• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Ricky_R

Sunshine adds his own post processing filter on top of the GIFs he makes. It's subtle but it's there. The improvements might just be his doing. But they do seem to have improved the artifacting atleast in object motion blur, camera blur is still the same.

Ahh. Wondered if he did, but assumed it was the game.

yWYVeKe.jpg

Arby's doing the Arby's thing again.

Loved chapters 1-3...But chapter 4 is going to absolutely slaughter this games replay value. It's boring, long and feels a little too close to the Ubisoft tower design.
Drive here, use Jeep to pull down these doors, fight these guys, climb this tower, turn this crank and on to the next one to do the exact same thing.

Loved chapters 1-3...But chapter 4 is going to absolutely slaughter this games replay value. It's boring, long and feels a little too close to the Ubisoft tower design.
Drive here, use Jeep to pull down these doors, fight these guys, climb this tower, turn this crank and on to the next one to do the exact same thing.

Worst Chapter in the game so far for me

Heh.

Earlier today I called this the greatest chapter in the series and said it should be a template for ND games moving forward

Its gonna be divisive isn't it? 😬

So are the Jak & Daxter codes supposed to be emailed out by the retailer? My copy arrived just now and it had a code for "That's You" in it.

george_us

Up to Chapter 4 and I've done
two of the three shrines plus collected three tokens.
Overall I'm enjoying this far more than U4. There's still a lot of down time but the difference here is that the activities during this time are a lot more interesting and it's all peppered with enemy encounters. Right now it's giving Persona 5 a run for its money as GOTY. Fantastic stuff.

A.J.

Banned
I don't know if things have changed, an error has occurred or it just seems that way for now, but....

I got this from the season pass for U4, and so was not supposed to get J&D. I even had a little rant about it, but it has added it to my downloads and library when grabbing the free TLL download from the store.

Has this happened to others?

J&D is still showing up as 14.99 for me even though I got TLL with the season pass

george_us

I guess from this post you're implying that Uncharted 4 has a weak start, I actually thought the first 5 or 6 chapters were super strong, and take you through quite a lot,
Boat set-piece > Young Nate & Sam > Prison, Sams "death" > Nate's job / home life > Sam flashback > Heist. I don't think the game really slows way the fuck down until Scotland, which is a very long chapter, although at that point the game really has to sell you on Sam for the rest of the game to work, if at that point you're not into him than I can see how it drags. I guess this game doesn't really have to establish new characters too much beyond a villain, so that probably helps the pace.
I honestly found most of those parts painfully dull save for the prison break. Even the Heist level didn't do much for me. Uncharted 4 was too busy being a character study when all I wanted is crazy treasure hunting adventures.

Alucrid

Banned
Heh.

Earlier today I called this the greatest chapter in the series and said it should be a template for ND games moving forward

yeah i thoroughly enjoyed the little side quest you do in chapter 4. felt like an uncharted adventure within an uncharted adventure

zsynqx

2 more hours until this unlocks in the UK, so fucking ready.

Up to Chapter 4 and I've done
two of the three shrines plus collected three tokens.
Overall I'm enjoying this far more than U4. There's still a lot of down time but the difference here is that the activities during this time are a lot more interesting and it's all peppered with enemy encounters. Right now it's giving Persona 5 a run for its money as GOTY. Fantastic stuff.

This is good to hear. Down time is not a bad thing, when used appropriately; allows them to give us some great character moments. The fact that they made it more engaging than just walking around big empty space like much of 4 is definitely exciting.

TLOU was much better about this but they had the benefit of the scavenging system to encourage further exploration..

Easily.

Heh.

If that's the case then ND is going to be met with the same backlash as Bioware was with DA:I and more so Andromeda with it's Remnant puzzles because this is very similar in design choice. You do the same things in 3 different locations and it's typical trash open world design.

JJShadow

A question regarding chapter 4:
is the side-mission related to that ? symbol in the map, or does it have something to do with finding those tokens?

AdaWong

Something so funny I noticed after replaying it LMAO

Whenever Nadine expresses worry towards Asav's "expert" and Chloe plays along / brushes it off bc it's Sam and she orchestrated it.. i fucking love this game y'all

JayB1920

Easily.

If that's the case then ND is going to be met with the same backlash as Bioware was with DA:I and more so Andromeda with it's Remnant puzzles because this is very similar in design choice. You do the same things in 3 different locations and it's typical trash open world design.

But you really don’t do the same thing. One is a puzzle focused path, one is combat focused and one is more climbing focused. Only the jigsaw puzzle at the end of each similar but they each work a little differently.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Something so funny I noticed after replaying it LMAO

Whenever Nadine expresses worry towards Asav's "expert" and Chloe plays along / brushes it off bc it's Sam and she orchestrated it.. i fucking love this game y'all

There's also this great line
when Nadine asks about her involvement with the Drakes: "Don't worry, Nathan Drake isn't in the picture anymore', conveniently leaving out Sam

I'm a ways through Chapter 4 and this game is delivering. It's refined the mechanics and level design of Uncharted 4 while reviving the tone and spirit of 2. This is so far the most I've enjoyed an Uncharted game since Among Thieves.

Shin-Ra

Amazon (UK) Jak & Daxter code working for anyone? Mine gives an error.
Not valid until tomorrow apparently.
My Amazon UK code worked immediately in the web store. It's even playable already.

Make sure to enable 60Hz in the options otherwise there's constant motion judder.
Code:
START → OPTIONS → GRAPHIC OPTIONS → VIDEO MODE → 60HZ

I'm not sure how.... but this looks tons of times better than UC4.

I mean, the HDR helps a lot with good amount of time to develop. But this is insane. The new art direction is just marvellous.

Does anyone do nature better than ND?
Some developers can excel at water or greenery, but this is the whole package. Greenery, water, mountains, animal life, etc.

Their compositions are without equal.
It seems like every chapter has one of those "wow holy shit that's pretty" moments.

Up to chapter 6 and loving the game thus far.
The chapter 5 puzzle kicked my ass for about 30 minutes.
Hopefully that's the hardest one in the game.

pots555

Does anyone do nature better than ND?
Some developers can excel at water or greenery, but this is the whole package. Greenery, water, mountains, animal life, etc.

Their compositions are without equal.
It seems like every chapter has one of those "wow holy shit that's pretty" moments.

Chapter
blew me away. I kept stopping to take screenshots. Truly magnificent.

Seriously? Wow I thought this chapter is one of the most interesting things ND did to the Franchise. It's so good and relaxing! I spent more than 3 hours just exploring the area.

I agree, its making me want to quit playing the game

Top Bottom