is the fault of or characteristic of all Muslims, the correct response is not to overreact and deny any connections whatsoever. There are deeply-ingrained, troubling aspects of Middle Eastern and North African culture. Many overlap with Islamic belief structures, Islamic governments, and Islamic teachings. And many are making their way to Europe.

We know more than the few facts you listed. We know which two groups the suspect targeted and killed. He's spent time in Afghan training camps. He has a criminal record. He claims to be part of Al Qaeda. And we know he shares his alleged motives with other very disturbed people who have also went on killing sprees.

When someone erroneously states that this is the fault of or characteristic of all Muslims, the correct response is not to overreact and deny any connections whatsoever. There are deeply-ingrained, troubling aspects of Middle Eastern and North African culture. Many overlap with Islamic belief structures, Islamic governments, and Islamic teachings. And many are making their way to Europe.

I think you'd be surprised at how many of these troubling aspects would disappear if Western aggression ceased. The West has killed more muslims than any terrorist can ever hope to equal.

It seems there's more than enough deeply-ingrained and troubling aspects of cultures to go around.

SmokyDave

I think you'd be surprised at how many of these troubling aspects would disappear if Western aggression ceased. The West has killed more muslims than any terrorist can ever hope to equal.

It seems there's more than enough deeply-ingrained and troubling aspects of cultures to go around.

CaptainDeflection.

She said it would be a muslim terrorist, it is a muslim terrorist. That makes her 'right', no matter how big of a bigoted cunt she is, or how wrong the reasoning was that got her to that conclusion.

Hower it was because she got 'lucky' not because she has a point.

I don't care and don't know about this woman but it's a fact that the majority of antisemitism crime in France in the last decade is commited by muslims and not far right members. Some people said that the chances it was a member of the far right parties was the same as an islamist whereas statisticaly it was more relevant to think it was an islamist nutjob.

In France, the media and political correctness made us think that only white people commit racist crimes whereas every ethnical group is xenophobe and even the jew community who was affected by this tragedy mustn' t be frequented by the most open people ...

My point is we should stop pointing any finger at any group of people. The problem in France are not due to the far right members nor the islamists. Instead of always condamning some hypothetical act of racism we should start condamning the real acts of violence everyone suffers from.

When I see what's wrong with Mohamed Merah, I do not see a crazy muslim but a little thugh who comited small crimes and nobody cared, so he went crazy.

SmokyDave

You don't think that's at all relevant to the discussion? You and just about every other political commentator, it seems.

I think it's relevant, but the way you placed it front & centre smacked of a deflection to me. You didn't really acknowledge the post you were replying to, you shifted the blame to the west.

Liberty4all

Banned
I wonder if this will be the flashpoint that throws immigration back front and centre into French politics.

My wife's cousin is French. From talking to her I realized that France has some very serious issues specifically with its immigration policies. It goes far beyond anything we can comprehend in north America.

I think it's relevant, but the way you placed it front & centre smacked of a deflection to me. You didn't really acknowledge the post you were replying to, you shifted the blame to the west.

I just wouldn't want to point fingers at other cultures if my own house weren't in order.

SmokyDave

I just wouldn't want to point fingers at other cultures if my own house weren't in order.

Ah, I see. I have no problem doing so as I don't consider all houses to be in equal amounts of disorder. I do have a problem with people pretending their houses are spotlessly clean though, on all sides.

MasLegio

Banned
I wonder if this will be the flashpoint that throws immigration back front and centre into French politics.

My wife's cousin is French. From talking to her I realized that France has some very serious issues specifically with its immigration policies. It goes far beyond anything we can comprehend in north America.

why would a crazy man affect immigration policy?
that would only happen if nationalistic (racist) politicians take advantage of the event for their own purposes.... which will happen in 1 2 3 4 ooops already happened day one....

does your wifes cousin have an affection for le pen maybe?

MasLegio

Banned
Ah, I see. I have no problem doing so as I don't consider all houses to be in equal amounts of disorder. I do have a problem with people pretending their houses are spotlessly clean though, on all sides.

though islamist house is filled with cumstained walls from fundies masturbating to what they belive is in the quran, or more what they say is in the quran, while preparing their guns.

no respect for fundies, regardless of religion. they all are dirty bastards regardless if they are orthodox jews, evangelicals, islamists or Santorum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom