• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rip models & maps from any 3D game

Cool looking tool.

Yes, it is akin to sprite rippers and since it doesn't actually rip animations, it's actually not as dangerous to the original artist as sprite ripping (or at least on the surface it seems).

That said, as a person who has toiled MANY YEARS to generate content for the many games you kids play, I can understand not wanting your work; taken out of context, messed with or even "analyzed" (ie: rotoscoped and ripped-off, probably).

When you actually create something and you put your heart and soul into (even if it's a fricken bottle for licensed game #3), you feel some form of attachment to that asset. Thinking that it's out there and someone can take it and do whatever without consent can be unnerving.

PS. Getting paid does not preclude the right to feel violated.

It's kind of like someone taking your car for a joyride, while you're sleep. Even if they got it detailed and filled the tank with gas, they still stole your property or "temporarily borrowed it".

Again, cool tool, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TheJollyCorner said:
hahaa this reminds me of the guy on these forums a couple years ago that took the DOA girls (I think) and made hilarious scenarios (including a mountain of their lifeless bodies) out of them w/ some 3D model program. :lol
5ec504085149e0f376b156987fbd0311.jpg

Goldrusher

Might be a good thread to ask...

I used to have like an aerial photo of the entire GTA San Andreas map. Anyone has that ?

shuri said:
Hilarious, considering 100% of modelers started to learn how to model when they were teenagers using ripped textures, stolen 3d models for 'models depot' sites and cracked versions of 3d software. Cry me a river; let those kids cut their teeths, who cares, you got paid already; and its not even your model, it's the company's models.

Not in my case. I never used cracked software and never used anyone else's models or textures to create my portfolio.

Top Bottom