• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

ignata

Would love to see a lot of these broken links fixed, especially the covers to 3D Dot Game Heroes, FFXIII, Forza 4, Last Story, Rhythm Heaven Fever and Xenoblade.The work here is amazing and led to me messing around with Gimp and trying to figure some of this stuff out. Also would love to see the Wii template back up. Fantastic job to everyone, hope this thread continues to thrive!

RedSwirl

Would love to see a lot of these broken links fixed, especially the covers to 3D Dot Game Heroes, FFXIII, Forza 4, Last Story, Rhythm Heaven Fever and Xenoblade.The work here is amazing and led to me messing around with Gimp and trying to figure some of this stuff out. Also would love to see the Wii template back up. Fantastic job to everyone, hope this thread continues to thrive!

Any of those broken links mine? If they're the TinyPic links, then only the image links are broken. The actual download links should still work.

ignata

Any of those broken links mine? If they're the TinyPic links, then only the image links are broken. The actual download links should still work.

Yeah, mostly MediaFire links to the actual download. An example is the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus image on the first page. Unless there is something real obvious I am missing or doing wrong.

RedSwirl

Yeah, mostly MediaFire links to the actual download. An example is the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus image on the first page. Unless there is something real obvious I am missing or doing wrong.

Well damn. Seems like a shitload of old ones are gone. No one's asked us to rehost so we're not really finding out about this till now.

Can't be a size limit thing because I'm at barely 1% capacity on my MediaFire account.

Edit:
I think what happened was MediaFire changed their URL system, killing all the old links. I'm finding some of my old files still up there but with different URLs. Might give me an opportunity to make slight changes to old covers anyway.

ignata

Well damn. Seems like a shitload of old ones are gone. No one's asked us to rehost so we're not really finding out about this till now.

Can't be a size limit thing because I'm at barely 1% capacity on my MediaFire account.

Edit:
I think what happened was MediaFire changed their URL system, killing all the old links. I'm finding some of my old files still up there but with different URLs. Might give me an opportunity to make slight changes to old covers anyway.

Cool, appreciate you checking it out.

RedSwirl

First, here's a slightly adjusted new version of my Ico & Shadow of the Colossus cover: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pclwjmb985zm9k8

The next couple covers I did are followups to this Final Fantasy X cover I did a while ago: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c9ds4at7iui1s71
Final Fantasy XII

New Final Fantasy XIII Cover: 360/PS3

ffxiii_bn4lyi.png

Notify me of any specific mediafire links that are broken and I'll see if I can find the new ones.

RedSwirl

Anybody else like to see DVD-sized cases for PS1 games? A while ago (before the current gen was in full swing) a lot of people did this to make them fit more in line with PS2 games. Here you go:

Metal Gear Solid

I did a lot of messing around trying to find good art for an MGS1 cover but ultimately I decided to do something reminiscent of the original Japanese and US covers for the game. I'm thinking of starting to put developer logos on all my covers now. It at least makes sense to give props to the guys who actually made the game.

For the subsequent MGS games one thing I decided to do was leave out the subtitles so as to make the covers compatible with either edition of each game.

Metal Gear Solid 2

MGS3 is one of those games where it's hard to out-do the official box art (unless you're talking about the original US Snake Eater cover). So, I just went with the old PAL cover since it isn't seen as often.

Metal Gear Solid 3

What you see below is almost all of the usable Metal Gear Rising art that I could find. There really is a dearth of it out there. The front is almost the only Shinkawa render of Raiden from Rising that I know of. And I have no idea where to find a picture of the logo that doesn't have that lightning crap all over it.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengenace: 360/PS3

mgrrbokm9.png

hurzelein

These look very good! Will definitly use your MGS 2 Cover!

Except the MG Rising cover. Sorry, but I think it does look a little bit thrown together. Not a criticism of your work, as you said it was hard to find material. I dont know if its the contrast of the white front to the dark back (which doesn't really matter anymore if its printed out as you will only see one site at a time then) or its just because I don't the like the game too much, I have no idea.

I am constantly changing my opinion about so much stuff, brands etc. ... but I also thought about the developer logos. Just the logo on the bottom of the spine like you did maybe. But for me, not on the front, i will edit that.

Didn't print most of my covers for these very reasons, will print them all together with a consistent look.

My next Project (on the weekend maybe) will also be a Ps1 Dvd Cover, all three Crash Bandicoot games on one Cover.

Question: Is Demostenes (Thread-Starter) still active here? He did great work here, hope he is able to integrate the new pictures.

Zajora

I was looking for the Wii template as well, but nobody seemed to have it, or be willing to upload it for me.

So I made my own. (I'll probably make more changes later)

It doesn't seem like the OP is still updating this thread, which is strange because they're still posting elsewhere. It's a pity, because I have some ideas for improvements for the thread. It seems like it'd make more sense to have thumbnail style representations of the covers instead of just text links, since in order to decide if you want a cover you'd have to click through a fairly large number of large images.

Edit: Unless there's a max number of images that can be contained per post. Is there?

This thread makes me realize how hideous the electric green Xbox cases really are, and how awesome the clear/black PS2/PS3 cases are for these custom covers.

cj_iwakura

First, here's a slightly adjusted new version of my Ico & Shadow of the Colossus cover: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pclwjmb985zm9k8

The next couple covers I did are followups to this Final Fantasy X cover I did a while ago: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c9ds4at7iui1s71
Final Fantasy XII

New Final Fantasy XIII Cover: 360/PS3

ffxiii_bn4lyi.png

Notify me of any specific mediafire links that are broken and I'll see if I can find the new ones.

Amano still making Square's artists look like amateurs.

RedSwirl

Amano still making Square's artists look like amateurs.

And the funniest part is, all of this stuff I'm using is FROM Square's artists.

This thread makes me realize how hideous the electric green Xbox cases really are, and how awesome the clear/black PS2/PS3 cases are for these custom covers.

Good think you can just buy some empty DVD cases and put the Xbox games in there. They're the same size.

hurzelein

Not much effort and I dont like the Logo too much (so no printable Version) but I wanted to practice something:

Found a step-for-step youtube-Tutorial HOW TO DO the 3D and Shadow-Effects, check it out! Couldnt use the script from the first Post because I have CS6, maybe someone else has a similiar problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNlJnkx2ZU&feature=channel_video_title

I also moved and edited the Xbox 360 Logos on the spine and the Front. It looks more like the Ps3-Design now and I like it much better!

kitsunisan

Neo Member
my first post :) waited a long time to get on here

Rock Band 2

Rock Band 3

Beautiful work on these!
I hope you don't mind, but I saw that all you had were PS3 covers, but I have Rock Band on the 360. I blatantly stole your idea and ran with it, converting it to the X-Box 360. I added art for the first Rock Band while I was at it. Just uploading the 3D preview right now, I'll wait until you give permission for me to upload the templates themselves, since it's your design that I went off of and the templates are live now to, thanks vvise.

vvise

Beautiful work on these!
I hope you don't mind, but I saw that all you had were PS3 covers, but I have Rock Band on the 360. I blatantly stole your idea and ran with it, converting it to the X-Box 360. I added art for the first Rock Band while I was at it. Just uploading the 3D preview right now, I'll wait until you give permission for me to upload the templates themselves, since it's your design that I went off of.

please go ahead :) feel free to convert them for 360. that goes for any of the covers i put up here.

What you see below is almost all of the usable Metal Gear Rising art that I could find. There really is a dearth of it out there. The front is almost the only Shinkawa render of Raiden from Rising that I know of. And I have no idea where to find a picture of the logo that doesn't have that lightning crap all over it.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengenace: 360/PS3

mgrrbokm9.png

Tried taking a few pictures from my art book to make a back that fit a bit better with the rest of your Metal Gear covers. Best I could do with how the pictures came out. I'll try and scan the book when I get the chance and re do it or I could send them to you, as it is your cover.

kitsunisan

Neo Member
Dreweyes did a Playstation All Stars cover a few pages back, but all links seem to be dead, I don't konw what he did. :( So I went ahead and threw my own together, hope he didn't use the same art.

And here's a lazy GTA V cover-

RedSwirl

360/PS3/PC

This is basically the same thing that Mithros did a while ago, but I wanted to go ahead and do it for 360 and PC as well. Plus the links to all the old ones don't work anymore since mediafire changed all their URLs.

trinaj2.png

ihustle50

Neo Member
Repaired links for MGS HD Collection:

360/PS3

i mentioned this before, but i think my question fell on deaf ears. but i'll try again, for the ps3 cover that you reuploaded, could you fix the subtitles, they aren't centered with it's respective art, unlike the 360 cover.
i really like the cover, but the off-placement of the subtitle is throwing me off

thank you for your great work though, they're great stuff

kitsunisan

Neo Member
Not really satisfied with this Tomb Raider cover because it has Lara drawing with her left hand, but there's no other way to use it. It wouldn't look right with her on the back imo. But, need something to put my game in, I bought the steelbook from Target and don't want that damaged.

Top Bottom