• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

MNC

Sale recap:

Counter Strike Source (technically Mac sale but oh well)
Killing Floor
Trine
Shatter
The Void (Got it gifted)

I really did good :lol I got the games I wanted and that's that. Still contemplating FUEL but I don't have any money anymore... :(

markot

Banned
I just bought Just Cause and DMC4 >.<

Might get Monkey Island tales of aforementioned...

Want ARMA2, but the pack isnt reduced at all so mehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh I bought tales of valor

IrishNinja

UrbanRats said:
There was an easy mode patch, yes.
I bought it with that in mind. :lol

....we are on the same wavelength :D thanks man.

my haul:

Half Life
Thief
Audiosurf
Aquaria
Machinarium
The Void

missed a few of the deals, but its a good looking haul for less than $40. here's to the next sale dropping Vampire: Masquerade and Dreamfall! steam is pretty awesome.

Vamlock

One game that really surprised me this sale was Flotilla. I really balked at getting it because the screenshots looked really confusing as to what was going on, but I eventually got it because it was cheap (I'm awful at that). My only problem with the game is that it goes by too quickly. Are there any comparable games to that, only with more customization?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
MikeDub said:
18hours later and I am still pondering the Borderlands + dlc deal, hurry up and get to 6pm (gmt) and end this!
Get it. It is awesome. It is one of the few games I would have gladly paid full price for. $20 for everything is a steal imo.

drkOne

Anyone has a Bioshock 2 copy, and is interested in trading it for a game of same price (only have £3 left on Paypal, so can't really pay for it directly :( )?

I also have an extra L4D2 copy laying around, that I'd be willing to trade for the Introversion Pack.

MNC

Argh, I want to gift a friend the penumbra pack, but it's a tenner and I'm all out. I strongly urge anyone who has a taste for survival horry, to pick up the Penumbra pack. It's great.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Got 14 games so far :lol before i finally cut up the credit card are there any other cheapish games anyone would recommend? Just got rc'd trine and its awesome so far :D, im talking sub $10 here.

I have deus ex
torchlight
dark forces series
zeno clash
saints row
portal
red faction guerilla
mirrors edge
killing floor
hl eps
gta's
ghostbusters
defense grid
cs
burnout
audiosurf

Games like trine would be a plus :D

Atrophis

Wow so I came out of this pretty unscathed.

I only got the THQ pack but that doesnt really count as my fiance bought it for my birthday.

Surely it has to be one of the best value deals in the sale?

mrgone

MikeDub said:
I will gladly accept anything you wish to purchase with your explosive impulsiveness :lol

The sickening part is the lack of bigger spenders to make me feel better about my terrible affliction :)

My last cart... I need reasons not to buy this stuff. I'm over my budget.

$4.00 Trine
$3.75 Puzzle Indie Pack
$5.00 Best of the Underground
$2.00 Killing Floor DLC
$5.00 Introversion Complete
$2.00 Sacraboar
$3.75 Men of War (want a Steam version :lol)

$25.50 USD

I only bought a bunch of really cheap stuff, mostly just to have in case I ever get the urge:

King's Bounty: The Legend
Shatter
The Guild II: Pirates of the European Seas
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
Gothic Bundle
Company of Heroes
Death Track: Resurrection
Puzzle Kingdoms
Birth of America
Clive Barker's Jericho
Avencast
Cryostasis

Around $33 total.

Avencast is really crappy, even at $2.50 or whatever it is, and I have a very high tolerance for bad action RPGs. Biggest disappointment otherwise is the performance of Cryostasis, which seems like it'd be a cool game if I didn't have to run it at 800x600.

Suairyu

Banned
What was everyone's thoughts on the Penumbra series? The entire collection is currently £8.99 and a recent preview of the upcoming Amnesia on Eurogamer has me curious.

Atrophis

Suairyu said:
What was everyone's thoughts on the Penumbra series? The entire collection is currently £8.99 and a recent preview of the upcoming Amnesia on Eurogamer has me curious.

Only played the first game but its very good indeed. The second is supposed to be even better.

CoachKevin said:
As someone new to steam, do they have a new deal every day at 1pm?
This whole thing is a special sale... they've had 12 days of daily deals on top of 500 or so games being on sale and this is the last one ending in a few hours. They usually have one thing on sale during the week, and one thing on sale during the weekend.

CoachKevin said:
As someone new to steam, do they have a new deal every day at 1pm?

During normal periods, there are any number of sales that can occur and these sales include:

Pre-order specials - Pre-order a specific title and either get a small discount or a free game from the Publisher's or Developer's catalog.
Publisher week - A specific publisher is promoted and all of their titles are discounted.
Week long sales - A specific title or collection is discounted for the entire week.
Midweek Madness - A specific title or collection is discounted from Tuesday night to Thursday.
Weekend Deals - A specific title or collection is discounted from Thursday night to Monday.
Free Weekends - A specific title is given out freely for the weekend and then is discounted.
Random sales - A specific title or collection is discounted for anniversaries, major updates, Steamworks support, or as a counter against one of the competitor's sales.

I would not expect many deals this week, since this huge summer deal occurred and there will most likely be a free weekend for Modern Warfare 2 in celebration of the new DLC.

Lafazar

I got:

Max and the Magic Marker
Saints Row 2 (EU)
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Thief: Deadly Shadows
SSHD Double Pack (ROW)
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Full Pipe
Mata Hari
NecroVisioN
Ziro
Cryostasis
Clive Barker's Jericho (EU)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Chrome + Chrome: Specforce
And Yet It Moves

Total damage: 66.39 EUR (urgh!)

Don't know yet when I'll have the time to play any of that...

Now to do my meager tally.

Shatter (brilliant game, I'll have to buy the soundtrack one of these days)
The Void
Beat Hazard
Devil May Cry 4 (feels incredibly wooden after playing Bayonetta)
Killing Floor

Total $22.50

I was thinking about getting Borderlands but I suppose it can wait.

Steeven

I got:

Shatter (loving it)
Thief: Deadly Shadows (need a NO CD crack for it to work [=/]
Flatout (mweh, worth the 2 bucks I guess)
BioShock 2 (kinda disappointed)

yacobod

Banned
my haul

painkiller: black edition $4.99
trine $4.00
Serious Sam HD Pack $7.50
Titan Quest Gold $4.99
Thief Deadly Shadows $2.99

edit:
decided to grab
Killing Floor $4.99
Bordlerlands DLC $10.19

Amneisac

So apparently Shatter won't launch with the Saitek Eclipse USB keyboard connected. How fucked is that?

My Haul:

Serious Sam HD Double Pack
Crysis Maximum Edition
Killing Floor x2
Shatter
Kane and Lynch
Gothic Bundle (when it was cheapest, still regret it)
L4D and L4D2 (double dipping 360)
Max Payne Bundle
Cryostasis

So far I only really regret the Gothic bundle (it's just too old and dated for me to get into it now), but whatever it's two bucks.

Dragmire

I ended up with 11 new games:

Trine
Overlord Complete Pack (3 games)
Flotilla
Resident Evil 5
EVE Online: Tyrranis
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Shatter
The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom

And I got Deus Ex just before the summer sale. :p

clip

I bought...

Bioshock 2 14.99
Cryostatis & FUEL 8.33
Zeno Clash 3.75
X-COM Pack 3.74
Metro 2033 24.99
Machinarium 9.99

65.79 total

Frawdder

What I spent my money on:

Telltale Everything Pack
Titan Quest Gold
Introversion Pack
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Shatter
Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
Lead and Gold
Overlord Pack
Fuel
Call of Duty Pack
Mount and Blade: Warband

Decided to hold of on Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening until the xmas sale.

And now, no more game purchases until F1 2010 (if I decide to pick it up) and then GT5.

GHG

Gold Member
What I got this time:

Commandos Pack
Osmos
X-Com Complete Pack
Introversion Complete Pack
Gothic II
Serious Sam HD Double Pack
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
Unreal Deal
Death to Spies: Gold
King's Bounty: Gold Edition
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage

Bought the unreal pack even though I already own the disk versions of UT2004 and UT3. All for the convienience of being diskless... why do I do it to myself :( .

Didn't buy nearly as much as I usually do on these sales but the sad reality is that I pretty much already own all of the good to decent games on steam. I was looking for things to buy and couldn't find anything because I either already own it or its just shit. My backlog has now again increased in size because of one of these damn sales. Was tempted to get mount and blade when that was on daily sale but others stated its been cheaper before so will wait for it to become a weekend/midweek deal again. Good thing I'm an unemployed graduate I guess...

A.Romero

I got the THQ pack and bought L4D2 last night.

My younger brother lives in another city and playing this with him is pretty much the only way I can communicate with him. He is obssesed with it!

Also, I bought CivIV as a gift.

That's it. No more new games for me.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not seeing enough Space Rangers 2: Reboot on everyone's list of purchased games, i'm dissapointed, the game's awesome! Anyway i'm gonna get Thief and Trine before the sale is over, i'm only getting Trine because it's been on sale so many times so i might as get it now since it's so cheap :lol

Kweh

My damage this time around :

Audiosurf
Borderlands
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Cryostasis
DarkStar One
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (ROW)
Killing Floor
Red Faction Guerrilla
Shatter
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (EU)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Titan Quest Gold
Trine
Winterbottom

LAMBO

Gexecuter said:
I'm not seeing enough Space Rangers 2: Reboot on everyone's list of purchased games, i'm dissapointed, the game's awesome! Anyway i'm gonna get Thief and Trine before the sale is over, i'm only getting Trine because it's been on sale so many times so i might as get it now since it's so cheap :lol

Looks pretty good, i might get that

Can anyone recommend
(or please God tell me to not get them)
Painkiller, NecroVision or Chrome? They all look terrible but I want them for some reason.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Gexecuter said:

don't look at me I caved and bought the pack :lol

Schmattakopf said:
Can anyone recommend
Painkiller, NecroVision or Chrome? They all look terrible but I want them for some reason.

Painkiller: Black Edition is really good but don't buy the other Painkiller games they just suck (especially the latest one, I can't believe I bought that when it came out >_< but it came with all the previous games free as a pre-purchase deal)

Schmattakopf said:
Can anyone recommend

Painkiller and Necrovision are awesome for what its worth, if you ask me. Necrovision is just a straight run and gun shooter and has a legit difficulty to it. It's got a great art style and is fucking cheesy, but that just makes it better. Pick all of them up before it's too late!

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Painkiller and Necrovision are awesome for what its worth, if you ask me. Necrovision is just a straight run and gun shooter and has a legit difficulty to it. It's got a great art style and is fucking cheesy, but that just makes it better. Pick all of them up before it's too late!
You fucker, I think you work for Valve.

Deft Beck

I've already spent a lot of money on video games this past month (June) and my backlog is bigger than ever so IDK if I should get the Introversion pack.
I already have half the pack, and I can't gift the remaining copies, so...

Asparagus

Atrophis said:
Wow so I came out of this pretty unscathed.

I only got the THQ pack but that doesnt really count as my fiance bought it for my birthday.

Surely it has to be one of the best value deals in the sale?
Probably the best if you don't already own any of the games.

Top Bottom