• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

Waji

Xeno%2Bttl.png

Now that Xenoblade 2 got its E3 time, Monolithsoft is free to begin to deliver more news.
They're coming back with their Twitter accound from Xenoblade X which link is here : XenobladeJP
Side-note : Nopons end their sentences with "Mo" and use... a good amount of "!". I'll update regularly desu-mo.

17/06
GAJsynf.png
Everyone ! We made you wait-mo !
This account is, from now on and for some time,
becoming Xenoblade 2's official account-mo !
I'm your host, the only Nopon employee at Monolithsoft,
Monpon-mo. I'm pleased to meet you-mo

Rm0DEnk.png
And, Xenoblade 2's official website opens !
There's also a message from the general manager
Takahashi, it should be read by everyone-mo
Official Website Link

O8UAvwP.png
Xenoblade 2 was featured at the Treehouse Live E3 2017-mo !
It's an English program but half is japanese,
The feelings can be understood, probably-mo !
Treehouse Gameplay Link

Wkf3dsz.png
The most recent Promotional Video released
to the public last night, is now available here-mo !
The musics used for this PV are both compositions
from Mr Kenji Hiramatsu-mo !
Xenoblade 2 Trailer 1 Link

8P13r43.png
By the way, in this year January PV,
The first half is using Ace composition while
the second half has Mr Mitsuda Yasunori's-mo !
Xenoblade 2 January Teaser Link

7Ac77fl.png
On the official website, one composition from Miss
Kiyota Manami is part of the 4 compositor's tracks
you can try to listen to-mo !
For the soundtrack, having 4 compositors
participate is such a deluxe-mo !
From now on, I'll have the opportunity to introduce
the BackGround Music-mo.
I'm looking forward to it-mo !
Xenoblade 2 Official Website Link

vt0jLn9.png
Xenoblade 2's character designer is mister Saito Masatsugu.
Rex and Homura's design are of course, from mister Saito as well-mo !
They're cute and cool-mo !

FrU7Cbk.png
Then, as
(iira)
Ela's character design, we made mister Nomura Tetsuya
from Square Enix participate-mo !
Ela is an enigmatic organisation which appears during the story.
This man or this one, they look dangerous and cool-mo... !

Now Loading next tweet...

Japanese Website translations :
Update 01

Waji

I wrote this while listening to X soundtrack.

And when I write about X2's tweets, I'll listen to Xenoblade 2's sountrack.
I'm sure it'll work.

Waji

Once again Japanese only.
I know someone told me the reasoning. But I still find it odd.
Well E3 was mostly English so Japanese were not really the main target.
Since this is written by a Monolith employee, it's a bit different also.

It's the same for lots of other games.
I'm sure it's also common the other way around.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
This was the first thing I read while waking up. I grabbed my phone, refreshed NeoGAF, clicked this, and read a Nopon's tweets.

I'm sitting here and questioning whether I am truly awake.

Maebe

I was following that account but unfortunately didn't know japanese, so thanks for translating! Subbing to this.

jdstorm

Banned
Monolithsoft thought recruiting a Nopon could be interesting. They are good at handling a business

You mean...

3JareU6.png

For some reason after reading this i immediately started picturing Tatsu as Donald Trump. Will Team Tatsu make Mira great again...

That Monolith soft nopon employee's design is adorable lol

Monolithsoft thought recruiting a Nopon could be interesting. They are good at handling a business

You mean...

3JareU6.png

Nice, i didnt see any nopon (maybe they were there but didnt notice) so I was becoming weary. Tatsu was shit but I really loved Riki, really the one in the screen is more Riki like, but things look good with thay design.

MomoQca

That Monolith soft nopon employee's design is adorable lol

Nice, i didnt see any nopon (maybe they were there but didnt notice) so I was becoming weary. Tatsu was shit but I really loved Riki, really the one in the screen is more Riki like, but things look good with thay design.

Yep! He is one of the playable characters from the Treehouse demo. Funnily enough, his name is Tora which is an homage to Tatsu's rival with the same name.

Waji

Yep! He is one of the playable characters from the Treehouse demo. Funnily enough, his name is Tora which is an homage to Tatsu's rival with the same name.
We don't know his japanese name yet. Hope it's the same. The less differences the better.

On a side note, when they use a Blade crystal during Treehouse, he's not available despite having a Blade.
So I thought he might not be final to the party at this precise moment.
The Blade system seems pretty hard to guess right now as the one they use is some kind of rare PSO drop from the lvl 5 enemy.
When they referenced pokemon, it might not have been for no reason now that I think of it.

It just translates poorly. You really the want another mascot the like the whatever from woff?
I'm sorry but I don't understand anything about this post.

My reactions to the Xenoblade 2 announcement:

- It's not X! Oh no! Want more X!
- Hate plot-driven games! Want more X!
- Hate char design! Want more... no, don't want more X.

Will buy a Switch for this? DEFINITELY ^_^

I just love everything Takahashi does, I'm sure this will be great.

Waji

My reactions to the Xenoblade 2 announcement:

- It's not X! Oh no! Want more X!
- Hate plot-driven games! Want more X!
- Hate char design! Want more... no, don't want more X.

Will buy a Switch for this? DEFINITELY ^_^

I just love everything Takahashi does, I'm sure this will be great.
It's ok, we'll get X (port) next year or so, then X2 later.

Xenoblade games are getting boring, mo. It's always the same concept, big world, blablabla, mo. Now that we have Zelda open world, Monolith should try something different, like sci-fi and planets, similar to Mass Effect, mo.

Zelda has fantasy covered, mo.

MomoQca

Xenoblade games are getting boring, mo. It's always the same concept, big world, blablabla, mo. Now that we have Zelda open world, Monolith should try something different, like sci-fi and planets, similar to Mass Effect, mo.

Lol

Waji

Just that I would love a weekly screenshot update from them :)
Aaah I see. Well if it's anything like when X was featured we should get some interesting things.

So wrong I don't know what to begin with, lol.
But thanks for your time.

Seik

Banned

Dude...you just said the game are getting boring then you ask for exactly what the previous game was, except for the multiple planets aspect.

Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg

Whatever you say, Mr. "Fucking Donkey Kong". lol

Kouriozan

So we already know 4 main party member (non Blade like Pyra)

The MC Rex, the girl with the Chakram Nia, the Nopon Tora, and this guy (didn't catch his name)

v87oxpi.jpg

Looking at this, there is at least one member left to know about (maybe more if the menu can scroll)

NFEnH9al.jpg

EDarkness

Heh, heh. You mean like the last game? That game was 100% sci-fi. Though, I think it would be cool if the next game in the series allowed space exploration.

MomoQca

The MC Rex, the girl with the Chakram Nia, the Nopon Tora, and this guy (didn't catch his name)

v87oxpi.jpg

Looking at this, there is one member left to know about

NFEnH9al.jpg

I'm betting on Hikari. She's likely to be a Blade though.

latest

Exactly, I think they should follow on Xenoblade X (especially after that ending) and go more ambitious. That game was good but not up to Mass Effect, they still have room to grow, they could totally outclass Mass Effect, but now they are back to fantasy games, like we don't have enough of them. >.<

TheMoon

oO How did you type something so completely wrong.

Exactly, I think they should follow on Xenoblade X (especially after that ending) and go more ambitious. That game was good but not up to Mass Effect, they still have room to grow, they could totally outclass Mass Effect, but now they are back to fantasy games, like we don't have enough of them. >.<

Like their take on "fantasy" is at all like anything out there already.

Xbro

Wait this isn't a joke post?

MomoQca

...but what about Metroid? Lol.

I prefer they alternate between the fantasy and sci-fi genres. Some variety would be nice.

alvis.exe

I'm betting on Hikari. She's likely to be a Blade though.

latest

Worst case scenario I could see her being a tsundere type rival Blade character who tries to fight on her own but then joins with Rex after some power of friendship speech and now they have harem hijinks with one guy and two girls. I really really really hope I'm wrong.

Waji

v87oxpi.jpg
If people missed him in tha trailer :
bwUMtby.png

8F59IFv.png

If Xenoblade was the same as the others I'd understand, but it's actually one of the only series I like so, no.

Fireblend

Banned
Thanks for this thread Waji! Really appreciate your efforts. Subbed.

I absolutely can't wait for this game. Can't understand people coming into a thread dedicated to a game that's pretty much done to say they'd rather get another game entirely =/

The first Xenoblade is one of my favorite games ever, and if this game is half as good it'll honestly be enough for me.

Thanks again :)

And I need more music samples in my life.

With that said, I do like seeing Monolith being able to try different things though.

Xenoblade: open world.
Xenoblade X: mature graphics and sci-fi.
Xenoblade 2: cartoonish art style.

They are mastering all areas. :)

Next: medieval? Poor Elder Scrolls, mo.

Waji

Thanks for this thread Waji! Really appreciate your efforts. Subbed.

I absolutely can't wait for this game. Can't understand people coming into a thread dedicated to a game that's pretty much done to say they'd rather get another game entirely =/

The first Xenoblade is one of my favorite games ever, and if this game is half as good it'll honestly be enough for me.

Thanks again :)

And I need more music samples in my life.
I bodly think it may be better than Xenoblade in the end.
We'll need to know a little more about systems first.

I listenned to the tracks again this afternoon and it was far better than I thought at first.
Gave me more hype than I should have.

By the way, I did this topic because I read your answer in the other topic : P.

Xenoblade: open world.
Wrong. It's just a normal RPG with bigger areas than usual.

Xenoblade X: mature graphics and sci-fi.
AND Open world.

Xenoblade 2: cartoonish art style.
Why not.
But then... since it seems to be different each time how can you say it's always the same.
You're pretty good at contradicting yourself ^^.
Plus, Xenoblade 2 appears to me as quite Steam Punk.
The first town, the cogs around the windows of discovered areas, the MC's design...

SalvaPot

Liking what I am seeing. I am specially excited that they are targeting worldwide release, specially now that Switch is region free I won't be tempted to just download the JP and not understand anything at all.

Fireblend

Banned
I bodly think it may be better than Xenoblade in the end.
We'll need to know a little more about systems first.

By the way, I did this topic because I read your answer in the other topic : P.
Good to hear! This is one of my most anticipated games so it sucks that what will probably be the main source for news will be entirely in Japanese :p and I know the game isn't for everyone but I'm sure I'm not the only one with high expectations for it on GAF.

And I just love the original too much. It's up there with FFIX, Chrono Trigger, Grandia, etc. for me so it's hard to believe they could pull off the same sort of game before, but I do want to join you in hoping that they will, haha.

Top Bottom